• ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Come on BF

Pepe Lapierre is a snake oil salesman once him and all of his family and friend's are gone the NRA can get back to normal.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I would like to see changes. They have shot themselves in the foot. I don't get mailings and don't donate much.

I don't make a habit of disparaging.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You are getting too nice in your old age !

People truly have faith and trust the NRA and many have no or little idea that Pepe has a team of hair and makeup people fly with them for his wife.
    How the NRA (you and us) paid over $15,000 for him and wife to have a car and a driver for a euro vacation that the NRA also paid for.

Pepe Lapierre is a elitist no different than a Democrat !

BTW
    don’t trust Canadians !

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You can make silly names, make stuff up and make fun all you want.

IS this the time for us to not have representation?

CAN we afford to lose the next election?

WILL the next supreme court appointee make a difference?

ARE you prepared to sit back and allow all of this to happen because you don't like the leadership?

IS it worth it to make fun and lose at the expense of the next generation's 2A rights, or what will be left of them?

:dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I cannot disagree with any of that, our dissension will only weaken gun owners as a whole. Divide and conquer.

I am not saying that we should not have an internal house cleaning, maybe even forcibly like in the 70's.

My mama taught me not to air dirty laundry in public.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Here’s the made up stuff

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nra-s...and-makeup-for-ceo-wayne-lapierres-wife-susan

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/n...-on-hair-and-makeup-for-wayne-lapierres-wife/

https://www.thetrace.org/2019/05/nra-ackerman-lapierre-financial-misconduct-guide/

https://thecrimereport.org/2019/05/13/nras-lapierre-billed-ad-agency-for-clothing-car-and-driver/

Your money to spend on what you want I don’t believe in supporting elites lavish living while they fake support for the 2AD.

The NRA is hurting for money many lawmakers are pulling back support from them because of the scandals.
    The next election will not hinge on the support of the NRA it’s a flawed organization that’s losing support quickly.
    The 2AD future will not be bolstered by support of a corrupt organization that is only worried about money and power.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Please do not let your hatred or disgust for WL, hurt our cause in the upcoming elections...

Somehow you keep inter -tying WLP with Trump for President. Two separate issues and it would be appreciated if you quit implying / stating that if you don't support WLP's NRA then you won't vote for Trump or Trump won't win. Not the same issue. I'll vote for Trump again and has not a thing to do with me no longer giving the NRA money. So quit tying them together.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Here’s the made up stuff

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nra-s...and-makeup-for-ceo-wayne-lapierres-wife-susan

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/n...-on-hair-and-makeup-for-wayne-lapierres-wife/

https://www.thetrace.org/2019/05/nra-ackerman-lapierre-financial-misconduct-guide/

https://thecrimereport.org/2019/05/13/nras-lapierre-billed-ad-agency-for-clothing-car-and-driver/

Your money to spend on what you want I don’t believe in supporting elites lavish living while they fake support for the 2AD.

The NRA is hurting for money many lawmakers are pulling back support from them because of the scandals.
    The next election will not hinge on the support of the NRA it’s a flawed organization that’s losing support quickly.
    The 2AD future will not be bolstered by support of a corrupt organization that is only worried about money and power.

I think you must have forgotten a link from the HuffPo in your list of liberal news media links?

:dunno:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. How much can we help the dems to win? :nono:

Should we just go ahead and give them our guns now?

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    There is not one pro 2 AD person is going to vote differently because of the NRA.

Not one Democrat will win on support from the NRA.

Not one Democrat will support the NRA.

The 2AD’s fate is not in the hands of the NRA is in the hands of the Republicans.

Greed is a sin

Elected officials that have moved away from NRA have faired better than ones who have embraced the NRA it’s quickly becoming a albatross around political figures necks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Somehow you keep inter -tying WLP with Trump for President. Two separate issues and it would be appreciated if you quit implying / stating that if you don't support WLP's NRA then you won't vote for Trump or Trump won't win. Not the same issue. I'll vote for Trump again and has not a thing to do with me no longer giving the NRA money. So quit tying them together.

Because they are intertwined. The NRA power was never money! The NRA power was voters, being able to get even, squishy, non-members, 2A people motivated to their candidate accross the line and defeat the candidates they opposed. If NRA cannot get the squishy voters accross the finish line Trump may not be elected. GOA and the like do not have a get out the vote operation on the scale of the NRA. I support the NRA to get out those votes...

bradrob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Boys and girls, nothing is perfect. We are in a fight for our constitutional country, our constitutional speech rights, our constitutional right to bear arms. This worrying about perfect messengers and who might have wasted money is futile and counterproductive. The NRA is the ONLY gun rights organization that has media heft for the upcoming battles. You can help boost better people to run it, more responsive officers and directors after we win this coming battle. We must unite and use the tools we have, not sit on our wallets and pine for tools we do not have.

GIVE MONEY AND SUPPORT THOSE SUPPORTING OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!!

AMEN! I don't care for the sleazy leadership and always begging for $$, but without the NRA doing what they do with the financial backing from its members, I'm afraid what may happen to our 2A rights. Until something better is out there, I'll continue to renew my membership.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Give money so Pepe Lapierre can get over 5 million a year of it and live a life that would make a prosperity preacher blush.
    Don’t forget all the perks that go along with the job that add up to the hundreds of thousands and the fact he doesn’t even hunt or own a gun.

Here is how a member gets treated at a board meeting!
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/1...er-attends-day-one-of-the-nra-board-meetings/

This is your money at work!
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-nra-board-of-directors-meeting-in-a-nutshell/

Its your money give it to the NRA if you want but don’t believe it’s fighting for the 2AD, it’s going to people that don’t care about the 2AD.
    The NRA is quickly becoming a political hinderance not a asset political officials are supporting the 2AD in spite of the NRA not because of it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Give money so Pepe Lapierre can get over 5 million a year of it and live a life that would make a prosperity preacher blush.
    Don’t forget all the perks that go along with the job that add up to the hundreds of thousands and the fact he doesn’t even hunt or own a gun.

Here is how a member gets treated at a board meeting!
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/1...er-attends-day-one-of-the-nra-board-meetings/

This is your money at work!
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-nra-board-of-directors-meeting-in-a-nutshell/

Its your money give it to the NRA if you want but don’t believe it’s fighting for the 2AD, it’s going to people that don’t care about the 2AD.
    The NRA is quickly becoming a political hinderance not a asset political officials are supporting the 2AD in spite of the NRA not because of it.

Again, I agree the NRA needs a cleanup. Hou much should a seasoned, experienced, successful CEO of NRA make? What are you willing to pay a guy to be the manager, figurehead, media defender and media piñata of a $400 million enterprise?

My take is the guy gets paid on results. Fundraising to implement change legislatively in the states and at the federal level protecting 2nd amendment rights. He probably should be paid more than a CEO running a $400 million - billion dollar company because of the highly charged political aspects of the position. The guy lives on the road, the perks should be there to make it comfortable to be out there.

Why the heck do I give a care if my representatives "hunt or even own a gun"? They are there to do a job. Do you really care if your lawyer hunts or shoots? I don't. In fact I do not even care if I like them, just do the job they were hired for.

I am reminded of those that would say "Peyton Manning gets paid millions to throw a football", no he didn't, he got paid for filling stands, TV viewers tuning in and the like. He got paid not on win or lose, but on money generated. Same deal with NRA, money generated coupled with legislative successes with that money. I couldn't care less how much the CEO makes if results are what I want. We should give WL a billion dollars if he could get national constitutional carry passed.

I like GOA and others, but really, are they in any way primarily responsible for the gun rights gains over the last 25 years? I think not, and to abandon the organization most responsible of those gains now would be a tactical error. If nothing else, we need to save the name, NRA, as it alone is worth millions as a marketing tool.

This is not expected to change your mind, it seems made up, and I get it, but I hope this will help those on the fence to see this from a different perspective...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don't you wonder if people who go out of their way to rag on the NRA would spend as much time and effort positively promoting their alternative, that we all would have an organization that we could get behind to take over the NRA?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Don't you wonder if people who go out of their way to rag on the NRA would spend as much time and effort positively promoting their alternative, that we all would have an organization that we could get behind to take over the NRA?

GOA has grown pretty rapidly.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    They have, but only have a budget of just over $2 million compared to $400 million.

And have much less bloat than the nra. In its current state, and the availability of information on corruption and mismanagement, not to mention several questionable stances on pro gun control measures... Supporting the nra while being pro 2a requires a logical disconnect that truly baffles me.

I was and am a life member, but once the nonsense revolving around wlp and mistreatment of donations and board members I can find no reason to even suggest to anyone that the nra is a good gun lobby. I especially detest any organization that allows a self admitted pedophile to remain in the board while systematically removing 2a champions because they question executive decisions.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    That is absolutely great news! Will the GOA be ready to take over the NRA before the election?

Take over what? Begging for donations, negotiating away rights to push a political agenda of voter pacification over defending the 2a? Funding the Lapierre family holiday vacation?

Is been a long time since I've seen the nra do anything for the 2a that didn't have some sort of monetary kickback for themselves. Every article in rifleman pages for more money to fight for rights, meanwhile goa and fpc are the ones putting lawyers in courts. It's just a checkmark for candidates. The nra will not disavow a republican even when they push red flag, universal bgc, instead the nra normalizes unconstitutional gun laws by selling them as "deals"

Top Bottom