• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Since I'm not real sure how the NICS process works on the other side of the call and I'm also not real sure what you were saying in your first sentence. However, if you're saying that the operators are so busy they just default to allow the gun sale to go ahead when they aren't sure then there is definitely something interesting about that.

Most people are proceed right up front. if there is something that is questionable, they go to a second step. During this second step is a more qualified person who looks deeper into the background of the person in question. If they are busy and do not have time to look thoroughly, they will NOT say "proceed" even if this person has been a proceed every other time.
    NEVER did I say they default and "let the sale go ahead". They will delay every time they don't have time to look thoroughly.

My post was a question...

does he always got to a second step and the NICS operators were so busy they didn't have time to look thoroughly and say "Proceed"?

see the question mark there at the end. I was trying to see if it is for a second step and on that day they were busy and could not say proceed like normal.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Doesn't matter how long the law-abiders wait... the NON-law-abiders will get what they want right when they want it.
    That's the whole "non-abiding" part... Keep that in mind.
    had to get UPN now no delay:n00b::n00b:
    Don't get too uppity with that notion... I've seen UPINs delayed, too!
    MUCH to the dismay of the individual who applied, paid, & waited for the number!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Doesn't matter how long the law-abiders wait... the NON-law-abiders will get what they want right when they want it.
    That's the whole "non-abiding" part... Keep that in mind.
    Don't get too uppity with that notion... I've seen UPINs delayed, too!
    MUCH to the dismay of the individual who applied, paid, & waited for the number!

haven't been yet....

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I got delayed for an hour and a half yesterday, gun shop called me when I was about 5 minutes from my house saying I was good to go, so I had to turn around and make my hour drive back to get my gun.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    In the early Brady day's wasn't the delay for the non-licensed or everyone? Was it a 14 day then reduced to 7 or 5 days wait also? Not sure what the delay ever accomplished. The wrong folks want a gun their going to get one, no matter what. Outlaws are just that non-law abiding. Laws are for honest people.

Top Bottom