• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    IndyMichaelB, thanks for the info. I missed this match due to work, but my buddy Steel and Wood shot in it. He was going to try to take some videos of the stages for me, and hopefully I can make it to the next match. Sounds very similar to TSA, so I can probably mess it up with just as easily.

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Hey team - following this thread for a while. Interested in the 2 gun matches in Batesville. I checked out TCH website and they have zero information regarding these matches and they are not even on the calendar. Is there any posted info on them other than what I have seen here? It's a bit of a drive for me and I'd hate to show up to an empty range or show up at the wrong time, as i saw start time a couple weeks ago was different than the usual.

Thanks for the input

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    I will make another post on this thread closer to the end of the month, but as of now the monthly match is back on schedule. 4th Sunday of the month, sign in starts at 9. There are so many matches that don't advertise on INGO for some unknown reason. I have mentioned this to the TSA match director.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Mj you should go if you are interested. Last month was my first with this group of guys and my first time with 2 gun. Could not have had a better time. I will be going back this month, I am looking forward to it.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    It was great meeting new INGOers at the TSA match in Batesville today. It was equally great to see my buddy Steel and Wood again! Challenging match, and completely dry for a change! Running a revolver as my secondary may not have been the best idea I've had lately.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for starting this thread! I was not aware that there was a 2-gun match happening on a regular basis within a reasonable driving distance from Indy. It was great to compete with my rifle today and I enjoyed being on your squad. I will be back again soon!

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Thanks FreeLand! You made an impressive run for your first time at a TSA match. However, mj.elder(good job!) beat both of us I believe (we will blame this on your magnifier and my revolver, right?). It was great to shoot with all of you guys from the Indy area.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks FreeLand! You made an impressive run for your first time at a TSA match. However, mj.elder(good job!) beat both of us I believe (we will blame this on your magnifier and my revolver, right?). It was great to shoot with all of you guys from the Indy area.

LOL. A perfectly functioning optic would probably not have changed too much where i finished on the day. However, I have no doubt an alarm clock would have made a significant difference in your score. I have a conflict that will prevent me from shooting the September match, but I am already looking forward to October.

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Woah. That was a whole lot of fun. Thanks to CZ Evo3 for encouraging me to come out. This was my first shooting event outside of standard range target practice and it couldn't have gone better. For anyone considering going, I highly recommend it! Great group of guys and the courses they think up are fun, challenging, and will improve your skills with your kit. Will definitely be going to future shoots.

Thanks to everyone who made my first outing a huge success!

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Also - when should we expect scores to be sent out. I'm itching to see how i stacked up with the rest of the shooters.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    This was a great time Evo. Thanks for the information For these matches. It was great time my second time and will not be the last. It was good seeing the guys they are very helpful and friendly and meeting the other new ingunowners was great.
    All the guys that put on the match and setting up did a great job. Thanks again

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Gregkl, I have never invited anyone to a TSA match and had them tell me that they HATED it! They are fun, and can be very educational. I've seen a lot of guys show up at their first match with an accessories that didn't make the cut for the second match. Great proving ground for skills and equipment.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've seen a lot of guys show up at their first match with an accessories that didn't make the cut for the second match. Great proving ground for skills and equipment.

Was this month typical in that the longest rifle shot taken was roughly 50 yds.? Or do you sometimes have targets set out closer to 100? I'd think it would be pretty hard to make head shots at that distance with iron sights or a unmagnified red dot.

Top Bottom