• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A dealer near me had a 2015 Tacoma Sport model on the lot with 114k on it but the thing looked spotless. Sticker price was just under $19k. I don't know if they got it, but the truck was there less than a week.

200-250k wouldn't be unreasonable.

It also depends what you're doing with the truck. Some might not be looking for a daily driver, but rather a truck that will get them 50 miles a week over the next 15 years.

Troof. Last year, I was considering selling my '97 Dodge Ram. We had the transmission rebuilt in 2012. As I was going through the paperwork in the glove box, I took notice of the mileage on the truck at the time of that rebuild and was shocked to see that I'd only put 1500 miles on it since then. I still have the truck. Really only use it to tow the boat (and actually we used DoggyMama's truck for that last year) or to haul stuff - mulch, firewood, etc.. Looks like hell, but it gets the job done. :)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    0% Is never really 0%. They'll charge you more up front to get the rate. 6 mos same as cash costs about 75% of the people who are suckered into that deal, more money, because they fail to read the terms closely and miss a deadline or a condition... And almost all of them have a minimum fee of at least $.50. As well as an outrageous back dated interest rate if you screw it up.

Your life is obviously yours to mess up as you choose. I M O.

People here trying to give you the benefit of their life experience to save you financial pain. Ignore it at your own peril. We're not saying this stuff to try and hurt you.

You are right, and I humbly accept your advice. I have totally wrecked my life by being charged $0.50 for using a dreaded 6 month interest-free payment plan, and now I fear that my family and I will be out in the streets. I should have know that I could never remember to actually pay within the interest-free time period, and now I am doomed.

Those liars with their "0%" interest will never get me again. How dare they offer me a brand new, reliable vehicle for a monthly payment that is well within my budget! I will now be saving my money to pay cash for a 1973 Dodge Custom Van, which doubles as a place to live, so no more mortgage! I don't know how I've lived almost 50 years without learning how to manage my money this brilliantly.

I do have one question, though. Some people have said that the $5.00 plastic bucket from Lowe's makes a handy toilet and can double as a place to wash clothes, since I'll be living in my debt-free lifestyle custom van. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be smarter to get a metal bucket, so I could not only use it as a toilet, but also wash clothes and heat drinking/cooking water.

Thank you for your advice, I deeply appreciate it. You have truly saved my life. :)

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    70K on my 2001 Explorer Sport, 234K on the odometer now.
    $5000 cash purchase. $500ish in parts maintenance, $700 tires.
    With regular maintenance, it's not showing me any indication of what the life will be. :dunno:

Vehicles with over 200K do warrant a backup vehicle.

I found a 2013 Silverado that I like. But it has 99,000 miles, for $22k.

"Sigh".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Which is completely BS as they were 14k off sticker when they were new. I should have bought one, drove it for a couple years and sold it for what I paid.

Ohhhh...I remember the good old key-for-key days. Back in the mid-late-90's a GM employee could buy a new truck, drive it a few months, and with their discounts, could trade it in for no-cost out of pocket, and occasionally a few bucks back.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Keep looking late 2015 I picked up a 2013 crew cab silverado 4x4 with 20,000 miles for $25K. Granted it is 1 step of from base package and it has the smaller V8, both of which is perfectly fine for me. Also it's only 1/2 ton but again it works for me.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville

Those liars with their "0%" interest will never get me again. How dare they offer me a brand new, reliable vehicle for a monthly payment that is well within my budget! I will now be saving my money to pay cash for a 1973 Dodge Custom Van, which doubles as a place to live, so no more mortgage! I don't know how I've lived almost 50 years without learning how to manage my money this brilliantly.

I do have one question, though. Some people have said that the $5.00 plastic bucket from Lowe's makes a handy toilet and can double as a place to wash clothes, since I'll be living in my debt-free lifestyle custom van. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be smarter to get a metal bucket, so I could not only use it as a toilet, but also wash clothes and heat drinking/cooking water.

If you park your van down by the river, you'll have access to a free and constant supply of water....and maybe you should buy 2 buckets. The idea of drinking water out of the same bucket you wash your clothes in is nasty.:n00b:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you park your van down by the river, you'll have access to a free and constant supply of water....and maybe you should buy 2 buckets. The idea of drinking water out of the same bucket you wash your clothes in is nasty.:n00b:

Only if I can get 6 months same as cash on the 2nd bucket. :laugh:

Top Bottom