• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Have to say that I have had great luck with Rock Island and Springfield 1991A1 models. Reasonable price, and all that I have had ate everything I fed them. I think they are great for an entry 1911.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    All depends what you want to do with the gun, I have several 1911's 1 Para Ordanace and several Colts, all are great guns, very accurate, but a bit bulky to conceal, also have a Glock 30, easy to conceal, but not my best shooter. I also have a Ruger p97 (Ugly Gun), not a bad shooter not too bad to conceal and not a real exspensive gun, especially if you can get one used. They all have a purpose, what are you looking for?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    As already stated, it depends on how you're looking to use it. I will second the Rock Island 1911. Excellent shooters, eats anything, and they are very, very reasonably priced. I also like the M&P 45 and they also have a concealed carry model 45c. They are also reasonably priced. Good luck.

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Go to a range that rents pistols. Handle some of the rentals, rent the ones that feel good in your hands.. shoot them, see what you like.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm picking up a SS Taurus PT845 via transfer from Bud's Guns for 412.00.
    I'm expecting it to be the same great shooter that it's little brother the PT809 (9mm) is.

Taurus also will be releasing both a 4.5 inch and 6 inch .22LR conversion to fit the 800 series guns that will turn it into a fun plinker. Going to get the 6 inch as soon as it's out.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    For a 45 ACP my first choice is always going to be a 1911, there are so many manufacturers but I always suggest Springfield Armory & the Rock Islands have a pretty loyal following.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Go to a range that rents pistols. Handle some of the rentals, rent the ones that feel good in your hands.. shoot them, see what you like.

^ This. Asking a vague question will only give you a thousand answers. Go to a store, check out the various grips and models, check out a range with renting capability and try the ones you like best. What works for me, may not work for everyone else.

Glock 30 all day!

Heck, yes! Lots of folks are actually more accurate with the compact Glox than the fullsize ones. I know, I was more accurate with the G30 and G26 than the G21 and G17. But the G30 is perfect in my mind. Compact enough to carry, excellent accuracy, good recoil spring system to suck the snap out of .45 in a compact gun, TONS of sight and carry options and is resistant to limpwristing unlike the G36. It's like a lighterweight, more options, heavy duty, non-cast frame, non-finicky compact Para! :D

The G30 to me is like the ultimate civilian combat pistol: Great for protection, excellent for general shooting, compact enough to carry and has more capacity than a 1911 (though I carry a 1911 all the time :D ).

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Two of the best I have owned were

1. S&W M&P 45! They are avalible in several sizes to fit your needs and are the softist shooting 45 period and probably the best price.

2. Pricy SIG 220 it was my duty gun for years but way over priced.

I would buy another M&P in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom