• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Corn and beans are coming down, so it's getting close to time to add to the thread. I added a PVS-14 to my gear, so, hopefully, I'll see all of them.

Still at 58...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had one that was on the cameras fairly regularly about a month ago. I haven't been seeing them lately, but I sure could hear them the other night. I went out to call the cat in around midnight and the fire whistle went off....that set them off. It sounded like there were a bunch of them in the woods not far from the house.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Can you tell me EXACTLY what constitutes the land owner exemption...last time I checked it was VERY gray!

I have 5 acres but some say yes and some say no...some say "your property" some say must have crops?

This is taken directly from the DNR site. It does say you have to be farming the property in some way. Timber counts if you have wooded property. If you have five acres that is primarily used as your yard, I would say you don't qualify. I'm not sure what percentage would need to be wooded to count as growing timber so if it is a small portion of the acreage, I would be inclined to just buy the permit. I'm sure it would be cheaper than the fines/court costs if a CO decided it didn't qualify.

Do I need a license to hunt on my property?

[FONT=&quot]If you meet the following exemptions, then you do not need a license to hunt your own property. Exemptions: Landowners or lessees of farmland who farm that land and are residents of Indiana are not required to obtain a permit while hunting, fishing, or trapping on the land they own or lease. A license is also NOT required for the landowner’s or lessee’s spouse or children living with them. This license exemption does not apply to land owned by a business, corporation or partnership unless the shareholders, partners, members or owners are comprised solely of the members of an immediate family who farm that land.[/FONT]

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Here we go! We are gearing up here but haven't started actively hunting yet. Photon scope arrived...waiting on the items needed for mounting. New ground blind is almost ready.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Of course, I decided to ship my thermal out for an upgrade a week before the season starts. :facepalm: I'll be starting off with my night vision scope for the first few weeks. In a way, this is actually good since I'll be able to test it out more than just around the house.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Of course, I decided to ship my thermal out for an upgrade a week before the season starts. :facepalm: I'll be starting off with my night vision scope for the first few weeks. In a way, this is actually good since I'll be able to test it out more than just around the house.

We had a lot of fresh tracks this morning when we walked the orchard. Big ones...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I shot one the other night. It was about 100 yards away, flipped on it's back, legs locked straight in the air and not moving a muscle. I started scanning the area for another, check back about 10 seconds later, and I'll be damned if that coyote wasn't running away!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I shot one the other night. It was about 100 yards away, flipped on it's back, legs locked straight in the air and not moving a muscle. I started scanning the area for another, check back about 10 seconds later, and I'll be damned if that coyote wasn't running away!

We had a couple last year that were shot and not recovered, but we know they were hit good. They are tough critters!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Go Rookie! I have two on the cameras almost nightly now. One missing a back foot and that leg is atrophied and another with a messed up front leg. I'm assuming they were in traps at some point. Hubby is ready to get started. One of his friends got one last night while out deer hunting.

Top Bottom