Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    S&W 422 6"
    Had 3 of them, all stolen over time.
    Wish I could find another one.
    THE best 22 pistol I have ever owned, stay away from Walther P22.
    Crappy trigger, useless sights.

jwardrip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Evansville
    Go with the Ruger...Here is one with for $258 (free shipping and no tax unless you are in Kentucky)...if you live in indy have it shipped to beech grove firearms for 15 bucks
    Ruger 22/45 Mark III 22LR 4" Blued FIXED SIGHTS $258.00 SHIPS FREE
    I just bought this exact same gun at a gun show here in Evansville this past Saturday for $250 +tax. My son (age 12) and I took it out yesterday and shot the hell out of it. It was his first time shooting, and I really liked it because it feels alot like my 45. VERY pleased with gun. Never jammed a single time and we probally shot 200rds through it.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    If you don't have a pistol with an available conversion kit. For the 250-350 range the Ruger MkII would be my personal choice. The new 22/45 aren't too bad but I prefer the design of the MKII.

I also have a S&W 22A. I have to say I thought it would be much worse than it is. It's reliable with most bulk .22 ammo, and the stuff it doesn't like doesn't run well out of any of my 22s. If you look you can find them for 150-170 used. The 22A is the best bang for your buck in semi auto 22 pistols.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Another endorsement for Ruger Mk III. I've got a 22/45 MKIII and it was reliable right out of the box. Got it @ Beech Grove Firearms last year and I've put about 1,500 rounds through it without a hiccup. Probably one of the best, if not the best, bargains out there for a reliable 22.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Another endorsement for Ruger Mk III. I've got a 22/45 MKIII and it was reliable right out of the box. Got it @ Beech Grove Firearms last year and I've put about 1,500 rounds through it without a hiccup. Probably one of the best, if not the best, bargains out there for a reliable 22.

The RUGER is V E R Y ACCURATE:yesway::D

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The Ruger Mark II and Mark III are both d... nice guns, but you'd better get a degree in mechanical engineering before you try to field-strip and reassemble one of them.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I just got a blued Mark II today for $285 from K&T Guns in New Haven. It's the 5.5" bull barrel and looks like new. Keith had 2 extra mags in stock too. Got the gun, 3 mags, hard case, all for $357 after tax. I'm totally stoked and can't wait to shoot it.

speedsix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    fort wayne
    I think the Ruger MKII is the best .22lr on the market but they are not $250 anymore.

I saw that Gander Mountain had the S&W 22A on sale for $249. I owned one of them and they are good guns. You could do a lot worse for $250 brand new. Good gun for that kind of money.

worksalot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    I have owned the 22a, the buckmark and several ruger 22 pistols..In may hands they were all about equal. It comes down to looks and feel. Any of these would be my first choice. I fired a berretta neos early on in production but didn't really care for it.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have owned the 22a, the buckmark and several ruger 22 pistols..In may hands they were all about equal. It comes down to looks and feel. Any of these would be my first choice. I fired a berretta neos early on in production but didn't really care for it.

And yet my Neos was flawless and I loved it.

Here's the summary:

You've got two .22lr "target" guns that are just fine for $250 NIB:
    The S&W 22A and the Beretta U22 Neos.

You've got two "lines" of target guns that are great for $350-$500:
    Browning Buck Marks and Ruger Mark III's.

You've got some fun guns that aren't really good for much except plinking:
    Sig Mosquito and the Walther P22. Surprisingly, these cost more than the first group...

If you've got <$250 to spend buy one of the two in the first group, and you'll be happy. If you can spend more, buy a Ruger or Browning. In the end you'll be glad you did.

If you decide you want to shoot steel down the road, any of the guns in these first two groups will work fine.

worksalot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Jetgirl do you mean to tell me that I finally said something right....I have got to tell my girl friend she won't believe it.
    Crispy.. I wasn't trying to dog your neos. I was really excited about them when they were introduced. A friend bought one and I shot some of the first 100 rnds, I didn't care for the trigger and I just didn't like it as much as I had hoped I would. Lots of people don't like the 22a but i do...dif. strokes for dif. folks.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    No problem. I loved it but I still sold it to a friend so that I could buy a Buck Mark.

That's how much better the Buck Mark is...

yotekid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Thanks guys T-DOGG did they have any other rugers for sale and how much? I go by new haven on my way to school so i might stop by.Thanks

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thanks guys T-DOGG did they have any other rugers for sale and how much? I go by new haven on my way to school so i might stop by.Thanks

He had a new 22/45 next to it for $299. I was in there Saturday, pretty sure it was still there.

Top Bottom