• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Winter charcoal starting...

Grab a steel scoop shovel of coals from the outdoor boiler, add charcoal, insta-fire...
    2a4910f9d2ff57f23f320767def764c2.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Second brisket ever...First one was so so...Got impatient...This time it worked...PK 360 is an awesome grill.....3.5 hours to get to 165 degrees...I then double wrapped in aluminum foil and continued for another 4.5 hours....Probably added about a dozen more briquets at about 6 hours....Grill maintained heat of 225-250 the entire time...I love that cast aluminum for heat retention....I think I'm the only INGOer with a PK Grill but I won't be for long......They are really gaining in popularity....

DynEhbCWwAAAC74.jpg

DynEhbWWsAE1ETn.jpg

DynEhbCX4AAicx7.jpg

DynEhbJW0AAulyk.jpg

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Second brisket ever...First one was so so...Got impatient...This time it worked...PK 360 is an awesome grill.....3.5 hours to get to 165 degrees...I then double wrapped in aluminum foil and continued for another 4.5 hours....Probably added about a dozen more briquets at about 6 hours....Grill maintained heat of 225-250 the entire time...I love that cast aluminum for heat retention....I think I'm the only INGOer with a PK Grill but I won't be for long......They are really gaining in popularity....

DynEhbCWwAAAC74.jpg

DynEhbWWsAE1ETn.jpg

DynEhbCX4AAicx7.jpg

DynEhbJW0AAulyk.jpg
    Looking great! Brisket is one of those cuts that cooks on its own time and no one else’s.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand

DynEhbCWwAAAC74.jpg

DynEhbWWsAE1ETn.jpg

DynEhbCX4AAicx7.jpg

DynEhbJW0AAulyk.jpg

Looks great, and I agree about briskets cooking on their own time. I always plan at least 3 hours longer than I think it will take and just let it rest in a cooler when its done early.

I have been thinking about picking up one of those PK grills to use in a contest in September that doesn't allow propane smokers.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I’ve had many over years ask how I make my pulled pork. Recently I decided to make an easy answer and create my first and probably last appearance on YouTube. This little series shows my meat selection/preparation, seasoning, setup and running BGE, temp control (shows how easy charcoal should be), and shredding the final product. I think you’ll find the information interesting, just set your standards low for video production. I always enjoy hearing others methods and usually learn something. Here’s mine:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX9ct5dr45UkudukTT-urcISHb0qWk-r_

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Looks great, and I agree about briskets cooking on their own time. I always plan at least 3 hours longer than I think it will take and just let it rest in a cooler when its done early.

I have been thinking about picking up one of those PK grills to use in a contest in September that doesn't allow propane smokers.

Great product....
    [FONT=&quot]This is long term customer Betty Bighorse from Cameron, TX with her 1957 PK Original and her brand new PK Original grill and smoker. This picture is worth a thousand words, but we will just start with this one: grateful.#builttocook #builttolast #sca #texas
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    Dyux3zCWsAEj0cv.jpg

[/FONT]

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Simple but very tasty. I did this with a venison roast, but a beef roast works very nicely.

Break out the crock pot. Put the roast in there, throw in some onions, beef broth, celery, sweet onions cut into large chunks. Let it cook on low for about 8 hours.

In a separate pan saute some green peppers and onions in some olive oil, cut into long strips.

When the roast is done, take it out and pull it apart, similar to a pulled pork roast. Save the juice. Get some nice stout French rolls. Put the shredded meat on the roll along with some onions and green peppers, add juice to your liking.

Awesome sandwich!

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I wish I had taken pics, but it is all gone now.

I took a large pork loin and cut it sideways into a spiral (something I saw on the net) then rolled it back up with many stuffings.

About three hours of slow smoke using my trusty Weber and we had something special. Also grilled a pineapple and some potatoes to go with. Wifey made corn augratin inside.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Barbecued chuck roast today and got drafted for the Easter gathering of the clan.
    OK. Fine. My way. Roast beast and birds. We're talking veins between your teeth and bicarbonate soda for the weak.
    Fresh baked bread, beans and tater salad, lots of green things and if I'm lucky one of those German chocolate cakes with coconut.
    Yeehah!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Planning a 7lb pork butt and 15lb brisket for tomorrow. Want it done at 4pm. I work midnight to 8am. My grilling guru MontereyC6 helped me with a plan. Hoping it tastes good

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Anyone here ever use Black Diamond Charwood? Found some for a cheap price today. Heading into a busy season so I don't know when I will have a chance to experiment much with it, but if it's good stuff I may make a trip to get some more. TIA

Top Bottom