3 US Marines take down gunman firing AK-47 on train in France.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Depends by whom. :dunno:
    You could say the same about Americans too.Obviously not all Europeans are anti-Americans.

People who try to kill others are viewed negatively.I don't think race or nationality has anything to do with that.

I remember taxis not wanting to pick up thin black Americans because they were afraid they were African and thus would not pay. Once they learned they were American they were happy to pick them up. That was in the Mid East. Italy seemed the same with the Africans selling trinkets on blankets on the sidewalk. People from Morroco or Sudan were usually not as respected as, say, an Egyptian, and there were no bones made about it. It was just the way it was.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Even as an American, from my perspective, when I saw the description as "Moroccan", I am 99% sure of the race, if you will, of the person doing the shooting. Contrast this with a lot of American news reporting on similar incidents, and they go out of their way to avoid any description that might lead the reader to know what race the perpetrator is.

At the same time you always see race being brought up in US media when you see stuff like " cop shoots unarmed black teen".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    At the same time you always see race being brought up in US media when you see stuff like " cop shoots unarmed black teen".

Yeah...that's because of the political aspect. I should have been more precise in my previous statement and less PC: When a non-Causasion person commits such crimes, they will generally avoid mentioning races. However when certain political patterns align that generate headlines, and if they're lucky, protests, then yeah: "White Cops Shoots Unarmed Black Teen".

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Don't forget the giant-sized kahunas!

It was mentioned in the French press that those Marines "had balls".
    Well it was reported speech from one of the witnesses who saw two Marines jump on the guy. :):

Looks like that's one of the wounded Marines.

CM85pzhWoAECbRH.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    CNN framing.

CM9_G1bXAAEk503.jpg:large

Does the guy on the right really have his pen in his mouth? First time on a crime scene, rook? Why don't you just lick the corpse?

Someone run this through Google translate and send it to him: hands touch nasty stuff, hands touch pen, pen touches mouth, mouth touches nasty stuff.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Does the guy on the right really have his pen in his mouth? First time on a crime scene, rook? Why don't you just lick the corpse?

Someone run this through Google translate and send it to him: hands touch nasty stuff, hands touch pen, pen touches mouth, mouth touches nasty stuff.

I'm on it! :):
    He could be writing with the pen in his mouth and never touch it with his hands though. :dunno:
    Maybe that's a technique you can learn.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Doesn't look like he has gloves on. Maybe he's just the bag-boy.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    First, good job and Semper Fi!

Second, according to AP as of 2059 the AK was never fired. It was a pistol. Link: News from The Associated Press

It would appear that one (1) wound came from a pistol of some kind and the other came from a knife.

There was a passenger from New York who was on the train and took pics with her cell phone, so we may have some pictures soon.

Doug

Top Bottom