• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    Just pay up the $20 and support the best Gun Forum in the net. It takes a lot of money to make this thing work. If you do the right thing and support it with your donation, then the 50 post rule is not going to be a concern. Seems pretty simple to me.
    I think the rule should be, you have to pay to play.:twocents:

Not the first time that I have read this on this site, from several different persons. Yes, there is some money involved for the owners of a site of this kind, my bet is that there is a handsome return. I would like to see the financials.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not the first time that I have read this on this site, from several different persons. Yes, there is some money involved for the owners of a site of this kind, my bet is that there is a handsome return. I would like to see the financials.[/QUO

Handsome.....:lmfao:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I haven't posted in the classifieds. I decided to support the sight because it's a wealth of information, discusses current events, has some comedy....
    :ingo:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Well... the post requirement also helps to protect other members, gives a bit of info into who you are dealing with.

You post your gun for sale here and somebody makes an account with 1 post and wants to "buy" it and they want to meet tonight behind the waffle house off of 465 at 10 p.m.
    MIGHT be seen as bit sketchy...

Don't give away my meeting spots!

Yeah but where do you sell your guns? :):

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Every member should get a participation ribbon and one free post for every month they're a member.

I'm a longtime member. I've been MIA for awhile. I'm here tonight visiting, what kind of free stuff can I have? :-).

Instead of a ribbon, could I maybe have a tiara?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why does it matter? None of our business!

Trumps tax returns.....:):

I have heard a lot of reasons folks will not do the SS thing and seriously I am OK with it. Unless you live in the classies and are riding the wave for free.
    If you spend a lot of time here, have a lot of friends here, do a lot of the functions generated here...........support the place. JMHO but I am obviously biased.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I understand all sides here. I joined 3.5 years ago and have about 400 posts. Most of my posts relate to the 22 long range match I run at Riley Conservation Club.

I don't think I have ever bought anything from this site. never had an item for sale here. After joining, I read this site from work...the IT guys would let me read but kick me off if I signed in.

Let's face it, no criticism, but this is largely a black plastic gun site, especially the classified. And that's OK, cuz it is what it is. Aside from a small handful, there are precious few that are serious accuracy oriented members. here. Sorry, the 4 inch group at 25y with your Glock isn't accuracy oriented...

I don't have an answer, but I relate to the OP, who has been a member but rarely posts. If I wasn't running a match, I don't know that I would have 50 posts even after 3 years.

I appreciate the OP position, he isn't trying to sell anything but wants to buy from a member with 1300 posts. Again, no solution here, I guess OP just has to post whatever he has to and qualify with 50 posts.

Top Bottom