• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A few years ago (heck, might be 10 years ago now), they started giving the refs the foam. Makes a ton of sense. :)

Extra innings. :D

The last 15 minutes were interesting to me. England seemed more composed, but Croatia had qualitatively better opportunities.

Meanwhile, Les Bleus are VERY pleased with the result. Whatever the result. ;)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is going to sound strange, but I think there's something odd about the pitch itself. Some of the bounces seem to be taking the players - both sides - off guard. Like, going too high or slightly changing direction.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It just feels like England will convert one of these setpieces, as Croatia gets more tired.

But then, all it takes (apparently) is a flashing counter for Croatia to net one.

I think England is the better team, but I think France is better than both. (And maybe Belgium.)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    One last set piece for England.

The goal was just poor defending. Too tired. Not enough concentration. Waiting for a whistle that doesn't come.

Good hustle by the Croatian.

And England is out.

Wow.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    England vs France would have been interesting.

Riots should start any time soon in England.

When they won 3 days ago some British soccer fans celebrated by destroying an ambulance with a huge crowd cheering. :facepalm:

ambulance1-ed.jpg

686s3rkmkl811.jpg

Not sure what they will do now that they have lost.
    Burn their own hospital maybe. :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Everyone else is DVRing it :D

only docs and lawyers can watch a live game on a Wednesday

Is that really that popular over there?

During the semi-finals France vs Belgium the streets were empty over here.They even had public announcements in stores to let people know that the game was about to start.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

During the semi-finals France vs Belgium the streets were empty over here.They even had public announcements in stores to let people know that the game was about to start.

No, he was joking. It is gaining ground, certainly a whole lot more popular than it was when I was young, but still nothing close to a major sport over here.

BTW, how does France being in the final effect coverage of the Tour de France over there?

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Locally, the only TV channel that broadcasts the weekday games is Telemundo, the Spanish language channel. I can get the HD broadcast on my laptop from Fox Sports, but not on the TV.

Some of the local bars are busy for big groups that go watch the games.

I think the actual numbers of fans are big, but we are still spread out and the advertisers aren't willing to spend money to reach us. Yet. ;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No, he was joking. It is gaining ground, certainly a whole lot more popular than it was when I was young, but still nothing close to a major sport over here.

BTW, how does France being in the final effect coverage of the Tour de France over there?

They had to reschedule the begining of the Tour, it started one week later that previously planned.

On July 15, the day of the World Cup final, the Tour de France stage will be shorter than originally planned to end before 5pm (when the soccer game starts).

Clearly the World Cup is more popular than the Tour de France (which is already very popular) so they have to change things around to get views.

Top Bottom