• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    so if i wanted to go out these next two weeks and take a buck with my crossbow, do i need to buy the archery tag, or the extra archery tag? i already have a bonus antlerless from this firearms season. this is my first year hunting, much less with archery equipment. thanks guys (and gals)!

Last edited:

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    picture.php

Cant remember posting a pic of the buck I took this year so here he is. He had broke a couple tines by the time I harvested him. Couldnt get a shot at the big 7 pt I had on film. Had a good season as far as seeing bucks. All together I saw about 20 bucks and had shots at 3 of them, Missed twice. Hard getting the perfect shot off in the cedar thicket I was hunting. Missed this 10 first, then 3 days later,called in a real nice chocolote brown racked 10,and hit another cedar branch. I didnt really want to take him but he had a bumb leg and I figured the humane thing to do was take him out.(the buck I shot)
    picture.php

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Spent last evening and this morning in section I of Pigeon River. Lots of deer sign (rubs, tracks, browse), some sandhill cranes, a few geese, one squirrel and NO DEER. Look like the trusty flintlock will have to wait for next year.

buckhunterbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Kimmell
    Made it out this morning. Was in tree stand by 7am. 8:30am had 4 antlerless deer come thru woods. Stopped by a big water area that was frozen over. Couple of yearlings broke ice & drank water. 30 yards away. Watched them at this distance debating whether to shoot or not for maybe 10 minutes. Group started to move. Biggest deer stopped @ 40 yds. broadside. Debated whether to shoot or not. had scope on deer a couple of times.
    Decided to take shot. Boom! Deer turns around & runs a half circle & falls about 15yds. from treestand! No tracking this year. Reloaded ml. & a few minutes later see a coyote moving thru woods. Thought for sure coyote would find deer but instead headed away from deer. At about 75 yds,Boom, coyote takes off running,missed. Had a clear shot but coyote was moving. Should of tried to stop it with some type of noise. Stayed in tree till after 10am. Didn't see anymore large game.
    Anyways,got a nice doe. 110-120 lbs dressed. Got deer checked in & hanged/skinned.
    Muzzleloader cleaned,season done. Seen about average deer this year while hunting. Buck sightings were down. Only seen 1 shooter buck since last week of early bow season. Also have seen very few deer to/from work when I normally see many.
    Good luck tonite for anyone going this evening.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I didn't have a lot of chances to hunt this season, but it will go down in the books as a memorable one.

I only was able to hunt with my bow a few times and only saw a few deer, and never had a shooter in range.

Due to work and family commitments, my gun season was to begin and end on opening day. I had planned on a all day sit, and was rewarded after 11 1/2 hours with the only deer I saw all day. The best buck I've taken in ten years!

And finally, on the next to the last day of muzzle loader season, my lovely wife took her first buck with the first shot out of her new rifle!!

Not much hunting for me this year, but a lot of memories I will keep with me forever. This is what deer hunting is all about for me.:rockwoot:

buckhunterbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Kimmell
    I didn't have a lot of chances to hunt this season, but it will go down in the books as a memorable one.

I only was able to hunt with my bow a few times and only saw a few deer, and never had a shooter in range.

Due to work and family commitments, my gun season was to begin and end on opening day. I had planned on a all day sit, and was rewarded after 11 1/2 hours with the only deer I saw all day. The best buck I've taken in ten years!

And finally, on the next to the last day of muzzle loader season, my lovely wife took her first buck with the first shot out of her new rifle!!

Not much hunting for me this year, but a lot of memories I will keep with me forever. This is what deer hunting is all about for me.:rockwoot:

Congrats to your successful deer season, & your lovely wife. :) Quality time deer hunting!

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana

:postpics:

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I saw 13 deer yesterday and 1 was a decent buck chasing a doe and grunting. I shot a decent doe last evening at about 5:30. I thought I lost my knife but I found it this morning when I went back to the gutpile.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Thanks. Can't say it was a great choice cartridge wise- where I shot the deer anything would have worked (gave me a going away neck shot- spined him).

Just wanted a deer with a gun pops gave me, he always said he'd deer hunt if they opened a season (and never did). Grew up shooting that gun and thought it fitting to put an eight in the freezer, call it done.

I'm going back to .44 magnum.

Will carry the Python for yotes and chucks though.

Top Bottom