• Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    +1

98a93m.jpg

I thought it was a female since it was so small, but it was a male.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Coyotes are a nuisance animal and can be shot anytime. Private property can be hunted year round by the property owner or with written permission from the property owner.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Coyotes are a nuisance animal and can be shot anytime. Private property can be hunted year round by the property owner or with written permission from the property owner.

Good to know. I think there should be open season on them. I just thought you had to have an excuse to shoot them out of season...like, they were after my dog, or chickens, or cat or something.... Or the darn thing was charging and nashing it's teeth. I thought it was going to eat me!!! Thanks for the info mom.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good to know. I think there should be open season on them. I just thought you had to have an excuse to shoot them out of season...like, they were after my dog, or chickens, or cat or something.... Or the darn thing was charging and nashing it's teeth. I thought it was going to eat me!!! Thanks for the info mom.

This is taken directly from the DNR web site:

[FONT=&amp]Landowners, or a person with written permission from a landowner, may take coyotes year-round on private property by trapping or shooting without a permit from the DNR. A landowner does not need a permit to take coyotes on his/her property by one of these methods, but a hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap coyotes on land other than your own.

[/FONT]
    https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/5688.htm[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

[FONT=&amp]Landowners, or a person with written permission from a landowner, may take coyotes year-round on private property by trapping or shooting without a permit from the DNR. A landowner does not need a permit to take coyotes on his/her property by one of these methods, but a hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap coyotes on land other than your own.

[/FONT]
    https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/5688.htm

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Thank you so much!!! I will start setting traps again this fall!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    [video=youtube;B3RJUMm-hd0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3RJUMm-hd0[/video]

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

[/FONT]
    https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/5688.htm[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

I'm sorry to be dumb.....

But..

It says no permit if you have permission from land owner but then it says you need lic.

Which is it?

Let's say my pal has 50 acres of land. And he has invited me to come out and shoot some yotes.

What do I need to be legal?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Should i also build a sniper tower, with a bathtub full of coyote pee so I can mask my smell, a zip line to be able to quickly slide down for "the blood is still warm kill pics, a skinning table, and last but not least a potty bucket so I don't have to climb down to go tinkle? :)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Don't forget the coffeemaker in the sniper tower so you can have something to drink to keep you awake.

Top Bottom