2011 Hush Indiana Suppressor Shoot AAR & Pics (Postive & Negative Feedback Please!!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    It was a great event and was glad to see such a nice turn out. Thank you everyone that did come out and for those that didn't, you missed out on a good time! I thought the event was ran good and the firing lines went well. Hope be be able to do this again next year!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I was thinking about it, I think my only change for next year would be to put steel targets at one end of the range. I think the "Hush" effect is lowered when you have someone shooting non-subsonic ammo through an MP5 at a steel target.
    I agree, that sort of ruined the whole thing. Almost made me want to put ear-pro on when I was around that area because you never know when somebody is going to open up with the MP5.

Overall, I was a "tad" disappointed but that's because I didn't come until later (just a little after 5). As a matter of fact, they weren't even selling tickets by the time I got there so I didn't get entered in the drawing for the goodies. And it seemed almost dead by the time I arrived. Not many people around, and the INGO booth was already gone.

I assumed things would still be going strong up until the drawing at 6, but they weren't. The good news was the vendors had lots of ammo left that they wanted to blow through so we got to do a little free shooting. Compared the Zephyr to the Zephyr XL which I really wanted to do. Very nice people at the demo booths.

Oh well, there is always next year I guess. Maybe I'll actually have money to buy something then too.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Im not ignoring this thread, I am just still putting stuff away and cleaning cans and guns.

Also watching all the responses so I can hopefully thank/explain any questions, comments, concerns in one post.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Saturday results??

Corey;

Will or can you publicly or privately publish results of your testing on Saturday?

Very much interested in the suppressor/ammo/temperature conditions and results on the 22LR cans especially.

Thanks

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had to attend an all weekend swim meet with my son or I would have attended. Looks like it was a great event. I'll have to check it out next year. Hopefully it will be at MCF&G again.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    A friend and I went to the Hush event and both had a GREAT time.

The day started off on a bad note in many ways. First when we got there I realized I did an excellent job of remember everything we needed, except for the most important thing which was the tickets! Thankfully a call to Corey and all was well.

After that things went well for a while. I got a spin on the 'wheel o' swag' at 1PM and won a re-up on my site supporters status, stopped by 21st century and got a new Ruger 25 round 10/22 mag, and looked around a bit. Next we hit up the Gemtech to talk about some cans and shoot some free demo ammo and cans :)

After that we hit the range and parked our self right in front of the Bobcat steel zombie target! This is where I broke the first thing. In the first mag through my M&P15-22 I had one round fire out of battery, and blow the extractor and everything that goes with it out the ejection port. Luckily I also had an M&P15-22 pistol, so I swapped bolts and went again. At some point I also broke a Walther SP22. Put one mag through it no problem, 2nd mag nothing. It wouldn't fire at all, so Ill need to fix it as well.

Anyway, it was great to be on the line for most of the day. We were right in the middle of some guys with some really cool suppressed rifles and subguns. Brass rainbows everywhere!!!!!!!

At 3pm I headed back over to the INGO table to spin the wheel again, and this time hit the jackpot. I won the 5000 round case of Federal .22 LR. :) Thanks INGO and 21st century!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the end of the day we had a blast, got to run some sweet suppressed rifles, talk with some awesome vendor and meet a lot of really cool gun people! It was also great talking with everyone I already know and shoot the bull.

Thanks to Corey for putting together such a great event! I hope you continue to have it and that it grows to be a major one!

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Corey, it was a great event! Hopefully next time I'll be able to try out the cans, but I decided not to shoot do to the fact that I had my soon to be step son with me(he's only 13). BUT, I had a great time letting him experience for the first time what suppressors were all about, along with letting him witness full auto for the first time. :) My only suggestion would be to have all the active shooting on one line. I'm not sure why Gemtech was set up in one of the bays, but I assume there was a reason. I had on more than one occasion some one mention to me at the vendors tables that they could hear the occasional round whizzing by overhead. I personally didn't notice it, just repeating what I was told.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Will or can you publicly or privately publish results of your testing on Saturday?

The test results are property of www.nfatalk.org and will be published free of charge on that website as soon as he gets them entered. Bill is the only FREE SUPPRESSOR TEST RESULTS publisher that I am aware of in the United States and we are lucky to have him right here in Indiana!!!!

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    but I decided not to shoot do to the fact that I had my soon to be step son with me(he's only 13)

I absolutly HATE to hear this, I soooooooooooo wanted to allow younger shooters but my insurance company would only go along with a policy on the shoot if I swore on my first born not to allow anyone less then 18 years old to shoot.

I believe it is all from the MG tragedy with the 8 year old last year at a MG shoot. If I didn't agree with the 18 and over they would not have insured the event or it would have been cost prohibative.

Last edited:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    What was the total attendance number?

I haven't had time to figure it out yet. I am hoping for a count tomorrow. According to Kel (who does this about every weekend), he estimated it at about 250 people at one point.

The only figures I will have are total tickets sold and total shooter passes sold. If people bought pre-sale tickets and didn't come it may skew the numbers.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I absolutly HATE to hear this, I soooooooooooo wanted to allow younger shooters but my insurance company would only go along with a policy on the shoot if I swore on my first born not to allow anyone less then 18 years old to shoot.

I believe it is all from the MG tragedy with the 14 year old last year at a MG shoot. If I didn't agree with the 18 and over they would not have insured the event or it would have been cost prohibative.

No explanations necessary Corey, we talked about it at the 1500 and I knew the limitations that were placed on you, and your hands were tied. We were both just happy to be in attendance. If you do get a little bit of free time this summer and want to give him a chance to check out what a suppressor feels like, let me know and we can work it out. (no pressure).

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

I believe it is all from the MG tragedy with the 14 year old last year at a MG shoot. If I didn't agree with the 18 and over they would not have insured the event or it would have been cost prohibative.

dont believe i heard about this or if i did i dont remember. where was that at?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom