• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So you're saying heroin users won't buy online because it's illegal???

True but there is this:
    ic 16-42-19-18

so a dope head doping with a syringe is a D felony.

and pharmacies ask for an rx or proof of insulin because dope heads tell their dopehead friends and then they flood the store.....stealing anything not nailed down. At least sometimes that happens.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's not a lifestyle they want. Trust me. But once you're in bondage to something like that, it tells you what to do.
    No one says "When I grow up I wanna be a drug addict"

Understood. But is it such a secret that this stuff will take over your life? I believed them when they told us about this sort of stuff in high school...the choices we make....

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Understood. But is it such a secret that this stuff will take over your life? I believed them when they told us about this sort of stuff in high school...the choices we make....

It's no secret this stuff will take you to the grave. But when I was 19yrs old I knew everything and could play with fire and never get burnt; just as every other kid that age thinks. It's starts out a pill here and there. Then 3-5 days a week. Then an everyday thing. Then when they don't get that hit for a day or two, then the cramps and diarrhea set in along with the vomiting. Then they quit paying their bills to fund the pills. Then the theft comes after that when they've lost just about everything. It's a slow fade my man

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

Yeah. But "they" told me the same thing about alcohol, tobacco, sex, and loud music. I see people using the others responsibly on a regular basis, so I assume "they" blow things out of proportion.

Not everyone starts for the fun, either. I shattered my leg playing soccer in college, and I spent weeks on hydrocodone. When my prescription was gone, it would have been much easier to go to something harder than to just live with the pain.
    I was addicted to the numbness. Heroin is a similar kind of high. It would have been an easy transition to make.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Too lazy to read the entire thread, so if it's already been answered, I'm sorry... but no, no rx required for needles/syringes in the state of Indiana. They are behind the pharmacy counter, just have to record the purchase, but all sales are at the discretion of the pharmacist (despite a pending lawsuit attempting to state otherwise :rolleyes:).

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Ive heard heroin is cheaper than marijuana in some places

not a leo but yes it can be/is cheaper than marijuana especially down in that area. its way cheaper than prescription opiates like percocet. there has been a flood of cheap heroin coming in from mexico and overdoses are on the rise across the nation. i am surprised that they are shooting up the most common way around here is snorting, im told because you are less likely to get caught (no needle marks).

on a side note this is why it should be easier to get narcan

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It takes over the lives of those who are prone to addiction. You are not one of those people and thus it is a foreign concept to you (thankfully). Addicts have issues that draw them to drugs, many have deep, severe pain they are numbing. However, most drugs users are not addicts. Just like most people who use prescribed opiates do not become addicted, most who use illegal opiates do not either. They lead quite normal lives thus we have no idea they use recreationally.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    It takes over the lives of those who are prone to addiction. You are not one of those people and thus it is a foreign concept to you (thankfully)
    i know people who do heroin twice a day and are CEO of multi billion dollar corporations
    Addicts have issues that draw them to drugs, many have deep, severe pain they are numbing.
    Agony, agony, agonizing agony of agony
    that no medication can control
    However, most drugs users are not addicts.
    See first line
    Just like most people who use prescribed opiates do not become addicted, most who use illegal opiates do not either.
    They lead quite normal lives thus we have no idea they use recreationally.
    victimless, innocent, non crime,

Expanded version

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

It's no secret being fat will lead to increased chances of heart disease and shorten your life, either. Yet how many of us have extra pounds and still pop the occasional donut? It's no secret sex leads to children, but how many of us engaged in said activity with someone we didn't want kids with. Humans aren't always rational in their choices, especially when the choice is framed in "receive/forego pleasure now" and not properly framed in "receive pleasure now vs pain down the road".

I never tried weed because it seemed expensive and QC was lacking (how am I sure I'm getting what I pay for?). I didn't not try it because I was worried it'd keep me out of the military, LE, out of a good job, etc. I was 16 and dumb as a brick as most 16 year olds tend to be. My stepsister chose another route, ended up on meth for awhile (known as Crank at the time), and screwed herself pretty royally for a long time. She made the decision, she had to live with it, and it surely wasn't rational in the long term view...but we all lose the long term view in some instances.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    The depravity of the victim is no condonement in the eyes of the law

its a shame that some feel they have been drawn into that life

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    What are your thoughts on this meteoric rise of HIV cases?

Over the last half century or so, little by little, the US has become a nation where certain actions that could be dangerous were either not done or at least criticized and the actors shamed. Maybe it was mean, maybe it was cruel, and maybe for some actions it shouldn't have been that way. We seem to now come to a point where no actions can be criticized. The talking heads get on TV or the radio and claim these actions aren't the best, but they are what they are and we constantly need to bail people out. The entire country is pretty much collapsing slowly. The more rural parts of Indiana have no jobs or jobs that pay very little. Meanwhile housing costs are still high, thanks to government subsidization. Too many young women having kids with no dads around, too much focus on hard partying, too much media pushing the perpetual spring break party lifestyle, basic primary school education, but no logic or common sense for many, etc..

This HIV outbreak isn't shocking, it was really only a matter of time. One of the women said she had sexual "relations" with around 70 truckers since she was positive. Thankfully I heard that it is harder to transmit the virus from female to male. Who knows how far it will spread. If just one of those addicts visited other IV drug hotspots like Batesville, Connersville, etc., it could get much worse.

True but there is this:
    ic 16-42-19-18

so a dope head doping with a syringe is a D felony.

Brookwater v. State might have thrown that law out the window.

But when I was 19yrs old I knew everything and could play with fire and never get burnt; just as every other kid that age thinks.

I think using the word "every" is a little bit much here. I was 16, so three years dumber than a 19 year old, when my best friend from high school got addicted to cigarettes due to a girlfriend and offered me one. I declined as I was smart enough to know even smoking tobacco wasn't good for you. Every young person has their limits, but plenty of them know that drinking to constant extremes, using hard drugs, etc. will burn you and thus many do go through life not snorting lines or shooting up hard drugs.

Most of the current day opioid users are people who were given Big Pharma heroin legally. Maybe we as a country miss judged just how addictive those substances could be? Another group of users are just party people. First it is usually drinking, then smoking, then onto other mind altering substances. The reasons why are many: Peer pressure, bleak future due to lack of jobs/education, just an internal desire/craving to 'try it once', etc.. Lets not also forget that Mexican drug cartels were making around 2/3rds of their money off marijuana in the past (so I read/heard). As more and more states started to ease restrictions on marijuana, they needed to replace that money. Meth was good, but then they discovered that heroin was much more addictive. Then they found out they could make it a lot more potent/stronger than the stuff coming out of Afghanistan, thus making sure more people who fall victim to the one and done quick addiction. All these things combined to make a perfect storm, and now here we are. Unfortunately these drugs physically change a person's brain. I hear for some the cravings never go away, ever. I knew people who worked at a Methadone clinic. Professional, educated people would come in early because they worked good jobs. The losers would be the ones demanding entry one minute after closing. So some people can get off of it and still be productive members of society, but they have to maintain with methadone. And one other thing, heroin has been an issue in some major cities for a while now, but now that it is harming "good" suburban and rural kids, now all of a sudden I'm seeing more focus on the drug.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Over the last half century or so, little by little, the US has become a nation where certain actions that could be dangerous were either not done or at least criticized and the actors shamed. Maybe it was mean, maybe it was cruel, and maybe for some actions it shouldn't have been that way. We seem to now come to a point where no actions can be criticized.

^^^^X1000^^^^

The problem now is that you can't shame people who have no shame.

Top Bottom