• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    ill take the Tacoma and put my money on it over the Colorado off road version.

This tacoma is a specialty off road truck even better than a regular tacoma for off road. People keep talking about big trucks and pulling and comfort. That's not what this tacoma was designed for. It's like comparing a flat iron steak to a filet. Both still steaks, far different taste and texture

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    Ha I was just at the dealership looking at getting the Colorado. By the time i equipped it with all the features I wanted, the salesman showed me the Colorado ZR2 was a better deal at 40k than adding all the features individually. He then proceeded to to show me a 4 year old 3/4ton Duramax 6.6L for 42k. It's so hard to justify buying new let alone considering dropping 40k+ on a vehicle. One can dream tho.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'll take a 150. My dad had a 93 that he drove back and forth to work at the phone co from 1993 till around 2009 approx 42 miles per day 6 days a week, and hauled alot of scrap metal and junk. I think there was almost 320K miles with no engine issues, and some minor repairs here and there. He would of kept driving it if it hadn't rusted like all fords.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    or too tight to blow 40k plus on a perishable vehicle. I guess if I won the lottery.

Yeah, thats part of my problem. But I do LOOOOOOVE the gas mileage, and not dropping $60 every time I pull up to a gas pump. Oh, and tires, brakes, etc. are a fraction of the cost too.

And in before somebody uses the "you'll be dead the first accident you are in" excuse of not being up in a truck frame. :rolleyes:

In the last "what would you do if you had that lottery ticket" conversation, I said I probably would have a nice truck like these, leaving my coworkers to wonder why I was suddenly driving a new truck. (I'd go batty not working)

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah, thats part of my problem. But I do LOOOOOOVE the gas mileage, and not dropping $60 every time I pull up to a gas pump. Oh, and tires, brakes, etc. are a fraction of the cost too.

And in before somebody uses the "you'll be dead the first accident you are in" excuse of not being up in a truck frame. :rolleyes:

In the last "what would you do if you had that lottery ticket" I probably would have a nice truck like these, leaving my coworkers to wonder why I was suddenly driving a new truck. (I'd go batty not working)
    yeah for real.
    Most people (not all people) I KNOW or HAVE known who buy the huge diesel trucks don't pull crap or even put **** in the bed. They are just conversation pieces, midlife crisis pieces like a motorcycle for some, family vehicles hahahahahaha, or they just like having one thing that's big to drive, overcompensation, or they like sitting higher, or just had a damn good salesman and now have a payment they can't afford. I almost bought a big truck (used, because no way in hell am I paying that much for a new vehicle) just to have a big truck, and then reality slapped me in the ****ing face and said hey stupid why the **** are you buying a big truck that you will never use for anything but driving?
    notice I put people that I have or do know. So no reason for anyone in thread to be butthurt

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The price of a compact truck is almost the same price of a full size truck. And the gas mileage is roughly the same.

So I can't see why I would choose a compact over a full size.
    The Tundras are ok, but I do like the new ones.

For me, it's either a F150 or a Silveraydo.

The only reason I can think of is easier to park in a city and easier to get in a garage. I liked my Super Duty. I did not like trying to park it downtown or having to pay real close attention to the max height signs at parking garages. It was not a good "only car" for urban dwelling.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    yeah for real.
    Most people I know or have known who buy the huge diesel trucks don't pull crap or even put **** in the bed. They are just conversation pieces, midlife crisis pieces like a motorcycle for some, family vehicles hahahahahaha, or they just like having one thing that's big to drive, overcompensation, or they like sitting higher, or just had a damn good salesman and now have a payment they can't afford. I almost bought a big truck (used, because no way in hell am I paying that much for a new vehicle) just to have a big truck, and then reality slapped me in the ****ing face and said hey stupid why the **** are you buying a big truck that you will never use for anything but driving?

Thats most diesel owners these days. Got me a big giant durzil!

I have a 14 silverado dirtymax, because a trd dinky truck can't tow 18k+ on a regular basis, plus i like 22mpg on the off times vs a gas 3/4 ton which gets 10 regardless. Otherwise Id have another rubicon. And yes i have to poke at tiny trucks :)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The only reason I can think of is easier to park in a city and easier to get in a garage. I liked my Super Duty. I did not like trying to park it downtown or having to pay real close attention to the max height signs at parking garages. It was not a good "only car" for urban dwelling.
    Hell my buddy has a practical 1500 and we've had trouble in a couple garages. I like the height of it. And it's great on gas

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thats most diesel owners these days. Got me a big giant durzil!

I have a 14 silverado dirtymax, because a trd dinky truck can't tow 18k+ on a regular basis, plus i like 22mpg on the off times vs a gas 3/4 ton which gets 10 regardless. Otherwise Id have another rubicon. And yes i have to poke at tiny trucks :)
    if I bought a big diesel it would be to pull a new camper. i had a basicly new camper trailer and sold it because we never used it. So I probably won't buy a diesel anytime soon. Unfortunately My wife likes hotels.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    if I bought a big diesel it would be to pull a new camper. i had a basicly new camper trailer and sold it because we never used it. So I probably won't buy a diesel anytime soon. Unfortunately My wife likes hotels.

Test drove a titan xd cummins last week, if the loads were 14k and under, that would be a great choice. It was super nice for a 1/2 ton type truck, soooooo much better than the dodge eco diesel its not even funny.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Test drove a titan xd cummins last week, if the loads were 14k and under, that would be a great choice. It was super nice for a 1/2 ton type truck, soooooo much better than the dodge eco diesel its not even funny.
    id love one for sure (just to look cool lol, because I have no other use for one) but I'm too cheap.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio

The Dodge V8 gaser has more towing capability than the eco diesels. The Dodge eco diesels are just city man trucks haha.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I agree with what love machine said up thread. You are paying the same price and getting the same mileage etc. for a truck that will do less than a 1/4 F150 or Silverado etc. On the farm I used to work at we had the three big ones Ford, Dodge, and Chevy. The Fords seemed to hold up the best, but I don't really discriminate on any of them to be honest. If I wanted a truck to work with or use to haul things and junk (I don't have one right now); I'd buy a beat up old truck I wouldn't be afraid to use honestly, and just throw liability coverage, and pay plates on it each year. It'll mainly just sit.
    However OP, if money was no object and I was going to off road the crap out of a truck I see where it's a great play toy.

If I wanted something to just be a daily driver and have the ability to haul things with ease from time to time like hunting gear, gun junk, I would love one of the Volkswagen trucks. It's like a car with a bed, just like most of the other midsize and small truck are to me. But it's got a little Volkswagen diesel and gets a solid 35-40 mpg.
    I don't know if you can get them here, but in Argentina I drove an Aramok and that this is does everything those who have a truck as a daily driver does and more. To "use" it though for a trucks intended use though it's somewhat worthless. I just want something to haul all of my junk around in though, not work with at this stage in life.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    yeah for real.
    Most people (not all people) I KNOW or HAVE known who buy the huge diesel trucks don't pull crap or even put **** in the bed. They are just conversation pieces, midlife crisis pieces like a motorcycle for some, family vehicles hahahahahaha, or they just like having one thing that's big to drive, overcompensation, or they like sitting higher, or just had a damn good salesman and now have a payment they can't afford. I almost bought a big truck (used, because no way in hell am I paying that much for a new vehicle) just to have a big truck, and then reality slapped me in the ****ing face and said hey stupid why the **** are you buying a big truck that you will never use for anything but driving?
    notice I put people that I have or do know. So no reason for anyone in thread to be butthurt

This. I honestly dont care if you drive a Cummins diesel and never put anything more than golf clubs in the back. Its your money. Do what you want with it. I dont judge. (much. LOL)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'm danger close to being in the financial position to buy one of these: New 2017 Ram Power Wagon - Available Fall 2016

Solid front axle. 400+HP & torque. 4.10's. Front sway bar disconnect. Manual transfer case. Factory 12,000lb winch. Now that is a truck.

Cash up front?

Otherwise the psition is doggy style and the bank is the dog. You know what that makes you. Right?

But you're right. That's a solid truck.

With a really ugly grill.

And a PITA short bed.

And a funny looking paint job.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom