• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Meeting this Tuesday (10/25)

The next 2nd Amendment Patriots North meeting will be held on Tuesday Oct 25th at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held at:

Kodiak Firing Range & Training Facility, Inc.

4611 S Burnett Dr

South Bend, IN 46614

574 299-8000

www.kodiakrange.com

Kodiak Firing Range is offered as a meeting place for 2A Patriots North thru the generosity of Mr. Mike Zimmerman (Owner). Thanks Mike for your hospitality.

We will be having Beans, Franks and Cornbread at the meeting -- so come hungry. If you desire, you may bring a couple of soft drinks to share. I have even had someone volunteer to bring cookies. If someone wants to bring extra cornbread; feel free! Come and enjoy a good time (and food) with your fellow Patriots.

After the meeting I will probably spend a little time on the range. The range will be open after the meeting, so bring your guns. Kodiak has frangible ammo for sale (this is the only kind that can be used on the range).

Some items that we will be discussing at the meeting are:

1. Mark Vanderberg of Gun Rights Radio Network will be presenting a report.
    2. Several individuals will present a report on the EXCELLENT "Introduction to Defensive Handgun Level 1 Course" that we completed this week. The class was taught by Norm Hood and John from Kodiak Range (sorry, I don't know John's last name). I feel the class was well worth my time and effort and I learned a lot.
    3. It has been suggested that our group consider some sort of public service project. This will be opened to the group for discussion.
    4. Len Grummell will be giving a presentation on "Holsters -- Why they are necessary." I am sure this will be an interesting and worthwhile presentation.
    5. Kodiak Range will be reviewing some of their upcoming training classes.
    6. We will have a short discussion considering the merits of "Open Carry" vs. "Concealed Carry". I know this is a subject that many gun owners feel passionate about. So we will have a respectful, considerate discussion considering the merits of both sides of the issue. The discussion will be limited to 20 minutes.

If you have any suggestions for the meeting agenda, please let me know. I want these meetings to be as interesting, informative and entertaining as possible.

Respectfully Submitted:

Dennis Whittaker

gpbrooks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    South Bend
    First Meeting

Attended my first meeting last night. It was very informative and I even witnessed a calm and civil OC/CC discussion . :rockwoot:
    Looking forward to the next meeting.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    John's last name is Pemberton. That intro class was a lot of fun when I took it, but John wasn't around the whole time so Norm did about 95% of the class himself.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    Glad I could combine 2 of my favorites in one night....anything to do with guns and BACON! You can bet the bacon thing will be a regular thing. I'm thinking maybe next month go all out with a BACON EXPLOSION...still haven't tried to make one yet.

Every month I'm glad I get to spend a night of great info/discussion with a bunch of like minded good guys/gals.

I was really surprised how civil the OC vs CC section of the meeting went. +1 to Hoosierdood for his articulate well thought out comments about OC. I was expecting some serious blow back, but he pretty much shot holes in most of the myths. Once again, I think everyone felt at ease and realized you need to find out which method of carry works best for you and you alone. I'm just glad to know there are quite a few of us that are in the OC corner and go about our daily lives responsibly to make it a more common site.

gglass....pretty cool that I've played softball with Mike for the past 2 summers and didn't have a clue he is your son. He is a great guy and proves the old saying the apple doesn't fall far from the tree....and he hits the hell out of a softball like nobody I've ever seen!

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Attended my first meeting last night. It was very informative and I even witnessed a calm and civil OC/CC discussion . :rockwoot:
    Looking forward to the next meeting.

The OC/CC discussion was good. I was waiting for people to get (*) and start calling names. I was a little disappointed at the civility of it all. :D And the food was good until Lance walked in with the bacon. That just made it better!

9166922.jpg

Also, it's great to see so many new faces at the meetings. It seems that our ranks grow a little more each month.

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    I, to attended the meeting and it was a "jaw dropping" experience to hear such a civil discussion of OC vs CC. It was also very refreshing. No bruises or black eyes :laugh: A lot of very good information was dispersed, especially on a more local basis.

And, though the bacon was good, the M&M cookies were better. :rockwoot:

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    And, though the bacon was good, the M&M cookies were better. :rockwoot:

How about bacon wrapped M&M cookies next time!?!?

I admit that I must be conditioned by the interwebz when it comes to "debating" OC vs CC because I surrounded myself with the biggest guys that were pro OC in the room....just in case.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Most people aren't as big an ******* in real life as they are on the internet. There are likely a few exceptions.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I'm going to call:bs:. A civil OC/CC debate that is not how it works on the internet.

No BS :bs: That is just how it works when everyone is ARMED. :D

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    Quote: Robert A. Heinlein

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    gglass....pretty cool that I've played softball with Mike for the past 2 summers and didn't have a clue he is your son. He is a great guy and proves the old saying the apple doesn't fall far from the tree....and he hits the hell out of a softball like nobody I've ever seen!

Thanks for the compliment... He is a fine young man. You should have seen him hit Wiffle balls over the house when he was just 3 years old. We knew from the start which sport was his destiny.

apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I was there as well. Actually a little nervous since there were two that rsvp and I was one of them. Very professional and well done. Some of the nicest people I have met since I moved here 10 yrs ago. Very refreshing to talk to like minded people.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    As before, it was a good meeting. Len gave us good info on the Indiana constitution. The BACON By Lance was UBER GOOD and the OC/CC was well done. The Right Rev. Hoosierdood presented a well thought out and, IMO, correct debunking of the OC myths. He did, however, fail to rebut the 5 year old girl theory. Be prepared next meeting, Hoosierdood.

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    @ meetings ago we had a Mourdock for senate rep...

...brief us on his campaign.

Here's a chance to get up close and personal.

Have you been hearing great things about Richard Mourdock?
    Now’s your chance to meet him and find out!
    Christine Murdock and Kelly Havens
    are hosting a
    Richard Mourdock
    for U.S. Senate
    Spaghetti Dinner
    Wed, November 16
    6:00 spaghetti buffet
    7:00 Richard Mourdock
    answers your questions
    VFW Hall
    1307 East Jefferson Blvd.
    Mishawaka
    $10 unlimited spaghetti, salad, breadsticks, drinks and desserts
    Donations of $100 or more – We’ll seat you and your party right up front!
    RSVPOnly 120 seats available –reserve your space today!
    Call Jenny at (317) 248-2012 or email Jennifer@RichardMourdock.com
    (We will make an effort to accommodate all last-minute arrivals)
    Come hear why Richard Mourdock is the clear choice for Senate.
    You’ll be glad you did!

Top Bottom