• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    About a week ago, now, MontereyC6 gave my family and I about 2lbs of rubbed/smoked pulled pork. Oh. My. It's so good.

We've been eating on it for days and days...

I'd just as soon not put any sauce on it, but once it gets reheated in the microwave, it dries out a bit so I've put some on for moisture. Certainly doesn't need any for taste!

My go to reheating methods is vacuum packing just after it cools down, then when ready to eat, throw it in a sous vide bathrobe 30-40 minutes at about 155 degrees for pork, about 140 for brisket. Comes out perfect every time.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Me too. My desire to fiddle with charcoal is quickly fading.

I love messing with charcoal but the problem is you have to make sure you have a well made smoker(to maintain heat easily) and you have to babysit it often especially on long smokes

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I love messing with charcoal but the problem is you have to make sure you have a well made smoker(to maintain heat easily) and you have to babysit it often especially on long smokes

I smoke on a Weber kettle. Does ok in this warmer weather. A nomex gasket on the lid helps a lot.

One of these makes life sooooooo much easier...

616cg64DroL._SX679_.jpg

Set the temps and get alerted if too high, too low, internal temp reached, etc. Walk outside, adjust vents, add charcoal, or just drink beer.:yesway:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Buy a BGE or another of the higher end Kamodo cookers, and you don’t really have to worry about it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Are there short smokes?:dunno:

Yeah I know, burgers, chicken, etc. Our typical butt smokes run about 16 hours but DAYUM is it GOOD eatin'!!!!:rockwoot:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Did a couple of 14 lb briskets last night. This makes 50+ lbs. smoked in the last week. We have some friends with the new baby, and some friends who lost their house to a fire, so I like to make it when we bring people a meal, plus there is a bunch for me and my family.

YwNYGW.jpg

8uhj8y.jpg

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Did a couple of 14 lb briskets last night. This makes 50+ lbs. smoked in the last week. We have some friends with the new baby, and some friends who lost their house to a fire, so I like to make it when we bring people a meal, plus there is a bunch for me and my family.

Hi, it's me, ur friend.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Hi, it's me, ur friend.
    I dunno man, my last friend from the internet totally flaked out on me. You would think Nigerian royalty would treat you better but no. Even my enhancement pill dealer/friend keeps in touch!

I keed, I keed. We should get together before long. Maybe when Captain Long Thong Silver gets back from whatever warm place he has fled to...

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    New year, new title.

Kroger has Whole Pork Shoulder $.99/lb this week.

It's always awesome when my wife says "If I buy this, will you smoke it for me?"

Also, if anyone see's salmon at a killer deal, let me know. I haven't smoked any for a couple years, but am hankerin' for a smoked salmon cheese ball. I'll share the recipe if and when I can find it.

I picked up 120lbs of these last Saturday. I built an elevated rack for my BGE and managed to squeeze 8 on for the first cook. 7 more will go next very soon! Got to feed the marching band.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Anyone ever smoked a fatty? I made 3 tonight I will be smoking for Friday night. Number 1 is my favorite made with salami, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and stuffed inside spicy Italian sausage. The second I forgot to get a picture of but it is a chicken cordon bleu inspired. The final one is onions peppers and mushrooms sautéed in butter and covered in mozzarella cheese.

UJzR2ap.jpg

eNvojZv.jpg

Wrhf60k.jpg

0Z5il4u.jpg

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Anyone ever smoked a fatty? I made 3 tonight I will be smoking for Friday night. Number 1 is my favorite made with salami, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and stuffed inside spicy Italian sausage. The second I forgot to get a picture of but it is a chicken cordon bleu inspired. The final one is onions peppers and mushrooms sautéed in butter and covered in mozzarella cheese.

UJzR2ap.jpg

eNvojZv.jpg

Wrhf60k.jpg

0Z5il4u.jpg
    Have done a number of them, but it has been a long minute. You have inspired me though. Maybe this weekend.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    It’s pulled off the smoker. Unfortunately you guys will have to wait for the money shot as these will be served for dinner tomorrow...

YQYVryX.jpg

Z1X345T.jpg

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    First up tonight is the roast beef. Picked up a cheap rolled roast, sous vide for 24 hours at 135 degrees, then to the pellet smoker at 500 degrees to sear.

8FvsIgU.jpg

3rd: This was a unanimous 3rd. This is the Italian flavored one.
    fNdpPDf.jpg

2nd: This was the chicken cordon bleu.
    1aBsn5u.jpg

1st: This was the philly themed.
    158JjuD.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That cordon blue looks wonderful! Recipe link?

Pork belly going on tomorrow. Gonna try a few different recipes for rubs. Wife wasn’t thrilled with last bacon I did

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Recipe is really quite simple:

Ingredients:
    1 pound bacon of choice
    1 pound sweet Italian sausage
    shredded swiss cheese
    3 Slices of breakfast ham
    2 breaded chicken strips(thawed if frozen)

1. Weave bacon into mat. Place in fridge. Fry and eat leftover bacon while doing remaining steps
    2. Place Italian sausage into standard 1 gallon ziplock bag. Use hands and rolling pin to roll it flat. I sometimes do this ahead of time.
    3. Unzip bag and use knife to cut end of zipper and sides of bag. Fold top of bag back leaving the sausage on the bottom.
    4. Add other ingredients.
    5. Roll sausage over stuffing and mash ends closed.
    6. Put bacon mat around sausage.
    7. Smoke the fatty at 275 until IT reaches about 185-200.
    8. Enjoy plain or with sauce of your choosing.

Top Bottom