• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If we get the sighters again at each distance that should work. I don't think my schedule will allow me to make the March 30 match, but I'll keep an eye out for that format again later in the year and hopefully my schedule will be free that weekend.

Don't forget to watch the shooting sports section for the Wednesday evening matches. These often aren't scheduled far in advance.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Do you have the target list? What targets at what yardage? Thanks

Just plan for a 1 MOA group and get an idea of dope at 75, 110, 165, and 200.

Really, if you're nicely centered at 50, we can get you everywhere else.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Target sizes vary, don't get hung up on them, or fall into the trap of trying to shoot sub moa groups with a rimfire on a breezy day. The bullet has to go somewhere, and your target is, umm, somewhere.

Give or take a little:
    75y- golf ball
    110y- 2 golf balls side by side, up to a pop can laying on its side.
    165y- a clay target, up to 2 clays side by side.
    200y- same as 165 targets.

It's remarkably do-able, but not 100% certain or guaranteed.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Oh my those target sizes sound challenging! Slung up in prone class please! I'll bring the all factory T-bolt and smack some sense into that little golf ball.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Oh man. I was going to sell my 10/22 because I've not shot it but once in the 4+ years I've had it but it is my only somewhat precision .22LR option. I may have to steal the pellet gun scope from my AR and see how easily it will mount on it. I personally would like to do the long sleeve shirt and sling on the ground but frankly that would require me to modify a rifle I'm likely to sell. Hmmm, decisions decisions.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Give or take a little:
    75y- golf ball
    200y-.

To be clear, the targets are steel chicken, pig, turkey, & bighorn sheep silhouettes from the silo rifle & pistol disciplines. The above description is so shooters can relate to the target size & distance.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    To be clear, the targets are steel chicken, pig, turkey, & bighorn sheep silhouettes from the silo rifle & pistol disciplines. The above description is so shooters can relate to the target size & distance.
    Which yardage is pistol vs. rifle. I have access to Pistol Targets, I'd like to setup much of the actual match as possible, several new shooters I'm attempting to get into this match. Have access to CAD for the rilfe targets so I can print out. Hopefully I can get get a good group down there (the March match is out due to conflicts).

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    Which yardage is pistol vs. rifle. I have access to Pistol Targets, I'd like to setup much of the actual match as possible, several new shooters I'm attempting to get into this match. Have access to CAD for the rilfe targets so I can print out. Hopefully I can get get a good group down there (the March match is out due to conflicts).

decide for your self based on this

Give or take a little:
    75y- golf ball
    200y- same as 165 targets.

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    They are 1/5 scale silhouettes @ 75 & 110 yards. At 165 & 200, targets are 3/8 scale. For other readers, that means at 75 are 1.5", at 110 targets are roughly the size of a 2x4 end. At 165 & 200 they are about 4.5 inches to 5x8"

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    They are 1/5 scale silhouettes @ 75 & 110 yards. At 165 & 200, targets are 3/8 scale. For other readers, that means at 75 are 1.5", at 110 targets are roughly the size of a 2x4 end. At 165 & 200 they are about 4.5 inches to 5x8"

Well said.

Also at 110: the bigger targets are a chicken the size of a pop can end, and a ram the size of pop can laying on its side.

Last edited:

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    What about shooting the steel challenge plates? 10" 12" and big rectangles? much easier to hit and i won't feel so
    offended when I miss. I know Hawkeye your gonna reply that the first saturday of the month has that covered.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What about shooting the steel challenge plates? 10" 12" and big rectangles? much easier to hit and i won't feel so
    offended when I miss. I know Hawkeye your gonna reply that the first saturday of the month has that covered.

I think part of the fun is the irregular shapes of the targets. The symmetry of circles and rectangles makes them easier to hit.

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    Rhino I was just kidding concerning target size. I shot the last .22 rifle match this past year . I enjoyed the match and plan to attend again in
    the upcoming season however I hope Rich has a few wednesday night matches due to my saturday schedule.
    I hope Uncle Gary can coach me some more.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I think part of the fun is the irregular shapes of the targets. The symmetry of circles and rectangles makes them easier to hit.

I thought the diamond targets at our Sept match were among the hardest to hit. Same surface area as a square, but if your elevation isn't spot on...….

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I thought the diamond targets at our Sept match were among the hardest to hit. Same surface area as a square, but if your elevation isn't spot on...….

Well even a simple feller like me can figure that out easy 'nuff.

Just lean your rifle over 45 degrees and shoot it like the square. :dunno:

Top Bottom