• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That Russia-Croatia game was pretty awesome. Glad Croatia won (for many reasons).

Looking forward to both semis. I think France-Belgium will be the more exciting game, although England-Croatia kinda has a double-underdog feel to it.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Ok, I have never been a soccer fan, and I don't really understand the intensity of devotion that so many have to it. However, I have watched a number of games now and I will say that I really like the fact that the running clock keeps the number of commercials down to a minimum. I find a lot of sports to be virtually unwatchable due to the constant interruptions. Soccer, even the biggest event they have, doesn't have that problem. I am impressed by that!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That Russia-Croatia game was pretty awesome. Glad Croatia won (for many reasons).

Looking forward to both semis. I think France-Belgium will be the more exciting game, although England-Croatia kinda has a double-underdog feel to it.

I'd rather it have been England v Russia, especially given current events.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    France v. Belgium is everything I expected it to be. :) Glad the ref is letting them play a bit. Not every contact is a foul.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh yes, soccer. The only game with more floppers than the NBA.

Yeah, that's right. I'm not a fan.

I think the NBA has a greater ratio of floppers. But, that kind of thing happens in every pro/high level sport.

The ref in the France - Belgium game did the best job of the tournament at not letting the flopping interfere. I don't think he yellow carded anyone for flopping; his refusal to give the penalty was all it took for the players to figure it out.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yeah England is playing very well. Incredible ball control by these guys. 40y pass in the air and their touch puts it exactly where they want

croatia is sure taking their shots at the English. If England gets another goal I can see a few more yellow cards coming

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I thought Croatia was going to do a bicycle at the end of the first half but he gave way to his teammate who was facing the goal.

i watched a bicycle from 20y hit the crossbar in front of us at USA v Switzerland in 1994. Incredible shot, shame it was a few inches high

also, is that rowin Atkinson as the ref?

and every time I hear sterling I think of Scott Sterling :rofl:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    These histrionics with taking the ball away to waste time are my new pet peeve. Hate it. Total BS high school 3rd team hijinks.

Mbappe (who I *love* as a player) pissed me off yesterday with his antics at the end yesterday's game. But he's 19. I did stupid stuff at that age, too. :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Was that a high kick or a good shot? He kicked over the British guy’s head who was coming in. Tough call

Back in my day, that would've been a penalty. There was a similar earlier play, closer to midfield, that there was no call on, so I can kinda understand the no call here.

Tough break, though.

But, Croatia is scrappy. They're playing this more like hockey, but its working on the counterattacks.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Croatia is playing like their hair is on fire. If they can keep this intensity, then WOW.

Otherwise, this could get exhausting for them. And then the yellow cards could mount up....

Top Bottom