Porter County
    AAEAAQAAAAAAAAOcAAAAJGY2Njk3NzU3LWI1NTItNDRmMi1iNjBjLWMwODBlM2I3MzZlMg.jpg

Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    I understand that 50 posts is “High” trust me I am nowhere near 50 posts. But I totally understand why the admins made it that way. It makes you get more involved with people and the Forum. You meet new people and learn tons of new information. It keeps the “Buyers/Sellers” people away from the site that just want to use the forum for quick money. Sometimes it is hard to come up with stuff. Go out and shoot and tell us about your experience.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, the rules say if you have less than 50 posts you are discouraged from welcoming new members.

That (along with the few status threads) are easy shortcuts to getting your 50 with out actually letting us know who you are and what you are about.

Read the rule that states the reasons Fenway put this in place. It has helped us survive a few onslaughts of flippers and carpet baggers. He even uses the word Plethora in it...:):

We want to welcome you to INGO. We also want to take this opportunity to ask you to read the FAQ which can be found in my signature below. It's pointed out in great detail why we have the 50 post rule because to the newcomer it can seem like an obscure rule for us to want to enforce. In order to participate in the classifieds, you must contribute to the forum by either 1) content in the form of 50 quality posts (not one liners) or 2) financially by becoming a site supporter. That information can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

Please remember, we are a forum first and then a place for classifieds. There is a plethora of information available here and that's what keeps people here and what allows us to have a classifieds section.

Thanks!

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I do like the one reply that says the replies to the thread I started should count. Even 10% of the replies would help as I now have 2 thread with 5+ pages of replies.

I try to think before I talk, especially writing things, as I do not wish to offend someone, accidentally or on purpose, and generate a flame fest. Usually with a little effort one can write and not offend someone. Of course you run the risk of getting logged off before clicking the Post button! :-(

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I do like the one reply that says the replies to the thread I started should count. Even 10% of the replies would help as I now have 2 thread with 5+ pages of replies.

I try to think before I talk, especially writing things, as I do not wish to offend someone, accidentally or on purpose, and generate a flame fest. Usually with a little effort one can write and not offend someone. Of course you run the risk of getting logged off before clicking the Post button! :-(

The 50 post rule is for YOUR protection.
    Beware the classifieds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

When you hit enter and you have taken to long to post go "Advanced" and the log0n comes up.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You know, sometimes when I'm pondering what kind of post would have the right quality, I think of running.

Running is not something that comes naturally for me. I'm a sprinter. When I run, I like to run fast, usually in the context of a game.

Just getting out and running isn't something I particularly enjoyed. At least not until I reached an age where the recovery time from playing games got to be too much.

Anyway, it seems like posting is like running. Some guys just like the sprint. There's a game involved. There's a goal that's independent of running; they're trying to get to something.

TPTB here on INGO have tried to catch the long-distance runners. The folks who want to be around for the long haul.

Now, some threads are like sprints. There's so much quality to be posted that those threads just seem to generate quality posts. That's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. Sprinting is fine if it is good sprinting.

Otherwise, 'tis better to run the distance.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I have found thinking to be way over rated. I don't understand the logged off thing. I click that box when I have to log in about keeping me logged in. It is rare that I have to log in.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You know, sometimes when I'm pondering what kind of post would have the right quality, I think of running.

Running is not something that comes naturally for me. I'm a sprinter. When I run, I like to run fast, usually in the context of a game.

Just getting out and running isn't something I particularly enjoyed. At least not until I reached an age where the recovery time from playing games got to be too much.

Anyway, it seems like posting is like running. Some guys just like the sprint. There's a game involved. There's a goal that's independent of running; they're trying to get to something.

TPTB here on INGO have tried to catch the long-distance runners. The folks who want to be around for the long haul.

Now, some threads are like sprints. There's so much quality to be posted that those threads just seem to generate quality posts. That's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. Sprinting is fine if it is good sprinting.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:
    :):

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

There's over 30,000 members.
    No matter what you say, you're going to offend someone.
    Just try not to do it intentional, look like a troll, or post pictures that have "foul language" in them.
    And, if you realize you made a mistake, own up to it. Most people respect that. The ones that don't, you're not going to make happy anyway.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

I had to read that three times to see if I was missing something.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I had to read that three times to see if I was missing something.
    So... did you figure it out? ;)

(And, having re-read the thread, I think a post is now missing that really kinda makes my post context-less.)

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    So... did you figure it out? ;)

(And, having re-read the thread, I think a post is now missing that really kinda makes my post context-less.)

Maybe I'm having a dense Friday, or maybe I've just been reading too many dense documents this morning, but, well, I'm feeling kind of, well, dense......

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Maybe I'm having a dense Friday, or maybe I've just been reading too many dense documents this morning, but, well, I'm feeling kind of, well, dense......
    As I recall, there was a post by someone who could not yet PM/buy in the classifieds, that was... let's say... slim. So slim, that it made me think of those long distance runners who are freakishly thin.

I don't think that post is there anymore.

So thin, when turned sideways, it disappeared.

Top Bottom