• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    11/29/11 Meeting

The next 2nd Amendment Patriots North meeting will be held on Tuesday Nov 29th at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held at:

Kodiak Firing Range & Training Facility, Inc.
    4611 S Burnett Dr
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com

Kodiak Firing Range is offered as a meeting place for 2A Patriots North thru the generosity of Mr. Mike Zimmerman (Owner). Thanks Mike for your hospitality.

This month's meeting will include a pot-luck carry in supper. If possible, please bring a covered dish for several people. However, don't stay home if you have nothing to bring. I have a feeling there will be plenty of food for everyone.

Still working on some last-minute additions to the agenda.

Bring your guns -- I intend to spend some time on the range after the meeting. If you don't have a gun and are thinking of purchasing one, someone on the range will probably be ready to answer any questions you might have. We have a lot of nice people in our group who are more than willing to pass some of their knowledge along.

See you Tuesday.

Dennis Whittaker

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I'm thinking maybe a small chick-fil-a nugget tray may find its way into my truck as I get off the bypass.....still haven't figured out if I'll share or not though. See you guys in a bit!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Latest from Denny Whitaker regarding current meeting schedule, etc.

Merry Christmas to our all our friends at 2nd Amendment Patriots North.

Thank you for your help and support this year. It was a great year. The efforts of each one of you are deeply appreciated.

May God bless each one of you in 2012.

Don't forget, there is no 2nd APN meeting this month. Next meeting will be 6:30 PM on January 31, 2012.

The gun grabbing forces are gearing up for a major effort to take away our 2nd amendment rights next year. Let's be alert and united. Already Indiana State Senator John Broden (District 10) has sent out a questionnaire with one of the questions intended to whip up hysteria against prohibiting local politicians from enacting gun laws that violate the 2nd Amendment. John is also Democratic Chairman for St Joseph County. He replaced the one that got caught with the Obama petition fraud.

More details on this effort will follow in another email. We need to contact John Broden and tell him in no uncertain terms to leave the new state law alone. More details to follow.

In the meantime, let's enjoy CHRISTmas.

Dennis Whittaker

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    January Meeting Notes

The next 2nd Amendment Patriots North meeting will be held on Tuesday Jan 31st at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held at:

4611 S Burnett Dr
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com

Kodiak Firing Range is offered as a meeting place for 2A Patriots North thru the generosity of Mr. Mike Zimmerman (Owner). Thanks Mike for your hospitality.

Don't forget -- this is a potluck dinner so, if possible please bring a covered dish. If you are unable to bring food, please attend anyway. We always seem to have plenty of food.

Our subject this month is "HOME DEFENSE". I think you will find the topic quite interesting and we hope we can provide information that will help keep you and your family safer.

After the meeting we will be showing a DVD video for those who are interested.

See you on the 31st and stay safe.

2nd Amendment Patriots North
    Dennis Whittaker

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Please verify the date of the Patriot meeting at Kodiak in South Bend In.

This is the day and time.

The next 2nd Amendment Patriots North meeting will be held on Tuesday Jan 31st at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held at:

4611 S Burnett Dr
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com

Don't forget -- this is a potluck dinner so, if possible please bring a covered dish. If you are unable to bring food, please attend anyway. We always seem to have plenty of food.

Our subject this month is "HOME DEFENSE". I think you will find the topic quite interesting and we hope we can provide information that will help keep you and your family safer.

See you on the 31st and stay safe.

Dennis Whittaker

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I would have attended, unfortunately I had class starting at 6:00 over at IUSB, didn't get out until about 8:30. At that time, it's time to go home and see the family.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    February Meeting

The next 2nd Amendment Patriots North meeting will be held on Tuesday Feb 28th at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held at:

4611 S Burnett Dr
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com

See you on the 28th and stay safe.

Dennis Whittaker

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    February meeting minutes

Many thanks to everyone who showed up for last night's meeting.

We had several great discussions, good food and a chance to enjoy each other's company. I think we really have a great bunch of people showing up for our meetings. Thank you everyone.

One of the items discussed last night was police traffic stops. You may want to print a copy of IC 35-47-14-3 and keep it with your vehicle registration. This part of the code involves the seizure of firearms from an individual believed to be "dangerous". Why anyone would be considered "dangerous" who has a valid Indiana LTC is beyond me. Especially when he advised the officer (without being asked) that he had a valid LTC and weapon in his possession. Do "dangerous" criminals do that? Incidentally, I believe this area of the code could be upgraded by requiring the officer to give the person involved a receipt for the items taken. In places like St Joe County with lots of dishonest politicians -- you may never get your weapon back again.

In a case involving an Indiana State Trooper, the victim is alleged to have been ordered to draw his weapon while seated in a vehicle and hand it to the State Trooper. I don't see how this could have been done without the muzzle of the gun being pointed in an unsafe direction. It is very difficult to withdraw a gun from a holster sitting in a car with heavy winter clothing on. In addition to being concerned about his own safety, the trooper should have been concerned about the safety of the car occupants also. At the very least, he could have had the "dangerous" individual step out of the car.

At the end of the traffic stop, the Trooper returned the gun, ammo and magazines and told the driver not to reload his weapon. Apparently he was still considered "dangerous". What do LTC holders have to do to convince some people that we are the "good guys"?

Thanks everyone for your great support for Second Amendment Patriots North.

God Bless and stay safe.

Dennis Whittaker

Top Bottom