• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Now that all the seasons I am hunting are over, saw 3 bucks chasing a doe just over in the next field last night! UGHHHH!

One was a 2 year old, the other 2 were year and a half'ers.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Gotta hunt those thickets to see deer. Makes getting a shot off hard, but thats where I saw most of the deer I saw at. Every area is different I know,but this was the best year for buck sightings Ive had in 35 years. Even though I didnt take the buck I wanted. I saw 2 awesome bucks, just never gave me a decent shot. It was a new area and I never had an opportunity to cut shooting lanes.
    I hunted for a week right outside of a thicket for 5 days and never seen a thing. Moved inside the thicket and things came alive. Saw a doe and a real nice 10 point at first light, and 5 minutes later had another 10 come through, that I took. Next day put my Son n law in that spot and he took one by 8 am.
    The thicker the better.

antiwheeze

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    My 2011 public property bow buck:
    201110ptbuck.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    :crying::crying::crying:

I finally had two does come within 25 yards with a bow in my hand tonight... I went to draw and was spotted by a third I hadn't seen and she blew :crying::crying::crying:

so close, yet so far away...

the good thing is, I've learned a TON this season and actually found a new area to hunt next season. I was on the ground and found a bedding area with deer crap and trails all over it.

I'll still be at it until last light on Sunday. I really want to get my first archery deer.

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    I'll still be at it until last light on Sunday. I really want to get my first archery deer.

I hope you get one man! Took me three years to get an archery kill. This year was my first one. It sucked eating the tags and not getting a harvest when I put the time in, but truth be told.... it made my first kill all the more memorable. Besides, I got to spend A LOT of time in the woods and just enjoy nature. I just enjoy being out there. The harvest is just a bonus to me. Had I gone out and stuck one my first week of hunting my first archery season, i'd have prolly taken it for granted some. I earned my first one and am very proud of it. My adrenaline was pumping way harder on shooting my antlerless with a bow than it was for harvesting my first wall-hanger with a shotgun at the same distance. I have no doubts that your day will come soon enough.

dcary7

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    well I went out this evening seen the new trails the deer use during late season. didn't see any at all but man I think it the RUT for those crazy squirrells! Hope everyone else had a good evening!!!

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    My bass fishing buddy came this afternoon and hunted one of my stands on my 30 acre farm. He saw 8 nice does and no bucks. The does were coming to him and stalled at about 50 yds. He said there was something they just didn't like. It has been a good year. Happy New Year to all my freinds here on INGO.

Top Bottom