• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Yep, looking forward to it, got one front trunnion rivet and a barrel to press in to complete one Romy G, and one demilled kit ready to go for Saturday. I'll be glad to get these done! Might get the Minion to tag along hopefully.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well guys I hope this doesn't ruin anything but as I told Wabbit yesterday there is a strong chance that I won't be there on Saturday. I'm blaming all this recent rain for multiple things getting rescheduled to this Saturday as well as a roof leak that needs to be addressed. I don't know how that will leave you guys for tools and a press, but if that is an issue I would be happy to at least let someone grab my press and take it to the event. I'm trying to figure out alternatives so I can make it but it's looking pretty bleak at this point.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Clay, that's a bummer. Just heads up. I have a press and a drill press so hopefully it won't effect too, too much

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I just got "Clearance" from the "Dragon Lady" to drop by after shift at 12:30, I have nothing needs fixing this go round, but have heard that AK Guru "INDYKID" will be dropping by, and its always a pleasure to visit with him and some of you guys too kinda like all your favorite authors in one library meeting room at once for you to chat with, sorry CLAY might not make it, as he's definitely helped me out before.

See yall tomorrow in my newest Wal-Mart Hawaiian shirt for 2017, that I keep in the car to change into after taking off my uniform shirt.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Is anyone needing anything special? Tools wise? ( i have the 80% blank drilling jig if anyone needs it) Special builds? Missing parts? i have a collection of parts i have accumulated over the years even two extra Yugo under-folder receivers and number of barrels i no longer have use for ive been thinning my ak stuff for years, some of it ill bring along .... i said once before but i do have the bending jigs if anyone is building a HK/CETME from a flat (even HMG CETME L jig as well) i didn't plan on bringing it but if someone needs it please let me know ill throw it in the truck.

Im bring my collection of jigs and tools (headspace gauges i have .223,7.62x39,5.45x39 and 54r) i have most everything minus the ak flat bending jigs... The press is coming but im leaving the drill press i may bring some cordless tools Remember to bring extra punchs and drill bits they break and dull in short order...

Very Much looking forward to this party i wasn't able to make the last build ...

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    I wish I would have seen this before today because I would love to attend something like this. I am booked for Saturday and don't have the necessary parts for what I want to accomplish.

Any thoughts on if there will be another AK build party in the future?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So happy I stopped by. What a great group of nice people and AK lovers! Some nice items being put together. Look forward to some well deserved bragging when they are finished!

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'm glad it was a success! Sorry I missed this one but work likes to make me miss things. Alan, I'm still stopping by with my Vepr. I'll just make an Appt.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Thanks to everyone who came out. A huge thanks to Allen for hosting the party and going WAY above and beyond. And thanks to duffman for bringing his tools and splitting the mentoring duties with me. I'm really happy to see so many others enjoy the challenge and achievment of building their own rifle.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I'm glad it was a success! Sorry I missed this one but work likes to make me miss things. Alan, I'm still stopping by with my Vepr. I'll just make an Appt.

No sweat, I'll be here.

I had a great time today as well. It was good chatting with everyone

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Had a great time guys! Thanks Allen for having us and for all the assistance! You have quite a amazing setup! I hope to bring your some work in the near future... Wabbit as always thanks for making this one a success you always go above and beyond. I enjoyed talking to everyone and all the eye candy! I hope to see some completed guns in the near future!

Kpquinn9100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Camby
    I had an awesome time today. Admittedly I'm an AR guy at heart but dabble in AK's here and there. I wanted to build my own ak just to say "i built this gun" and also wanted to explore the knowledge it takes to build one. I knew actual gunsmithing was involved and it wasn't a lego kit like an AR. I am now confident in building my own kits from receiver flats after today. I was completely green when I arrived today and now I possess the knowledge to put one of these together. I was expecting it to be a lot more involved than it was and I was taking photos along the way of my reciever for future reference. I got far enough today with the guidance needed to finish it up myself which I was stoked about. Also I was told for my first build everything came out looking great! Had a few setbacks but nothing causing too much headache. I really enjoyed how it was a hands on setup and the students actually put everything together instead of the instructors doing it and the students watching. Now I feel comfortable buying the necessary tooling to build an ak. Before I was skeptical because I had no idea how to use the tools. Special thanks to Allen for hosting the event and helping me on the Bridgeport. Jeff for organizing the event and guiding me along step by step. And duffman for all of the instruction and guidance. Thanks to everyone for letting me use their tools. It was nice meeting everyone and seeing everyone build their own kits. I can see myself collecting kits now for future builds!

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I had a great time at the build party today. I learned how easy it is to screw up a rivet. Twice. I got a great start on my rifle and got to see some cool projects. Met quite a few INGO members and put faces to names. I also realized after getting to hold a couple rifles that I need to get in the sbr game. Thanks to The Wabbit and Duffman for the tools and the guidance shared today. Hats off to Allen for hosting. What a cool shop and he has the most kickass drill press.

A couple years ago I never would have thought I would have the opportunity to learn something like this. It is really great how we have members so willing to donate their time and wisdom in this hobby we share. Thanks again everyone!

Top Bottom