• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    my count was from season opener, my bad. caught 7 in oct. then quit through nov for deer season. started again in dec. up 54 now. 24 within a mile of the house.

All 15 of the ones taken here have been within 400 yards of the house. Have another that has been in the back yard the past two nights. Hubby is back out there in his spot now....got a fresh roadkill the other day and they ate half of it last night after he came in.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    All 15 of the ones taken here have been within 400 yards of the house. Have another that has been in the back yard the past two nights. Hubby is back out there in his spot now....got a fresh roadkill the other day and they ate half of it last night after he came in.
    sounds like your letting him have all the fun lol. one more for me today. thats number 20 off the farm where they killed a calf 10 days ago.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think that puts the total for this thread at 52.

Sorry to hear about the calf. It sure makes me crazy when the PETA lovers start their crap about how the coyotes shouldn't be killed.....got me banned from at least one FB page this week.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Sorry to hear about the calf. It sure makes me crazy when the PETA lovers start their crap about how the coyotes shouldn't be killed.....got me banned from at least one FB page this week.
    On the same snare-line walk where I found the really big male last week I also found the leg of a newborn calf on my side of the fence. I can only wonder how many are killed by yotes, I bet it's a lot.

PETA would just justify the calf death as "humans were going to slaugher that calf anyways, may as well be mother nature that kills it"...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Calves, fawns, poultry, sheep, goats....lots of livestock is taken by them, I'm sure.

Hubby is off to pick up another roadkill...daughter just called about one nearby so he called for the permit and is on his way.

The last one was half gone the first night. This is probably one of the deer that comes to feed in my yard based on where it was hit. I saw two others on the roads today that had been hit. I hadn't been seeing as many but suddenly, they are playing in the traffic again.

He will be back out tonight to see if he can shoot another one or two.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm officially out of the game for the next 2-4 weeks while my thermal is away for warranty repair.
    Now is my chance.... (insert evil laugh)

Driving out I70 this morning, I saw 3 coyotes between Mt Comfort, and greenfield. I'm going out, here in a little bit.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    3/23/2018.......I took advantage of a near perfect morning (3 to 5mph wind).....calm before the storm conditions.

9zthEUD.jpg

Count is now 56

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Since my thermal is in for warranty repair, I've been suffering withdrawal. Instead of whining, I did something about it! I'll post pics and a report when I get it...

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Since my thermal is in for warranty repair, I've been suffering withdrawal. Instead of whining, I did something about it! I'll post pics and a report when I get it...
    Oh dear lord! What did you do man? I have an idea.

tallpaulr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    I went 0 for 6 hunting off the road coming home from work. not to go back to my 22PDK in my AR and get some fur on the ground

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Working in Minnesota, renting a house from a farmer. He mentioned one of his farmer buddies has a coyote problem on his farm. On his suggestion, I brought the .243 back with me. Hoping to go out next weekend.

Top Bottom