• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i went this morning and didn't even see a squiril until after 10pm. the whole woods seemed dead. i was pretty suprised i thought it would be a pretty good hunt.

i guess we will see what happens tonight

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm off Monday/Weds/Thurs mornings and Friday, here's hoping I can get my first archery deer.

Just found out I may have to work Saturday for the gun opener, but I'm on a military hunt on Sunday.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    i went this morning and didn't even see a squiril until after 10pm. the whole woods seemed dead. i was pretty suprised i thought it would be a pretty good hunt.

think that was the consensus among many of my co-workers who took today off to hunt. I planned mine for next week.

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    Quit too early yesterday at home..spooked a doe in morning. Also yesterday saw a buck around 7 p.m. when we drove around the block. This afternoon quit too soon at 4:30, spooked 2 more does(at the other property I hunt). So came home, missed a doe at 5:45 p.m.(it was a yearling so I wasn't too disappointed). I guess I need a rangefinder or make the deer go where I practiced this summer lol and know the yardage. I believe they are moving but not seeing any chasing yet.

jsr77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Clinton Co.
    Rattling has worked the last week...been better in the mornings. Had several 1 1/2 - 2 yr olds following does, but no heavy chasing. Did turn one w/ an estrus bleat can. Been using the "Time2Hunt" app for smart phones and it's based on moon phases. Been accurate so far!

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I saw three nice bucks and a young one this am (non together). I also saw a large group of 10 does/ yearlings this am. I have never seen that many together. There was a nice 8 that came in and split a couple off and was chasing them. I had what had to be a huge buck under my stand before light and all I could see was the white reflection of his rack, but not until he was 5 yrds from me. I saw another buck chasing a doe down the creek pretty far off. All together I think I saw 16 or 17 deer this am (that has to me a stand record for me). I also saw 5 coyotes running the creek and 2 bald eagles. This was in Warren County. Unfortunately I never had anything close enough for bow range. I was seeing deer on the move until about 11:30. Man i love this time of year!!! wish i could get out more (only been out 3 times so far).

Good luck ya'all

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Yesterday seemed to have a lot of action going on in Delaware county. I shot two does out of the same group of 4 yesterday. Thats the first time I have pulled a double on deer out of the same heard. I did see a little rut activity, young bucks chasing unwilling does but other than that I havent seen to much chasing. I think next weekend should be great as long as the weather isnt bad. Best of luck to everyone this next week and weekend.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I'm off Monday/Weds/Thurs mornings and Friday, here's hoping I can get my first archery deer.

Just found out I may have to work Saturday for the gun opener, but I'm on a military hunt on Sunday.

Absolute best days to bow hunt - love the week right before gun season opens up, I am jealous because I have a conference downtown those days and cant' take off Monday or Tuesday. I hope you get one, I still remember my 1st bow harvest. Good Luck!

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    Does again this a.m. got closer to my son but not close enough, he was excited! Combines are burning through the cornfields today, yay!! I won't be off til Wed, so looking at Thursday and Friday next week as my last hurrah before guns are set loose. Even though I have not connected with a deer yet, has been a blast!

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I rattled this little guy in this morning. I was in a natural ground blind I had made and he came from the south. He was panting pretty hard I could even hear him. He came to 10 yds and stood around for a good 10-15 min and looked at me through some brush multiple times. He then turned and trotted off to my North West. He didn't have a clue I was there. You don't always have to shoot to have a successful hunt.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    I shot a small buck at Newport chemical depot but they said it was the only deer taken today. He was running in to a grunt call. Also shot him him 3 feet from some doe in heat.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Hickman,

They are starting to chase here in Delaware county. I hunt nearly everyday and I can say the mood has changed a lot in the last 3 or 4 days. If you live anywhere near the center of the state, I would try and get out this Wed. or Thurs. It is going to come in fast now. I plan on getting out the rest of this week in the morning and evening. I will let everyone know what I see. I dont plan on taking any shots unless its a monster but I havent had a day without deer in almost a week. I will keep everyone up to date in this area and I will also try to keep up with the southern region also. I have a large group of friends that will cover almost all of the state here in the next day or two, so I will give reports. Best of luck everyone.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I didnt witness this myself but I got a call about an hour ago from a friend of mine that is hunting up near the michigan boarder. He said that the deer seem to be in full rut mode right now up there. I also got a call that the deer down in ohio county are also starting to chase and are seeming a lot more active. Figured I would let everyone know what I am hearing. Good luck everyone.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    well the 3 of us went out and we all had deer around us chasing and grunting! We ended up gettin 3 bucks 2 8pts, and a big 10 pt about 150 class buck! Was running late at 6am and shot my buck at 806 am. Pics will be up later!!!!

Top Bottom