2011 Hush Indiana Suppressor Shoot AAR & Pics (Postive & Negative Feedback Please!!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    That's all I needed to know

The test results are property of www.nfatalk.org and will be published free of charge on that website as soon as he gets them entered. Bill is the only FREE SUPPRESSOR TEST RESULTS publisher that I am aware of in the United States and we are lucky to have him right here in Indiana!!!!

In Indiana, Hmmm, was not aware of that, will check that site out later today, thanks

Bob

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The shoot was pretty sweet. Sampled a lot of awesome stuff. Next year might I recommend that the "winners" of the raffeled products be present at the time of the drawing??? All but 20-30 people stayed till 7, sunburnt and all for nothin...
    Awesome day though! Thanks for puttin this on!

Just my .02

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    And your thoughts on them? :D
    Well, I mostly just wanted to compare suppression, and despite the size difference, I think they're both very similar in that respect. I think if I get one of them it will be the Zephyr so it will work well on my 22/45 as well. Although I think the Zephyr would look a bit odd on my ST-22 because it's so small.

The shoot was pretty sweet. Sampled a lot of awesome stuff. Next year might I recommend that the "winners" of the raffeled products be present at the time of the drawing??? All but 20-30 people stayed till 7, sunburnt and all for nothin...
    Awesome day though! Thanks for puttin this on!

Just my .02
    Yeah, I'm torn on this as well. It would have been nice to have more people there during the raffle because it was dead. Drawing took forever on the steel targets because most people weren't there. And IIRC, Liberty Suppressors wanted to get a photo of the winner of their suppressor, however that person wasn't present at the time. Corey stuck to his word that you didn't have to be present to win since that's the way he advertised it so Liberty just had to leave slightly disappointed in that respect.

However, at the same time, I think its nice that if you go to the shoot, pay your way in etc, and you just have a scheduling conflict or something that keeps you from staying for the raffle, you still get a chance to win prizes.

I think this is a tough dilemna, I'll leave the decision making on that up to the organizers. I won't fault them either way because there are good & bad to each of them.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I paid just as much as everyone else for my 3 tickets (which I bought like a week after HUSH was announced) but i couldnt stay. I became ineligible for the steel since I didnt stay but I had a shot to win the other stuff which I liked. believe me, if i could have stayed I woud have, if nothing else just for the good company. so I do not think people should have to be there to win at the next one either. (the steel I understand)

If I have any regrets its this: I didnt get to fire the 2 cans I want to buy. the ISIS9 and the new 5.56 can from thompson machine.

also I think if its possible to keep the entrance and shooting fee next time to only $10 or $15 instead of $20 per person it would draw in more people. I know the extra $10 shooting fee wasnt up to Cory.

Definitely get Gemtech to come back next time!!!! they had the most organized and informative booth there in my opinion. had everything laying out on the table to tell you and show you the differences and were letting people blow through their ammo. I enjoyed the other vendors as well but Gemtech took the cake in my opinion. you could tell they had done this before.

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I couldn't stay for the entire day because it ran so late and I had some things to do that evening. If it were on the original time schedule of ending at 5PM, I would have still been there but 7PM ending time for me was to late with the drive home afterwards.

As for the raffle, it worked out well for me since I couldnt stay but was still eligible, but how ever Corey wants to handle it is fine by me. I would maybe hold the drawing over the course of the day, like draw one prize every hour. Being present could be option for everything but maybe make a couple of the last prizes the big ones that you must be present to win. Thats a common thing done at a lot of events to try and keep people around longer.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Definitely get Gemtech to come back next time!!!! they had the most organized and informative booth there in my opinion. had everything laying out on the table to tell you and show you the differences and were letting people blow through their ammo. I enjoyed the other vendors as well but Gemtech took the cake in my opinion. you could tell they had done this before.

I was one of the RO's in the Gemtech section and Kel and Justin were great to work with. I'll agree having brought their own ammo was a plus and most everyone shot Gemtechs ammo. A few tried their own. They brought five hosts with cans for folks to try out and it made it very easy to watch everyone when all they had to do was walk up. Grab a mag of their choice, load it up and shoot. I estimate they went through about 8-10K rounds of 22 Sunday and about 1K rounds of the 9mm. Everyone liked the ACOG on the MP 15-22.

Corey FYI - numerous times Kel said thanks for the RO. He said normally they have to show and RO and that makes it really hard on them and not having to worry about it was a big relief.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'll give props to mjrducky, he spent all day over with gemtech with nothing less than an ear to ear grin all day, not one complaint even when I was telling him how awesome the full auto 10/22 was and he needed to go shoot it. I don't know if I could have done that.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'll give props to mjrducky, he spent all day over with gemtech with nothing less than an ear to ear grin all day, not one complaint even when I was telling him how awesome the full auto 10/22 was and he needed to go shoot it. I don't know if I could have done that.

Yes, that full auto 10/22 was awesome! I really enjoyed shooting that.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN

I finally got the chance to check that sucker out at the end of the day but they were starting to pack up and my wife was with me. Soooo it was probably best that I didn't shoot it.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    This!!!

But it also goes to show what kind of people were at the shoot. We had no trash cans out by the line and at the end of the night NOT ONE PIECE OF TRASH WAS ON THE LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe thats the answer. Don't have trash cans for people to leave trash behind. If there arn't any they take it with them. Brilliant Corey your a genius!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Maybe thats the answer. Don't have trash cans for people to leave trash behind. If there arn't any they take it with them. Brilliant Corey your a genius!
    LOL, yeah i packed mine out because i was so focused on all the goodness around me I dont think I would have seen a trash can if it would have kicked me in the shin. I was too excited to make sure i made it to the INGO wheel of crack, I mean SWAG a couple times at least for a shot at that knife, light and ammo. it was addicting. and of coarse over to INS for a shot at a CAN!!! and to wink at SJ ;)

I missed Huntertown Arms!!! :( where were they at? I was really looking forward to meeting them guys and shaking hands and thanking them!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom