38 super pointed at my chest and trigger pulled.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Sounds like the poster children for gun control. You definitely handeld the situation as well as it could be handled. To bad we don't have mandatory firearms saftey classes in our educational curriculum.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Sounds like the poster children for gun control. You definitely handeld the situation as well as it could be handled. To bad we don't have mandatory firearms saftey classes in our educational curriculum.

More like the poster child for reinforcing stereotypes and what "gang members" look like.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Anyone who acts like that deserves it and he was such a gun Idiot he would have never found a box of 38 super anyway he would have been trying to stick 38spl in it lol.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    Handled it like a pro. I'm 24 years old and i know what you mean by kids being obnoxious in gun stores. I think they've seen too many gangster movies... The part about calling it a ''Kimberly'' was hilarious. It's kids like those that make me carry a 1911.

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove

I'm more than impressed with how you handled this situation, it says a lotabout you as a person! Based on what you said, I don't see that you didanything wrong and it seems that you did everything just as you should have.

As far as them coming back.. I don't think you'll have to worry about Mr.Trigger-Happy coming back, I think you may have hurt his pride and embarrassedhim too bad, but with the fact that some (or all) of them live just down thestreet, the chances of at least a few of them coming back seems probable. Withthat said I would make sure all of my employees are aware of the situation andhow you, as an owner want it handled.

Based on how you described these kids; "fidgety" or"anxious" they very well may have been high... do you have any signagestating individuals under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs are notpermitted? If I were in your shoes and they came back I would calmly pull themaside and quietly lay the guidelines of the shop out for them, give them onemore chance but make sure they are aware that's all they have; one chance! Takeinto consideration that these kids appear to have absolutely no firearm knowledgewhat so ever and you may be the only person to ever give it to them, and thatbit of knowledge may someday save a life!

Sorry, didn't mean to get all liberal on you there at the end but I feelthat most times people deserve a second chance... just my opinion :) Eitherway, stellar job on how you handled this!

neverenough83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    To the OP you definitely have more patience than I would have had. I don't believe I would have let them have "play" time if that was my shop.

harry1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    South Bend
    If they come back ask them all for I.D. and tell them you have to run back ground checks on them before you can sell them anything. Bet that gets rid of them

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I'd have thrown them out on their ear, physically if need be, and probably cussed them up into a little pile. A better person than me might have referred them to an NRA class or instructing range in the area. But not me, I don't have the patience or inclination to deal with city kids.

We were all stupid at that age, most of us just had the advantage of a parent or a drill sergeant teaching us to not be stupid with guns. Maybe they can be salvaged if someone puts some time in them. Probably not, but at least it would give them a chance.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    To bad we don't have mandatory firearms saftey classes in our educational curriculum.

Or at least before you are allowed to purchase or handle a firearm. These uneducated fools give all other legal gun owners a bad reputation and their mistakes are usually the one that provide ammunition for the gun-control advocates. We, as the responsible gun-owning community, should be pushing for mandatory safety courses to reduce the number of irresponsible gun owners and to make sure all gun owners have heard the basic safety rules at least once.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Or at least before you are allowed to purchase or handle a firearm. These uneducated fools give all other legal gun owners a bad reputation and their mistakes are usually the one that provide ammunition for the gun-control advocates. We, as the responsible gun-owning community, should be pushing for mandatory safety courses to reduce the number of irresponsible gun owners and to make sure all gun owners have heard the basic safety rules at least once.

and other restrictions?

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    and other restrictions?

Not sure what you mean. Are you proposing other restrictions?

I was simply saying that there should be a bare minimum safety course requirement. I know many of us grew up around firearms and have been taught proper firearm safety. But there are also many that have not and have never been told not to point an unloaded weapon, etc. like the youngster that the original poster encountered. It could have cost him his life if there had been a round in the chamber.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I was simply saying that there should be a [x] requirement.
    No. Sorry, but definitely no.
    I'm not saying that safety (or other) training isn't an excellent idea to pursue on your own...I'm saying it should not be a requirement of ownership.

Again, to sum it up if I wasn't clear - No.

Top Bottom