• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Several years ago I was at the 1500 looking for a Springfield EMP , found one with a good price from a gentleman with a shop in Vincennes, so with money in hand I filled out the paperwork. He informed that he was told it was a 3 day wait to be approved. Since I lived in Indy at the time I just cancelled not wanting to make the long drive (never did get an EMP, wish I would have made the drive). I have purchased several handguns from LGS and have never had to wait. At the 1500 it seems like a crap shoot, I might get it, I might have to wait. I think it might be because of the volume of calls that the Gestopo receives for approval that they just kind-of half-ass it and maybe flip a coin. Anybody else have problems like this at a big gun show like the 1500?:dunno:

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    never had to wait at either LGS or 1500.

On a side note when ever i get run through NICS for a gun purchase i always get paranoid that i will get flagged or put on hold. I have absolutely no reason to be flagged but it still makes me nervous.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I would wait 2 weeks if that helped keep guns out of non responsible peoples hands. I think it is a little too convenient for anyone without a felony to purchase a handgun and leave with it in 10 min. Lets say a known felon wants a handgun, and he knows his girlfriends mother (or whoever) has no felonies and has no idea of gun laws. Its just a little too easy to walk in and out with a pistol. Now If they had to do paperwork then go back in 5-10 days it might be too much of a hassle for people that dont care about firearms to want to mess with.
    Are YOU kidding????? We used to WAIT, still people murdered.... The In. LTCH, USED to meet ALL the Fed. req., we walked in flashed our pink card, and filled out the form, and walked out ..... Now we fill out the form, and wait for a phone call, to see if "big brother" will approve us AFTER buying firearms, for 20-30 years .....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I would wait 2 weeks if that helped keep guns out of non responsible peoples hands. I think it is a little too convenient for anyone without a felony to purchase a handgun and leave with it in 10 min. Lets say a known felon wants a handgun, and he knows his girlfriends mother (or whoever) has no felonies and has no idea of gun laws. Its just a little too easy to walk in and out with a pistol. Now If they had to do paperwork then go back in 5-10 days it might be too much of a hassle for people that dont care about firearms to want to mess with.

Do you also advocate waiting periods to buy vehicles? You can certainly kill a multitude of people with your car...

How about advocating a waiting period to purchase a new set of kitchen cutlery or a little 2.5" blade pocket knife? You can certainly kill a multitude of people with all manner of knives...

How about crowbars?

Baseball bats?

Hammers?

What do you think should be done to keep the above tools out of the hands of those bent on using them for evil?

How about instituting waiting periods before we're able to exercise our freedom of speech?

How about instituting waiting periods before we're able to exercise our freedom of religion?

How about instituting waiting periods before we're able to be secure in our persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures?

Etcetera ad. infinitum.

Put your flame suit on, buddy. You've done stepped in it.

-J-

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    The wait was standard back then. I bought my first "real" pistol, a Taurus .38 Special, at one of our K Marts in about 1980. After I picked it up and shot it I thought there was problem with the sights and took it back. They handed me a new one out of the case.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Who sent you here...?

:popcorn:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

Do you also advocate waiting periods to buy vehicles? You can certainly kill a multitude of people with your car...

How about advocating a waiting period to purchase a new set of kitchen cutlery or a little 2.5" blade pocket knife? You can certainly kill a multitude of people with all manner of knives...

How about crowbars?

Baseball bats?

Hammers?

What do you think should be done to keep the above tools out of the hands of those bent on using them for evil?

How about instituting waiting periods before we're able to exercise our freedom of speech?

How about instituting waiting periods before we're able to exercise our freedom of religion?

How about instituting waiting periods before we're able to be secure in our persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures?

Etcetera ad. infinitum.

Put your flame suit on, buddy. You've done stepped in it.

-J-

Who sent you here...?

:popcorn:

:popcorn: aaaaaaaaand here we go...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I would wait 2 weeks if that helped keep guns out of non responsible peoples hands...

There are many just like you who are more than willing to give up countless liberties chasing after the elusive notion of safety.

In the end, you possess neither... as deserved.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    When I was 21, and bought my FIRST handgun, back in 1977, I waited, I can't remember how many days, but I WAITED ..... :twocents:

It was a seven day waiting period on handguns at that time, the forms were filled out in triplicate one we kept one we sent to the county sheriff and one to ISP if we heard no objections after 7 days you got your firearm.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I remember the wait.....:(

Two weeks ago, walked into a LGS at noon over my lunch break. Saw a semi-auto pistol I've been looking for. "I'd like THAT one!" Phone call made. Proceed. Exchanged funds for pistol. Back to work. Took all of 20 minutes inside the shop. Gotta love it! :patriot:

ol' poke

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN

Maybe we should have a 5-10 day waiting period for posts on the forum. So that people with the same mindset as you might think it's too much of a hassle to post.
    Heck with that logic why not make it a 1 year waiting period for gun purchases and make it even more of a hassle for everybody.
    I get so frustrated when even so called gun supporters think it's ok to trample on our 2A rights.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom