• ...and so much more!
  • BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    We took a nice female on Monday.

I have some buddies up around Angola that have been running yotes with dogs. Earlier this week they killed their 54th for the season. I would love to get up there and go with them.

Jagermeister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Shelby
    For probably 20 years I averaged 18 coyote and fox per Winter. This year and last year is just about a bust. Two many cowboys running around with AR's stuck out the windows. I don't shoot fox anymore and they are completely nocturnal and the coyotes are getting that way.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We haven't been shooting the fox since we no longer have poultry. They eat so many mice and such that I really don't mind having them around. The coyotes are just killing too many deer/fawns and are getting out of control. It is amazing the numbers I hear that others are taking in our area.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    2 So far, both with a Glock 19 just at the edge of my neighborhood.(really should get a can)These are your average everyday neighborhood yotes that. like the Honey Badger, don’t give a ****!
    The only neighborhood notes need to give a s*** about are cars. I was sitting in my car 3 weeks ago when 2 came trotting along right behind my car. I gave my sig a fleeting thought but being surrounded by houses, it would have been like an inside-out-circular-firing-squad

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The only neighborhood notes need to give a s*** about are cars. I was sitting in my car 3 weeks ago when 2 came trotting along right behind my car. I gave my sig a fleeting thought but being surrounded by houses, it would have been like an inside-out-circular-firing-squad
    Yes, I took the two I got just outside the subdivision on the main road. They ran in front of me on my way out, and were leisurely walking in the corn field next to the addition. When I say not afraid of anything, I mean I shot the first one, and the second ran about twenty yards perpendicular to me and stopped to look at me like WTF, OVER? That was his last thought. BTW, Hornady Critical Duty 135 +P is now vetted at 20 yards for one shot small predator stops.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    You are obviously doing many things very right. I'd like to come look over your shoulder while you're putting sets out some time and see I could pick up some tips to improve our success.
    maybe we could make it happen sometime. im bout done for this year. dont you hunt some ground in parke co?

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    My Son is using 'dirt hole sets' with some smelly baits. He just got started and is not having much luck even though we know there should be activity where his traps are. He has been doing a lot of reading on a trapping forum.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My Son is using 'dirt hole sets' with some smelly baits. He just got started and is not having much luck even though we know there should be activity where his traps are. He has been doing a lot of reading on a trapping forum.

That's been our approach as well. I say "our" but my hunting partner does all the setting, I hand him what he needs. I've been wanting to put snares out for the past several years but he is resistant to the idea for some reason. We're both huge dog lovers but I haven't seen a dog on our place in the past five years.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    View attachment 63777 this is one of 2 today. he was full of deer and puked up hair and hide in the fight circle, scooprd it up and used it to catch another. View attachment 63781 also found a nice shed the hard way. lol

I almost found a shed that way a couple of years ago. Stopped just before I ran it over! I can't look for them right now...snow is at least a foot deep. I am seeing several boys who have lost them though.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Got a big black/brown female this morning; just happened to see her hunting the fenceline out my back door shortly after first light. Still have the screens out of the windows from deer season so I cracked a window and let loose a 230 yd shot. Right through the vitals but she still put up a great effort to escape; tried to climb the fence so I put another right through her back.

I've been trying snaring/trapping with no luck; we're swamped with coyote but I just can't seem to figure snaring/trapping out. Wish I had a guy like possumpacker to show me the ropes. It seems most just aren't willing to share their secrets and it's a shame.

ETA (for Rookie), Total - 23 (I think)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom