• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The next 2nd Amendment Patriots North meeting will be held on Tuesday March 27th at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held at:

Kodiak Firing Range & Training Facility, Inc.
    4611 S Burnett Dr
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com

Kodiak Firing Range is offered as a meeting place for 2A Patriots North thru the generosity of Mr. Mike Zimmerman (Owner). Thanks Mike for your hospitality.

Don't forget -- this is a potluck dinner so, if possible please bring a covered dish. If you are unable to bring food, please attend anyway. We always seem to have plenty of food.

See you on the 27th and stay safe.

2nd Amendment Patriots North
    Dennis Whittaker

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Glad to attend my first meeting. Sorry I was too late to socialize and had to leave early before the video. Hope to spend more time next meeting. Forgot to ask about any contributions the group takes to put this on.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Meeting tomorrow, 4/24/12

The next 2nd Amendment Patriots North meeting will be held on Tuesday April 24th at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held at:

4611 S Burnett Dr
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com

Kodiak Firing Range is offered as a meeting place for 2A Patriots North thru the generosity of Mr. Mike Zimmerman (Owner). Thanks Mike for your hospitality.

On the 24th I will be attending the last class session of DEFENSIVE HANDGUN LEVEL 2 taught by Norm Hood. This is a really excellent class and I recommend it highly. You won't find a level of instruction that is better anywhere. Thanks Norm for the great job you are doing. Because of the class I will be unable to attend this meeting. Don't worry however, we have a "volunteer" to run the meeting that knows a whole lot more than me. It will be worth your while to come to the meeting.

Don't forget -- this is a potluck dinner so, if possible please bring a covered dish. If you are unable to bring food, please attend anyway. We always seem to have plenty of food.

See you on the 24th and stay safe.

Dennis Whittaker

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I don't think I'll be able to make tomorrows meeting due to my son's baseball practice. I've been recruited to be the coach, so no ducking out of practice. Hard to believe this will be the first meeting I'm unable to attend. Can't wait for next months meeting.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I'm kind of in the same boat as Lance. I won't be there tonight either. This will be the first one I've missed. Of course, I would have been disappointed if I had actually showed up and Lance didn't bring chicken nuggets from Chik-Fil-A. :D

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    How long do these go? I have a conflict every 4th Tuesday (except June-Aug) that finishes at 7:00PM (then a half hour travel). Is it worth my effort to come?

Certainly do want to participate, support the cause, etc.

Thanks,

ilovemyjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I don't think I'll be able to make tomorrows meeting due to my son's baseball practice. I've been recruited to be the coach, so no ducking out of practice. Hard to believe this will be the first meeting I'm unable to attend. Can't wait for next months meeting.

You are excused and you get a gold star for doing the coaching! And as for the chicken nuggets from chik filet....mentioned....we stopped there on the way in, and they were yummy!!

As for the meeting, Len was the moderator/speaker/entertainment. As always it was educational, informational, and there was quite a bit of open discussion on a variety of topics. Good meeting.

apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    You guys should start a page on Facebook. Almost everyone has a Facebook account it might get even more of the word out about your great group.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I don't play on Facebook but I will start attending the meetings..

FWIW (as a side note) I'm gonna be there thursday evening w/ my wife and a friend from work.. he might bring his girlfriend.

I'll be the guy w/ the basney honda shirt/hat on. Feel free to say hi if you happen to be there.. I'll probably show up around 6:30

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May Meeting

I would hazard a guess there will be a discussion of the open carry pancake breakfast last weekend and other fun topics. See ya there, Patriots!

The next 2nd Amendment Patriots North meeting will be held on Tuesday May 29th at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held at:

4611 S Burnett Dr
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I'm so mad my kid has a baseball game next Tuesday and I cannot make the meeting. I'm sure it is going to be a rather interesting one with all the happenings in the area. First, I'm in Texas for the pancake breakfast and miss out on that, and now my kid as a baseball game on the last Tuesday of the month.....KILLIN' ME!!!!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The meeting last night...

Many thanks to everyone who attended last night's 2A Patriot North meeting.

I enjoyed the discussions and the report Len presented on the UN Gun Grab. This was a rather difficult subject to research -- since members of this committee are deliberately keeping the wording of the measure hidden as best they can. This is another item similar to the Obama Healthcare Slave Act -- they hid what was actually in the bill until they could push it thru. Rest assured; there is nothing good in this UN Small Arms Treaty.

Also, thank you to everyone who brought food last night.

I really enjoyed the discussion, fellowship and -- oh yes: the food.

Dennis Whittaker
    Second Amendment Patriots North

Other topics of discussion included the Marine denied the right to vote by St. Joseph County officials for carrying, and the ensuing open carry group attending the pancake breakfast fundraiser at the Warren Twp. FD (polling place where the incident occured).

The INGO Meet and Shoot on 6/9/12 at Kodiak Range https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/216013-north_central_indiana_ingo_event_june_9th.html

Training classes upcoming at Kodiak and the fact that FMJ ammo is now OK on the steel range:rockwoot:.

Thanks,

Stocks

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Hey guys. I would be very interested in coming to a meeting. Would it be okay if I show up?

Nope. Its invitationthe only. The only way to get an invitation is to find a special golden ticket inside specially marked boxes of ammo available at Kodiak range.

Really, everyone is invited. Its always the last Tuesday of the month at 6:30. Bring food if you can but we always have plenty anyway.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Meeting notice

The next 2nd Amendment Patriots North meeting will be held on Tuesday June 26th (tomorrow) at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held at:

4611 S Burnett Dr
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com

Will be discussing some items of concern mentioned in an email from State Senator Jim Tomes and some of the latest threats to our 2nd Amendment Rights.

See you on the 26th and stay safe.

Dennis Whittaker

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Notice for UTAH carry permit class

I know thsi should probably go somewhere else but I figured this will target the right people. (No pun intended).

Utah course info:

11803.jpg

The class time for the Utah course will be 6pm to 10pm on Aug 8th

Utah Concealed Firearms Permit, John E. Pemberton Cost: $85

Class Size: 30
    Date: August 8th 2012
    Required Items:
    • Valid Driver's License
    • State Firearm Carry Permit
    • Good Attitude
    Additional Information:
    The below items to be sent to the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) after the course;
    • An additional $51 paid to the state of Utah.
    • Applicant Fingerprint Card (Provided during the course)
    • One recent color photo of passport quality (2X2, no hats or sunglasses please)
    • Valid Driver's License
    • Valid State Firearm Carry Permit
    States Valid:
    AK, AL, AR, AZ, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT*, WA, WI, WV, WY

574-299-8000
    4611 South Burnett Drive
    South Bend, IN 46614
    www.kodiakrange.com
    If you prefer not to receive more emails of this type, follow this link:
    http://tms.ezfacility.com/OnlineRegistrations/OptOut.aspx?Email=jfw46544%40fourway.net&Type=EmailBlasts

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Special guests coming to the meeting tomorrow

The next 2nd Amendment Patriots North meeting will be held on Tuesday July 31st at 6:30 PM. This promises to be a very interesting and exciting meeting. The meeting will be held at:

4611 S Burnett Dr
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com

We are scheduled to have a special guest at our next meeting -- Mr Joshua Falzone. Mr. Falzone is the NRA representative for our area. As you know, the NRA is fighting for our rights with this current UN gun grab action. It is important that we support EVERYONE who is fighting for our Second Amendment rights in this desperate fight.

I have received word that Bryan Ciyou will also be attending the meeting. Bryan is the Indianapolis attorney who authored the book "Indiana firearms Law Reference Manual, Third Edition". A copy of this book should be on every shooters bookshelf. Bryan has recently released his latest book: "2012 Edition Guns Laws By State". Again this is an excellent reference manual if you intend to carry in other states. State gun laws vary widely from some of the very relaxed western states (and Indiana) to backward third-world countries like Illinois and New York who don't honor the US Constitution.

I look forward to hearing what Bryan has prepared for us.

See you on the 31st and stay safe.

Dennis Whittaker

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Meeting agenda

I just got this in an email. It's the agenda fopr the meeting tomotrrow night, July 31st.

Second Amendment
    Patriots North​
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are
    neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes,
    such laws make things worse for the assaulted
    and better for the assailants.”
    Thomas Jefferson 1764​
    Meeting Agenda for 7-31-2012​
    1. Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
    2. Introductions and purpose of meeting.
    a. News
    1. Handout “Scalia and the Second Amendment”
    2. UN Gun Grab – stopped for now; will emerge in another form.
    3. Aurora Theater Shooting – Is this “Fast & Furious 2”? Did the government give the
    killer $26,000 with no accounting how he spent it? Were they setting him up to kill US
    citizens like F&F 1 in hopes of a public outcry for ratification of the UN treaty?
    b. Safety – safety related announcements.
    c. Survey – if you have a valid, current Indiana License to Carry please complete the
    anonymous survey and turn it in.
    3. Announcement of upcoming events:
    a. Training opportunities at Kodiak Range.
    b. Email distribution list for 2A Patriots North. Signup sheet will be circulated.
    c. Meetings (announcements and reports).
    4. Special Guest: Mr. Joshua Falzone of the NRA.
    5. Special Guest: Mr. Bryan L. Ciyou of Ciyou & Dixon, P.C.​

Top Bottom