• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Firing up a rut report thread so we can share signs of activity throughout Indiana to help each other out.

Post up your pics of rubs, scrapes and reports of chasing, grunting, fighting or whatever you think will be useful.

It's just about RUTTIN TIME!! :rockwoot:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Found lots of saplings tore up last night and two pretty good sized scrapes on a ridge.

Had a co-worker show me a monster rub on what looked like a 6 inch cedar, said he watched a HUGE buck make it, but could get a shot off.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I can tell you that the bucks are rubbing and scraping very heavily right now. I just got back last night after hunting Monday and Tuesday and there is good deer sign everywhere that was not there a week ago. BTW: I took another INGO member with me. This is his first year bow hunting and I was able to set him up in one of these areas and he killed a 4 pointer Monday evening......not bad for your first year bowing hunting. :D

KEHO-11-1-2011DeerCamp002.jpg

Last edited:

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    In-law's farm in NW Franklin county. Saw a few scrapes along the tractor lane. At least one was good sized and only had a 3-4 leaves in it - not really dried out much. I couldn't find any rubs in the immediate area, but I didn't go down the nearby slope into the trees to look. Kind of leaving that area alone for now.

Here it is as I found it:

IMG_4606.JPG

And after I brushed the leaves out with a stick:

IMG_4608.JPG

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    The bucks are not chasing the does yet. I suspect in about 3-4 days it will begin. I'm told it usually happens about 4 days after the 3rd frost. Something to do with the doe lying on cold ground that causes her to go into heat.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I went out yesterday and saw quite a bit of activity. It seems the bucks are ready and waiting but the does could care less at this point. During this time of the year I find it hard to shoot little bucks. I am a meat hunter but shooting away my only buck tag is tough. I saw 2 four pointers, 1 six and a small eight yesterday and dint even draw on them. Its just to early to shoot a buck when does taste just as good if not better.

Good Luck to everyone this season, I hope to see some pictures of everyones trophies.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Rattled in a 150" 3 year old 2 days ago and gave him the pass. Saw 2 4 year olds cruising yesterday morning but weren't too aggressive yet.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Found two scrapes in my woods about a week ago and heard what sounded like two bucks sparing early monday morning as I was heading for the truck. No rubs yet.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I hunted Tuesday evening. Got set up at 4pm. At 4:30 I saw a buck crossing a bean field appx. 150 yds away. Then at 5:00pm a nice looking piece of meat came by and hung around at 17.5 yds. for about 1/2 hour. Too bad that nice looking piece of meat was carrying a 4 point rack.
    So they are moving. No chasing yet.

sbrville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Rush Co
    ECIN, had a break from shelling corn since it rained. havnt had time to scout yet but saw more deer moving this evening than i have all fall just driving from farm to farm. 3 bucks chasing one doe. later saw a buck with his nose to the ground run for about a mile out in the open. i'd say its on.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    I seen a couple young bucks cruising yesterday morning but the switch could flip any day. i would guess the next high pressure system will get some things rolling.

Top Bottom