• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    (AUSTIN) Indiana health officials say there are two dozen new HIV cases in southeastern Indiana, bringing the outbreak’s total cases to 130.

The Indiana State Department of Health said Friday there are now 120 confirmed HIV cases and 10 preliminary positive cases. That’s up from 106 last week.

Those infected either live in Scott County or have ties to the area. The outbreak among intravenous drug users is centered in the city of Austin.

24 new HIV cases reported in Indiana county | GOVTSLAVES.INFO

This worries me. I live 6 miles or so from Austin and Scott county aint big by no means. My interpretation is that 120 people who were previously engaged in criminal activity and suffering from mental instability that comes from heavy hard drug use were just handed "death sentences" (at least in their minds) and at some point will feel they have nothing lose in pursuit of whatever goal they have set for themselves. Theft is extremely high in the county. People already lose their minds at an alarming rate in today's society it seems.

This is why I stay armed all the time. I may have to fold and finally get my LTCH and add CC of my 1911 to my open carry of the .36 Navy. Sure do wish HB 1144 would have went to the Governor instead if the SBS bill.

What are your thoughts on this meteoric rise of HIV cases? We had 7 in January and 130 in April.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    It's a d%#n shame
    lock the doors, watch the kids, check your insurance

don't take chances, head up, eyes open

They will get a grip on it sooner rather than later I think. With all the attention being brought to bear

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This worries me.

Well, if you're worried, just wear a condom 24/7 and keep some clean needles in your go bag.;)

Who'd uh thunk heroin would be a bigger problem than meth in rural Indiana. What's the world coming to?:dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What are your thoughts on this meteoric rise of HIV cases? We had 7 in January and 130 in April.
    Needle sharing. The same groups of people were likely shooting up for some time and all it takes is one person to be introduced into the mix that is HIV positive.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You must be mistaken.
    I heard that drug use is a victimless crime and therefore should be permitted. We just need to let them go on infecting each other and learn to mind our own business. :rolleyes:

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Well mostly it is the legal stuff. Opana is reported as being the "big thing" since the oxy's got reformulated. All of it comes from the doctors. When they cant find it, or find enough, or cant afford it, then that is apparently where the heroin comes into play, then it seems they are on that till the end.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You must be mistaken.
    I heard that drug use is a victimless crime and therefore should be permitted. We just need to let them go on infecting each other and learn to mind our own business. :rolleyes:
    This is a huge oversimplification of the issue. It is easy to write off these addicts as worthless.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You must be mistaken.

Keeping it illegal didn't keep these folks from getting the HIV. NOW there's a needle share. Horses gone. Barn door closing.

As elegantly stated above, dopers gonna dope.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was just commenting today how many heroin OD's Columbus Cops have saved in hte last few months since they were issued the medicine. I'd say its on average 1/week.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I hate needles. I could never stand still long enough to inject that crap into my body.

I understand addictiveness. But I don't get the allure of this lifestyle. I just don't get it.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Does not appear indiana requires a prescription to buy needles. Addicts are impulsive and don't tend to plan. Should we just deliver them to their door instead? They can go get heroin, why not needles and syringes?

BD Needle Only - Precision Glide 27 Gauge 1 1/4 inch (1.25") - 100/box (305136) - drugsupplystore.com

True but there is this:
    ic 16-42-19-18

so a dope head doping with a syringe is a D felony.

and pharmacies ask for an rx or proof of insulin because dope heads tell their dopehead friends and then they flood the store.....stealing anything not nailed down. At least sometimes that happens.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well mostly it is the legal stuff. Opana is reported as being the "big thing" since the oxy's got reformulated. All of it comes from the doctors. When they cant find it, or find enough, or cant afford it, then that is apparently where the heroin comes into play, then it seems they are on that till the end.

Except for when the local CVS is robbed.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I hate needles. I could never stand still long enough to inject that crap into my body.

I understand addictiveness. But I don't get the allure of this lifestyle. I just don't get it.

It's not a lifestyle they want. Trust me. But once you're in bondage to something like that, it tells you what to do.
    No one says "When I grow up I wanna be a drug addict"

Top Bottom