• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Public land, UGHHHH! We got started late this year getting back into deer hunting, the wife and I. So, we had to settle for public land. Well, yesterday morning, her and I are about 5 yards apart at a huge old deadfall in the middle of a field. Good vision both directions, natural blind. At just about shooting time and with 3 deer coming closer, some knot head pulls into the parking lot and beebops himself right towards us. I whisper to him that this area was already covered and he starts walking right towards me! Like we were going to stand side by side or something! I told him to get walking the other way and the wife saw the deer bound away! PUBLIC LAND! UGHHHH!
    Then in the evening I got in a great place only to not be able to get a clean shot. 120 yards in the woods with no scope and tons of saplings is a stretch. Maybe I'll be able to get back out later this week. Have to wait and see! Anyone want to let an honest, friendly, middle aged couple hunt their land? Willing to pay! (Seriously!)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Ended up helping two buddies drag out their deer at lunch, a 2.5 9 pointer and a button buck, done with that by 2:30. Hauled ass to a buddies two man stand I'd seen does in before, but too far for the bow. Sat their until 4:15 after seeing two does 120 yards out, all of a sudden take off the other way. Figuring whatever it was that spooked them, I wasn't going to get a shot.

Hauled ass down the ladder, back to truck and moved over to another spot I'd seen some. Climbed 100 yards up the hill and got that summit up the tree as fast as I could. Caught my breath and got the primer in the ML just as I started seeing movement in this firelane. This was just after 5pm.

We had to be down and no shooting at 5:26pm, as part of the mil refuge hunt rules at Crane.

At 5:17, bambi steps out with momma stopping behind her. Was trying to hold out, but she just didn't want to come out.... so the budget CVA Wolf howled and Bambi dropped in her tracks. 25 yards out and the 270gr Powerbelt dropped her.

385028_10150448827753528_681323527_8746343_202118814_n.jpg

as soon as she hit the ground, my fat ass and that Summit Goliath SD made a decent that was probably a little less than safe. I grabbed everything and bundled it togther, threw it in the back of the truck, grabbed my tow rope and got back up the hill.

Dragged her down quick, and threw her in the truck and flew back to check-in. The fine student from Purdue or wherever that we doing the weighing and stats field dressed her up for me.

FINALLY!!! :rockwoot:

This season isn't a total bust :D

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Ended up helping two buddies drag out their deer at lunch, a 2.5 9 pointer and a button buck, done with that by 2:30. Hauled ass to a buddies two man stand I'd seen does in before, but too far for the bow. Sat their until 4:15 after seeing two does 120 yards out, all of a sudden take off the other way. Figuring whatever it was that spooked them, I wasn't going to get a shot.

Hauled ass down the ladder, back to truck and moved over to another spot I'd seen some. Climbed 100 yards up the hill and got that summit up the tree as fast as I could. Caught my breath and got the primer in the ML just as I started seeing movement in this firelane. This was just after 5pm.

We had to be down and no shooting at 5:26pm, as part of the mil refuge hunt rules at Crane.

At 5:17, bambi steps out with momma stopping behind her. Was trying to hold out, but she just didn't want to come out.... so the budget CVA Wolf howled and Bambi dropped in her tracks. 25 yards out and the 270gr Powerbelt dropped her.

as soon as she hit the ground, my fat ass and that Summit Goliath SD made a decent that was probably a little less than safe. I grabbed everything and bundled it togther, threw it in the back of the truck, grabbed my tow rope and got back up the hill.

Dragged her down quick, and threw her in the truck and flew back to check-in. The fine student from Purdue or wherever that we doing the weighing and stats field dressed her up for me.

Congrats!! That will make for some really good eatin.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

+1 for the kill:rockwoot:

+2 for the A Team Shirt:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Got my first 8 pointer on opening day for shotgun.
    2011-11-12_10-05-07_369.jpg

Nice:rockwoot:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

:rockwoot:Congrats, I have been silently rooting for you all season. Reading your posts all season was like watching a mini series on TV, I never knew what the next episode (post) was going to bring.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

Good for you man.... Time to get her butchered!!!! PM me I'm off all week and I'll make you an offer you can't refuse! ;)

Icemancometh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    SUNNY SIDE OF THE RIVER
    Took a huge doe last night, low post count wont allow pics. Saw 2 does as I was leaving my blind. I estimated they were about 400 yards away. It is muzzleloader season here so I knew I had to get closer or go home. I was able to get within 100 yards, they were bedding down near a small pond. I came over a small rise and there ended up being 4 standing there. Picked out the largest one and let her have it. Hit here right behind the right shoulder, in one side and out the other. She ran about 50 yards and laid down. Used a Knight Bighorn Magnum.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Finally saw my first buck of the season. He was a big one, but I was bow hunting and he was about 70 yards out with too many branches in the way.

Between me, my buddy, and his dad we saw about 50 deer Saturday morning up till 11am. About 5 or so were buck's.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

congrats bud,

like brad said ive been following your post and i think its safe to say you earned her

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Thanks guys, still have a couple of goals. One with a bow and a buck. But I'm in no hurry on those. I'd love to get a couple "bigger" does in the freezer this season. :D

Top Bottom