• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    Yeah, like many others, I too cannot support NRA. GOA for me, since they actually do something and don't sell gun owners down the river.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Take over what? Begging for donations, negotiating away rights to push a political agenda of voter pacification over defending the 2a? Funding the Lapierre family holiday vacation?

Is been a long time since I've seen the nra do anything for the 2a that didn't have some sort of monetary kickback for themselves. Every article in rifleman pages for more money to fight for rights, meanwhile goa and fpc are the ones putting lawyers in courts. It's just a checkmark for candidates. The nra will not disavow a republican even when they push red flag, universal bgc, instead the nra normalizes unconstitutional gun laws by selling them as "deals"

How about getting out the vote for starters...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Take over what? Begging for donations, negotiating away rights to push a political agenda of voter pacification over defending the 2a? Funding the Lapierre family holiday vacation?

Is been a long time since I've seen the nra do anything for the 2a that didn't have some sort of monetary kickback for themselves. Every article in rifleman pages for more money to fight for rights, meanwhile goa and fpc are the ones putting lawyers in courts. It's just a checkmark for candidates. The nra will not disavow a republican even when they push red flag, universal bgc, instead the nra normalizes unconstitutional gun laws by selling them as "deals"

In all seriousness, folks like Jim Lucas and Guy Relford will tell you that the regional NRA guys are invaluable in the support they provide with the IN bills. To my knowledge, no other group puts boots on the ground in Indianapolis.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In all seriousness, folks like Jim Lucas and Guy Relford will tell you that the regional NRA guys are invaluable in the support they provide with the IN bills. To my knowledge, no other group puts boots on the ground in Indianapolis.

I'll second that. NRA-ILA shows up with a lawyer to testify in favor of pro-2A legislation. When the calendar reads 2020 looks for more boots on the ground in the form of campaign field reps.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Do most gun owners know the GOA exists? Do the anti's?

Yes. There are numerous articles calling them extremists and talking about how hardline they are favoring the nra's negotiating to the stance of the goa. They are actually feared in the anti gun groups on fb where the nra is almost welcomed for the wlp scandals casting a bad light on the 2a community as a whole.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Shall not be infringed. They are still fighting the bumpstock ban in court.

Yes, they are fighting in court. They just do not do what the NRA does in elections and in DC. No way they can, they just don't have the infrastructure and funding to do so.

So the pro gun President, minority leader, and senate leader call GAO and say something is getting done, we don't want to do it but the political head winds and public opinion are too strong, what do we do? "Shall not be infringed" is not going to cut it. What do you think should be done?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Yes, they are fighting in court. They just do not do what the NRA does in elections and in DC. No way they can, they just don't have the infrastructure and funding to do so.

So the pro gun President, minority leader, and senate leader call GAO and say something is getting done, we don't want to do it but the political head winds and public opinion are too strong, what do we do? "Shall not be infringed" is not going to cut it. What do you think should be done?

Trump is not pro gun. He has personally enacted more lasting and effective gun infringement than Obama, even Clinton could only pass things with an expiration date. Trump set precedent for presidents to bypass constitutionally protected rights with an executive action.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes. There are numerous articles calling them extremists and talking about how hardline they are favoring the nra's negotiating to the stance of the goa. They are actually feared in the anti gun groups on fb where the nra is almost welcomed for the wlp scandals casting a bad light on the 2a community as a whole.

Links please?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Trump is not pro gun. He has personally enacted more lasting and effective gun infringement than Obama, even Clinton could only pass things with an expiration date. Trump set precedent for presidents to bypass constitutionally protected rights with an executive action.

What gun infringement? Specifics please.

And bypass the cliches and answer my question from my previous post?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    What gun infringement? Specifics please.

And bypass the cliches and answer my question from my previous post?

Bumpstock. It's the most dangerous precedent to government infringement on gun rights. Basically president tells atf to reverse rules mid stream, confiscation without compensation, a single executive action turned 500k plus gun owners into felons. That is the low estimate.

Trump avidly and aggressively supports red flag laws. *take the guns first" his own words.

Trump is aggressively pushing for universal background checks.

Trump regularly appoints anti gun individuals to positions. Barr, and Canterbury who has been stalled no thanks to the nra.

Trump gave an interview to piers talking about exploring paths to make suppressors illegal.

The list goes on and on. Cliche answers is all you will get from the nra blind support crowd. Where are the deliverables?
    Mental gymnastics to justify feeding an organization over run with executive excess, waste, fraud, elitism, and self service are unreal.

Trump won the gun vote promising hearing protection acts, national reciprocity, constitutional carry, an end to the 8 year assault on gun rights... When is he going to hold up his end? When will the nra hold him liable? All they did was suggest he look into the legality of bumpstocks opening the door to the greatest betrayal in recent political memory.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Bumpstock. It's the most dangerous precedent to government infringement on gun rights. Basically president tells atf to reverse rules mid stream, confiscation without compensation, a single executive action turned 500k plus gun owners into felons. That is the low estimate.

Trump avidly and aggressively supports red flag laws. *take the guns first" his own words.

Trump is aggressively pushing for universal background checks.

Trump regularly appoints anti gun individuals to positions. Barr, and Canterbury who has been stalled no thanks to the nra.

Trump gave an interview to piers talking about exploring paths to make suppressors illegal.

The list goes on and on. Cliche answers is all you will get from the nra blind support crowd. Where are the deliverables?
    Mental gymnastics to justify feeding an organization over run with executive excess, waste, fraud, elitism, and self service are unreal.

Trump won the gun vote promising hearing protection acts, national reciprocity, constitutional carry, an end to the 8 year assault on gun rights... When is he going to hold up his end? When will the nra hold him liable? All they did was suggest he look into the legality of bumpstocks opening the door to the greatest betrayal in recent political memory.

Still do not have a proposal to navigate the very real political situation that existed at the time.

Trump says a lot, much he never acts on.

in a perfect world all appointees would be pro 2A but that is just not practical, I hope mainly for 2A judges.

Trump has signed every pro gun bill to reach his desk. Between Paul Ryan's stalling and bad timing of horrific shootings congress would not pass anything and we are fortunate they did not pass something bad.

I believe there was a strategy to short circuit congress and the even worse bill that would pass in the aftermath of the shootings with the bumpstock ban they expected to be overruled by the courts later.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Wayne's wardrobe appreciates your donation. If you have to make conspiracy theories of 4d chess games that always end in the erosion of freedom you should probably take a hard look at that chess game. Wlp and his cronies don't care about restoring your rights, it's bad for business and bonuses. Fear is how they drive donations, action is how goa drives donations.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So you are just going to set up shop in every NRA thread? Everyone gets that you are against them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yep and I trust Jim Lucas. No offense meant to guy leaving his name out, I just don't follow the guy.

I think a lot of the more vocal people *****ing about the NRA on the internet are people who have never given them a dime anyways or maybe once upon a time they did but never would again anyways.
    I didnt want to be one of those people and I also wanted to have the most voice inside of the NRA that I could have as a regular dude to help change things, so I became a life member and I voted in the last election. The NRA will eventually be fixed. Crooked wayne isn't the NRA, we are

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well good. Im glad Im a member of theirs too and donated money specifically to fight the bumstock ban in court even though ive never owned one.
    Ive said before I believe we need to use more bold and uncompromising tactics. Im not talking about violence but in your face arguements and not backing down to scum that try to take away our natural rights (any right), hell yes!
    Unapologetically American! We are fighting for the very survival of the republic. If you think we will have a free society and be free from oppression without guns then you are frankly high on drugs

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yep and I trust Jim Lucas. No offense meant to guy leaving his name out, I just don't follow the guy.

I think a lot of the more vocal people *****ing about the NRA on the internet are people who have never given them a dime anyways or maybe once upon a time they did but never would again anyways.
    I didnt want to be one of those people and I also wanted to have the most voice inside of the NRA that I could have as a regular dude to help change things, so I became a life member and I voted in the last election. The NRA will eventually be fixed. Crooked wayne isn't the NRA, we are

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Trigger Time again.

Top Bottom