• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There is a slight problem there.. IF my bride sees this I am dead... And not a Hollywood wham-bam dead, we are talking European suffering the whole movie dead..

Its not like a pistol, you can shove that down your pants, and if she see it you at worst will get a "Hey sailor, you happy to see me" comment..

I will need to get some mash potatoes with gravy and some Turkey in her and slip her into a food coma before I can bring this in the house..

Slip that one down your pants and she'll ryn away screaming.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Now on the Plus side the gun is an Aircraft gun so it should have a higher cycle then a normal 50...
    On the negative side the barrel rifling is a bit worn... most aircraft barrels had a shorter lifes..
    But Once again a lesson, travel the state for cool guns and then its a wow factor x 10 at Fall City... Just wish I lived closer.
    And if he does not have something you want, you will get a University level history discussion and show of his latest collection of funny internet videos...

Barrel worn???? That was just a half inch worth of leading.....:)

Amazing what 60 years in the high desert, burning jet fuel, landing nose first, and a cutting torch can do to a big .50 huh????:)

f86-19a.jpg

So will the wife let you use it for a centerpiece on the dining room table????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

After all you all are "looking for couples to hang out with"....:)

[video=youtube;-luLqaEiszI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-luLqaEiszI[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You guys need more understanding wives.;)

I gave mine a 1960 Colt Police Positive marked "Policia de Columbia" a few days ago and by doing so she said nothing about a rough 1976 S&W Model 10-5 I picked up Saturday....

She wants to keep it close by when she watches "Narcos" on Netflix....

"Just think Honey, the officer carrying this may have had Pablo query to him, "Plato o Plomo?"

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Nope...It's nigh on 300 yards away from my shop....This is the shop where employees of said range take their breaks at...Because you know you have to take a break from guns and come down and hang around more guns right? :)

Ah, it's YOUR shop!

I sorry.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'd dealt with indiucky privately for years through INGO but made it to the shop for the first time a couple weeks ago. The aura of good old wood and steel washed over me as I entered. I'm always more interested in used over new and there were probably 4-5 handguns I would have been glad to take home if I'd had the gun funds with me.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    No it's my WIFE'S shop....She just let's me work here...When she pulls up there is a quiet hush of "Uh uh....The CEO is here....QUICK!!!! Ditch the Salma Hayek GIFs and prepare for a "this carpet is filthy" tirade...."

:)

Clean well lighted gun shops with lots of open space between racks and shelves creep me out.

Like a barber shop without playboys and leather & chrome chairs.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    So will the wife let you use it for a centerpiece on the dining room table????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You know she was not as bad as I thought.. I really think the Volley Gun Broke her spirit... Now when something big and ugly enters the house, At most now I get
    Quiet sobbing.. and a look of realizing that she did not marry up...

In fact when I showed her , Her exact words were.. "Now that is cool, where did you get it from??? Ricks"???

The bad reaction came from the How much of the gun I left on her back set after I took it in the house..

Doggy daddy took it hard... 1st words out of his mouth was "Thank God I did not order the reloading dies for it"

Then typical practical DD he looked up one side of the gun then another... He gave a little grunt... then a couple "Hmms" and stands there
    looking at it for what seemed like a lifetime.. He steps away and comes back with a blow torch, hammer and oily rags.. He looks up and says

"Ok I can straighten that barrel , and I can fix up alot of the dents... but there will be some marks"

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You know she was not as bad as I thought.. I really think the Volley Gun Broke her spirit... Now when something big and ugly enters the house, At most now I get Quiet sobbing.. and a look of realizing that she did not marry up...

My wife's theme song...:)

[video=youtube;Q_RgbX_iJpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RgbX_iJpw[/video]

It's a neat piece of history and like you said, "Hell Rick, it's cheaper than driving around the desert looking for a crashed F 86..."LOL

Top Bottom