• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Luke76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    A: Contributions, gifts, or membership dues made or paid to the National Rifle Association of America are not refundable or transferable and are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes.

So why would Bass Pro Shops be any different?:dunno:

I don't think the NRA paid full price for the cards, but it doesn't matter. They are looking for more numbers.

EDIT: All signed up, thanks OP for the link. I like the EPL lifetime member option, going to do that next year probably.

I don't think Bass Pro Shops can write it off as charitable, but they can probably write it off as marketing and deduct it as a cost of doing business.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can't help but wonder how these NRA "deals" come to be. The purpose of joining is to use that money to fight anti-gunner's causes.

This deal is clearly a loss.

Its clearly a win. The NRA isn't hurting for funds, and trust me, once you are a member they send you plenty of chances to send them more money.

Its a huge political gain if they can say they had a big increase in membership after Sandy Hook. Do you think Congress pays attention to them because of their revenue, or because of the number of members they have influence with?

"Hello Senator X, just a reminder, NRA memberships increased 7% in the month immediately after Sandy Hook, obviously the American people are onboard with us."

vs.

"Hello Senator X, our membership declined 7% after Sandy Hook, but our revenues have never been stronger".

Which gets Senator X to pay more attention?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Its clearly a win. The NRA isn't hurting for funds, and trust me, once you are a member they send you plenty of chances to send them more money.

Its a huge political gain if they can say they had a big increase in membership after Sandy Hook. Do you think Congress pays attention to them because of their revenue, or because of the number of members they have influence with?

"Hello Senator X, just a reminder, NRA memberships increased 7% in the month immediately after Sandy Hook, obviously the American people are onboard with us."

vs.

"Hello Senator X, our membership declined 7% after Sandy Hook, but our revenues have never been stronger".

Which gets Senator X to pay more attention?

Membership equates to voters, and when you can lay numbers on a table and say "X" amount of new members are voters in your district, it can make a legislator really peer over his glasses with a little more awareness.

Top Bottom