Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Click on the tab at the link that says bill actions. Look to see if its been assigned to a committee. Then see who all is on that particular committee and you know who will be the people that need to be worked on. For example, SB88 is assigned to the judiciary committee--

Senate Committee on Judiciary - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

This is always the best step - bills when introduced officially (in session) go to committee - There WILL BE MORE - this list

TYPICALLY (BUT NOT ALWAYS) - 2A Legislation in the IGA Senate - goes thru the Judiciary - listed above.
    and In the House it goes thru Public Policy ( http://iga.in.gov/legislative/2019/committees/public_policy_1600 )

ANY ONE WILLING to draft Thorough "what it does / why support or oppose" post that I can use on IMAGC (as I am swamped, Kelly, Rhino, Fargo ... etc) ...
    Or help give clarity to issues and save me some time ... I got 1600 followers (outside of INGO) to reach with stuff ... more if I can share like I had ...

the more people share - email - etc from clear sound sources the better - - draft or example letters welcome - credit for help gladly given. ... etc.

If you're her an not on the book of face or other media - that's ok - if you're outside of here and can help ... lets do this.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is always the best step - bills when introduced officially (in session) go to committee - There WILL BE MORE - this list

TYPICALLY (BUT NOT ALWAYS) - 2A Legislation in the IGA Senate - goes thru the Judiciary - listed above.
    and In the House it goes thru Public Policy ( House Committee on Public Policy - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session )

ANY ONE WILLING to draft Thorough "what it does / why support or oppose" post that I can use on IMAGC (as I am swamped, Kelly, Rhino, Fargo ... etc) ...
    Or help give clarity to issues and save me some time ... I got 1600 followers (outside of INGO) to reach with stuff ... more if I can share like I had ...

the more people share - email - etc from clear sound sources the better - - draft or example letters welcome - credit for help gladly given. ... etc.

If you're her an not on the book of face or other media - that's ok - if you're outside of here and can help ... lets do this.
    Great minds do think alike Bill. If we could get three or four drafts, people could pull parts from different ones and re-word as needed. I will work on putting something together tonight, I have several versions most are supporting something rather than a posing.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And are there a large number of crimes being committed by teenagers with machine guns? WTH would this even be a consideration other than being just another "feel good" effort? What's next? "It shall be illegal to allow a person under the age of 18 to launch an ICBM" in the commission of a felony? :rolleyes: Another solution in search of a problem.
    I'm sure Taylor will add that amendment if you mention it to him.

Notice no purple.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    SB 134 - Storage at Public Venues - Sandlin
    Senate Bill 134 - Storage of firearms at public venues - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

EDIT TO ADD MORE: 01.02.2019 - 19.00:

SB 263 - Age to Purchase Assault Weapons - Mrvan -
    Senate Bill 263 - Minimum age to purchase assault weapons - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

And add a few House bills:

HB 1040 - Firearms Storage - Bartlett
    House Bill 1040 - Firearm storage requirements - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session
    ( I looked at the digest and say "no likey")

HB 1048 - Firearm Storage - Carolyn Jackson
    House Bill 1048 - Firearm storage - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session
    (this one may be even worser ...)

That's it So far - No reviews (yet). ....

working hard to get back in form.

Pet peeve, under the storage at public venue bill what is with this section.
    (c) A person in possession of a:
    25 (1) valid Indiana handgun permit; or
    26 (2) valid handgun permit from a state sharing a reciprocity
    27 agreement with Indiana;

First Indiana has a license not a permit, and 2nd we do not have a reciprocity agreement with any state. It would be better to word it as a "valid handgun permit that Indiana recognizes".

And HB 1048 is IMO worser. It could make it a felony to have an ad/nd in a town/city. Isn't there already a law(s) that would cover this if it was done in an unsafe manner. Reckless endangerment for starters.
    Sec. 9. A person notin a place specifically set aside for the
    10 discharge of a firearm who knowingly or intentionally discharges
    11 a loaded firearm without legal justification while in a city or town
    12 commits dangerous discharge of a firearm, a Level 6 felony.
    13 SECTION 4. IC 35-47-10-2.5 IS ADDED TO THE INDIA

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Which Circle? He is an attorney after all ...

or perhaps liquid nitrogen ... if you know - it's cold there.

Yep
    hell-has-frozen-over.jpg

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK, here's a draft e-mail/letter to the legislator(s) of your choice. Copy/paste/send or copy/paste/print/mail if you want. More to follow.

(Senator/Representative name here),
    I would appreciate your help in opposing SB 125: Open Carry of Rifles introduced by Senator Greg Taylor.

I have read this bill a number of times. It is an outright attack on the Constitutional Rights of lawful gun owners and a not so veiled attempt to vilify owners of AR-15 (the most popular rifle in the United States) as well as owners of AK-47s.

Currently there are no restrictions on carrying these rifles for individuals over the age of 18, provided they are not prohibited from possessing firearms and the location allows for lawful carry of firearms. This bill makes carrying one of these rifles a crime.

The list of features, any one of which makes the rifle a “prohibited weapon” under SB 125 reads like the nomenclature on an AR-15 and/or an AK-47:
    A pistol grip that protrudes beneath the action of the weapon; a thumb-hole stock; a folding or telescoping stock; a mount or lug capable of accepting or affixing a bayonet, flare launcher, grenade launcher; a flash suppressor; a forward pistol grip.

SB 125 would also make it illegal to carry both the WW II-era M-1 Garand and M-1 Carbine.

This bill serves to do nothing except make criminals out of the law-abiding and will do absolutely nothing to prevent or deter actual criminals; who by definition do not obey the law.

Additionally, this bill fails to pass any form of Constitutional scrutiny. Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution states, “The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the state.” This is even clearer than the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment’s affirmation of the right. Being the most popular rifle in the United States with estimates as high as 12 million privately owned AR-15s, “in common use” from the Supreme Court case US v Miller (1939) (and referenced in DC v Heller, 2008) certainly applies here.

Again, your opposition to this bill would be greatly appreciated.

Name
    Address
    Phone

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We still have a Republican supermajority and the vast majority of proposed legislation restricts or infringes on our 2A rights. The Democrats never, ever let up, unlike the linguine-spined Republicans like Brian Bosma who have no testicular fortitude whatsoever. Depressing...

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    We still have a Republican supermajority and the vast majority of proposed legislation restricts or infringes on our 2A rights. The Democrats never, ever let up, unlike the linguine-spined Republicans like Brian Bosma who have no testicular fortitude whatsoever. Depressing...

There a lot more bills to come; I know Lucas has several that are not posted - but he shared some previews today on FB (some not all) ... but that does not make you incorrect either.

Washington warned us to eschew parties ... how right he was ... and how big the fight we (we being us and our posterity) to restore our republic.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    There a lot more bills to come; I know Lucas has several that are not posted - but he shared some previews today on FB (some not all) ... but that does not make you incorrect either.

Washington warned us to eschew parties ... how right he was ... and how big the fight we (we being us and our posterity) to restore our republic.

Didn’t Bosma warn Lucas and company not to re-introduce Constitutional carry the session?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Someone Please Rep Kelly for me! Gracias.

Thanks Brother Bill and Lonehoosier for the rep. Unfortunately it's a target-rich environment for opposing. Hopefully we'll see some good stuff from Jim Lucas soon.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Didn’t Bosma warn Lucas and company not to re-introduce Constitutional carry the session?

I don't know. I'd wager there were some words to that effect after it crashed last year. I know, following Jim's FB page, his energies are...more diffuse...this time around.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Something tells me we wont see constitutional carry brought up by our supposed 2a friendly legislators anytime soon. I hope im wrong, but there doesn't seem to be any true constitutionalists, especially with a spine, in any form of government anymore.

Top Bottom