Double decker smash burger.

FB4Ij0.jpg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Finally had a day off where I didn't need to be anywhere so I picked up a pork butt and a couple tenderloins. Everything got a dry rub and put in the fridge the night before. About 6 hours for the pork butt and 2.5 hours for the tenderloins. Finished it with homemade coleslaw.

b7ch07.jpg

1qmxcp.jpg

vcyu5s.jpg

mheqok.jpg

Attachments

• mheqok.jpg
      mheqok.jpg
      255.5 KB · Views: 2

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Value Mart in Mooresville has WHOLE beef tenderloins for $6.99 / lb - we are SOOO spoiled now.
    I hope it’s good, I went down and bought a whole tloin, and a whole ribeye. I NEVER buy less than USDA Choice, and this stuff was Select, sooo....? $128 for 13 8oz(ish) filets, An day 12 1-1/4” Ribeyes isn’t too shabby as long as they’re good.

Oh, they also had whole pork loin for $1.59/lb. THAT is a killer price for thick cut boneless chops!

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Guess I can finally share in this thread. I've been wanting a ceramic for a while, and it finally happened. My 13 year old propane grill and I decided this was the year we split. Happened upon a deal, and brought this home today. Cannot wait.
    cedb1d2cb4adb427c8be349cfb6d4819.jpg
    0fdf6f3a56cf368cb3814b0a002bac5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I may or may not have "accidentally" carved off and eaten about 4 oz of meat as I trimmed the beef roast after smoking/browning it on the grill to prep it for the slow cooker for tomorrow's dinner.

It may or may not have been quite tasty. :whistle:

Allegedly.

Dont tell Mrs Monkey that the "bald" non-browned spots on the roast were not just me carving excess fat off the roast. :):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I may or may not have "accidentally" carved off and eaten about 4 oz of meat as I trimmed the beef roast after smoking/browning it on the grill to prep it for the slow cooker for tomorrow's dinner.

It may or may not have been quite tasty. :whistle:

Allegedly.

Dont tell Mrs Monkey that the "bald" non-browned spots on the roast were not just me carving excess fat off the roast. :):

Growing up, my dad(who was a master chef/restaurant owner) used to do that when he was grilling at home. He also would cut a piece of fat off and grill it up crispy and share it with me. It was so good.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Guess I can finally share in this thread. I've been wanting a ceramic for a while, and it finally happened. My 13 year old propane grill and I decided this was the year we split. Happened upon a deal, and brought this home today. Cannot wait.
    cedb1d2cb4adb427c8be349cfb6d4819.jpg
    0fdf6f3a56cf368cb3814b0a002bac5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Awesome purchase! You’re going to love it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I felt the same way when we picked up our PK 360 last week.....My wife said, "I don't remember you putting that much effort strapping our baby in the car seat when we brought her home..."

"Careful Honey....The grill can hear you.....It's okay...Just let me snug that down for you...."

Congrats...Enjoy...Once you go lump you never go back....If you have not tried this brand of lump charcoal I highly recommend it....

good-one_bag.jpg

img-7925.jpg

If you are ever in Southern Indiana you should check this place out....

Charcoal and More | Helping good people make great BBQ!
    422410677.jpg

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I felt the same way when we picked up our PK 360 last week.....My wife said, "I don't remember you putting that much effort strapping our baby in the car seat when we brought her home..."

"Careful Honey....The grill can hear you.....It's okay...Just let me snug that down for you...."

Congrats...Enjoy...Once you go lump you never go back....If you have not tried this brand of lump charcoal I highly recommend it....

good-one_bag.jpg

img-7925.jpg

422410677.jpg

Where is that located?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

good-one_bag.jpg

img-7925.jpg

422410677.jpg

We've been to their bbq boot camp a couple of times now, good times and good eats!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    NOBODY has been grillin' or smokin' recently!!?? Well we're going to visit my sister and she's promised me some spiesebraten for my birthday dinner. I'll try and get some pics!

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Yeah completely messed up today. Set my alarm to wake up early, which I did to turn on the smoker. Then started the fails. Didn't wake up to put the pork shoulder on. Next set the temp at 200, and not 250. Probably be 10pm before it's done. And yes it's an electric smoker with Bluetooth. Simplicity!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Haven't been cooking much the past few months but I've got a small pastrami on the smoker right now. Doing some reading and trying to figure out when to pull it and steam it.

IJGNUA8h.jpg

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Haven't been cooking much the past few months but I've got a small pastrami on the smoker right now. Doing some reading and trying to figure out when to pull it and steam it.

IJGNUA8h.jpg

Do you have a recipe you like for pastrami? Still haven’t tried one yet.

Also waiting for my ribs to come off and getting hungry!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This is only my second attempt at one. I soaked a corned beef overnight in fresh water and changed it a few times, rinsed it off, patted it dry and gave it a coating of ground black pepper, ground coriander and granulated garlic. Put it on the smoker at 250* and was planning to steam it for three hours once it got to 150* internal. It’s there but unfortunately my power is out so I can’t steam it. I shut the smoker down and left the pastrami in there. Should keep it warm until we get power back and I can steam it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's supposed to be beneficial to both flavor and texture. I'm new at this so I haven't a clue but apparently that's how it's done at the kosher delis. Power is back on so I've got it steaming now, once it gets up to the 290* range I'll pull it, wrap it and let it cool slowly before putting it in the fridge and slicing tomorrow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom