• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    You have to try Blue's hog Tennessee Red for your pulled pork. You'll never want to use sweet baby ray again.

I'd add Stinkeye to that list also; Stink-Eye BBQ Sauce the problem is that even though it's locally grown I've only been able to find it thru a bbq distributor outside of Tulsa.

A word of warning, do not try to order it via their website. Long story short is you won't get it.

Try this link if you're interested in trying it: http://usbbqsupply.com/home/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=170

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    The only issue I ever have with my pulled pork is that it loses the nice pink color very quickly after I pull it. I did some reading today and someone claimed that it wouldn't lose the color if it's allowed to cool (wrapped in foil) before being pulled. Can anyone verify that? I usually leave mine wrapped for hours in foil, under a towel and in a cooler before I pull it but it's always very hot to the touch when I pull it.

I'm going to plan ahead and try letting it cool next time to see, just curious if anyone has tried both ways and noticed a difference?
    I have noticed Hampshire pork has a darker color than most other pork.It just may be the breed.I think most other (whiter meat)breeds are the common pork for market.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I have noticed Hampshire pork has a darker color than most other pork.It just may be the breed.I think most other (whiter meat)breeds are the common pork for market.
    I will always take darker fattier pork over the lean whiter cuts most popular today. Lean pale pork is for people who don't like how meat actually tastes.

I know a guy who knows a guy who raises heirloom Berkshires it is some of the most flavorful pork I have ever tasted. I try to cut one up in my garage every winter if I can.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I am trying to talk the wife into letting me get a couple Mangalitsa piglets to raise.... Good pork! The breeders have been breeding for less fat........You are right......No flavor.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Where's the pork butt pictures???

Ever tried a true Indiana pork butt. Rub it with Shoup's seasoning, shred it then save it in Shoup's BBQ sauce, a true Indiana tradition.

I hadn't eaten all day and I tore it up and didn't think to take pics. Didn't really look a whole lot different than the pic I posted this morning, just a bit darker on the outside. It was nice and pink when I was pulling it but it greyed out on me quickly.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I hadn't eaten all day and I tore it up and didn't think to take pics. Didn't really look a whole lot different than the pic I posted this morning, just a bit darker on the outside. It was nice and pink when I was pulling it but it greyed out on me quickly.

I am stupid, I went back a page and seen them, looks great!

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Trying a picture again.

9O0p7f.jpg

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Just refiguring pictures myself. From one of the nice days we had recently, probably the last meal that old grill is gong to cook. Will be picking up a new one soon.

Top Bottom