• ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Thanks for pulling these out, Kelly.

I had made a commitment to myself that this year I'd make a serious effort to attend committee meetings and speak up for whatever bills made it to committee. So far...I'm not seeing any worth the gas and parking fees.

SB9? Eh.......OK?
    SB16? Umm....sure...fine, I guess...
    SB28 and 29? I'm sure this won't be the only attempted roll back by leftist gun haters.
    SB69? Nope...I hate this sort of special rights for people with special credentials legislation. On the other hand, I might show up just to speak against this one.

I think this is all I saw so far. I also cannot make sense of SB 009. Is this stemming from all the zonin Issue stuff in NWI,?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had commented somewhere earlier that I had made a promise to myself that this year, I’d make a real, honest effort to go to Indy to the conference committees to show up and speak up. I’m part of the apathetic problem and I want to be more help. But I have to tell you, of the bills I’ve seen so far, the only one I feel energized to make the drive and not to mention the costs associated with going to Indy for is the one I mentioned earlier about red flag swatting.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I had commented somewhere earlier that I had made a promise to myself that this year, I’d make a real, honest effort to go to Indy to the conference committees to show up and speak up. I’m part of the apathetic problem and I want to be more help. But I have to tell you, of the bills I’ve seen so far, the only one I feel energized to make the drive and not to mention the costs associated with going to Indy for is the one I mentioned earlier about red flag swatting.

From down in your part of the State that is a pretty good haul, GFGT. If Red Flag swatting comes up and makes it to committee I'll buy lunch if you make the trip and testify, because I will be there too. Disclaimer: THIS LUNCH OFFER ONLY APPLIES TO GFGT, NOT EVERY INGOER AND THEIR UNCLE WHO SHOWS UP.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    From down in your part of the State that is a pretty good haul, GFGT. If Red Flag swatting comes up and makes it to committee I'll buy lunch if you make the trip and testify, because I will be there too. Disclaimer: THIS LUNCH OFFER ONLY APPLIES TO GFGT, NOT EVERY INGOER AND THEIR UNCLE WHO SHOWS UP.

:D

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Kelly keep me posted in when/if these make it to committee. I'll buy my own lunch!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Have some more House Bills, need to give HB 1029 a close read.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I just read HB 1029; ... Imma gonna say NO THANK YOU.
    good intentions - but NO.
    While many (or most) Gun Dealers do place items in the safe (not left secured to walls or in glass displays) over night ... this also requires the safes or locks to be secured and seems like an excessive burden for what I understand to be a very high overhead business due to all the other regulations ... yes most dealers (if not all) want to eliminate risks of theft and such; while closed especially. Friends ( Gungho and Mrs G, are you still here ? I'm back haha.) lost TSG after 2 attempts ... but nothing was stolen ...

... plus it doesn't allow booby trapping with claymores ... which also eliminates recidivism (ok that may be bit of sarcasm). ... I'mmma gonna tell Rep Woody ... nope on this one.

I may be rusty at this. sorry.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I just read HB 1029; ... Imma gonna say NO THANK YOU.
    good intentions - but NO.
    While many (or most) Gun Dealers do place items in the safe (not left secured to walls or in glass displays) over night ... this also requires the safes or locks to be secured and seems like an excessive burden for what I understand to be a very high overhead business due to all the other regulations ... yes most dealers (if not all) want to eliminate risks of theft and such; while closed especially. Friends ( Gungho and Mrs G, are you still here ? I'm back haha.) lost TSG after 2 attempts ... but nothing was stolen ...

... plus it doesn't allow booby trapping with claymores ... which also eliminates recidivism (ok that may be bit of sarcasm). ... I'mmma gonna tell Rep Woody ... nope on this one.

I may be rusty at this. sorry.

You beat me to it Bill, I just finished reading it.

Hard NO here for me too on this one. "Woodcock thought he secured the safe on the Union Pacific Flyer, Butch and Sundance blew up the train car" is what came to mind when I read this bill.

Lets issue citations to people who get robbed because they are on the canal at 0200.

Let the market decide, hold criminals responsible for their crimes.

How will anyone know if a "dealer" doesn't secure their inventory to Woody's standard? Inspection program?

Just to review, NO.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I do not see a thread but SB 16 is in room 130 TODAY (Tues. 01.07.2020) upon adjournment of the senate session (which started at 1030.l

This is juvenile delinquents and firearms bill.

This is more FYI.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HB1259 is another commiefornia bill
    Roger that Grump. I can’t get to the text, but the digest looks like hospitals will be GFZs if this puke gets his way, hard NO from here.

Edit: referred to Public Policy Committee, Ben Smaltz is Chair and Jim Lucas is on the committee.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A solution to a problem that simply doesn’t exist. You have to give these guys credit though, election year be damned, they’re pushing like they always do to gain whatever minuscule ground they can.

Top Bottom