• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Nice shooting guys. I didn't do quite as well with my first effort.

First shot came in high, pushing the card aside (or the card was off angle) and finally put a hole dead center of the cut in the cardboard holding the card. Just clipped the corner off.

Finally got the second card on either the 15th, 16th or 17th shot (I quit walking over and checking every shot) and left it connected by a thread.

25' from muzzle to card, one hand standing.

I will try again on another day.

Nice shooting!

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    So late last year, I wanted to see how difficult it would be to split a playing card with a 22 pistol. So I tried my hand at it. I was successful, twice with two different pistols. Now I try it every chance I get. It's always so much fun. When I brought it up on INGO, I was surprised how many people have never tried it.

So I want to fix that. Hence this challenge. The winner will get a year Site Supporter status on me. If you already have the badge, we'll tack on another 12 months.

So here's the rules. Try and split a playing card at a minimum of 7 yards with a .22 lr or .22 WMR pistol. Post a picture of the gun, the split card and give a brief description of how many tries it took you. If you want to make a video, that's fine also.

Get your family involved too and make it a family & friends event if you want. Each successful split with get entered to win. Just put each one in a separate post.

The deadline will be June 30th, 2020

I'll pic the winning post with a random online number generator.

Here's my first two splits.

LGp66A2.jpg

SjEWDTB.jpg

So get out there and give it a shot or two.....or three.....or fifty.......or a brick!!
    BT, thats pretty good shooting with that M&P!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It doesn't get much closer than that. This was with the Heritage at 7 yards.

CvVRcwl.jpg

I switched it up and got out my 10" target MKII. Second shot split the Jack. 6th shot knocked the Queen off the mount. (I forgot the mags for the S&W so I wasn't able to try it again.)

ovABlMO.jpg

A little over a week left. Get out and try it.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Thought I'd give it another try and use my MKIV with CCI SV this time. Not so much good shooting as "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while".

NFgyUU1.jpg

One hand, 25' from muzzle to card. Touched the ace of spades in the upper left corner about 5 shots in and split it on either the 12th, 13th or 14th. After several misses, I switched to a two handed hold and split the ace of hearts somewhere in the 25th-30th shots.

Top Bottom