• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Griddle was a success. Took a couple brown scotchbrite pads on the grinder to it and brought it down to the white then scrubbed and seasoned it. It still has a few nicks in it that I'll grind out later. Made a bunch of smash burgers on it. I'm going to finish grinding the pits and the weld some handles to it. Haven't decided if I'm going to use half inch round stock for the handles or a couple horseshoes.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Griddle was a success. Took a couple brown scotchbrite pads on the grinder to it and brought it down to the white then scrubbed and seasoned it. It still has a few nicks in it that I'll grind out later. Made a bunch of smash burgers on it. I'm going to finish grinding the pits and the weld some handles to it. Haven't decided if I'm going to use half inch round stock for the handles or a couple horseshoes.
    The horseshoes would look "grate".

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Got some boneless pork chops on the weber now, tossed a chunk of cherry in the basket we'll see how they turn out. Having grilled apples and ice cream for dessert.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Thank you.

Seems like it would be a good choice for smoking.
    Sometime when youre bored, and just ate, look thru a few of his recipes. His chicken sliders and homemade sauce is amazing.

Be warned, dont watch it if you havent ate… youll be digging thru the fridge munching on whatever you can find.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    As the bacon hater said Malcolm Reed has a lot of great recipes and also has some good rubs. I can't get enough of the parmesan garlic potatoes. IMG_2013.JPG
    they are just as good leftover, IMG_2017.JPG Yes, I ate well this past weekend....

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    32.5# of pork butt prepped and ready for the smoker tonight. Local FD asked me to do pulled pork for a Project Fire Buddies meeting. This is where they introduce the next terminally ill child and family they will be helping. Couldn't pass up on doing it for the cause.

Slab of ribs for us. Throw those on in the morning

20240420_115936.jpg
    20240420_121657.jpg
    20240420_121809.jpg
    20240420_122750.jpg

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    For the last 10+ years I've ran a off-set stick burner. I just purchased a Traeger pellet grill. What's your favorite pellets for all around grilling? What's your go-to pellets for long smokes like butts, brisket, turkey, etc.?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    For the last 10+ years I've ran a off-set stick burner. I just purchased a Traeger pellet grill. What's your favorite pellets for all around grilling? What's your go-to pellets for long smokes like butts, brisket, turkey, etc.?
    I use pit boss pellets. Like to blend the competition with apple and cherry for pork. Chicken I'll use the mesquite or competition blend. But it's all about preference

Top Bottom