• daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Cats are evil... lock her up.

OK, first off, they really are evil.

Secondly, it seems she had been given chance after chance... Take the 10 days while she's away to kill/capture all the cats, so they won't come around when she gets out, and it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This is what you get when you try to control people through the law. Someone's granny is a felon now...

No she's not. Not a felony, nor anywhere close.

She plead guilty. She was extended mercy several times. She ignored the law several times.

Don't like the law? Fine, get it changed or repealed altogether. It's not OK to act like you're above the law, no matter how old you are.

However, I have no doubt that she will be extended mercy once again (she doesn't have to report until August 11) and she will, again, ignore the law. Actually, it may be time for the kids to evaluate whether their Mom can comply with the law.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Bingo. Repeat offender? To the fullest extent of the law.

Willful disobedience often has extra consequences.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wild cats are an issue, encouraging them does not help; laws that discourage their support are not bad.
    Why do you hate freedom?

[video=youtube;9EYZnSXEla0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EYZnSXEla0[/video]

Our neighborhood has a "working cat" - the shelter chip, neutered, and clipped her ear and turned her loose. We feed her occasionally and in exchange she keeps the rodents under control.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So...you're part of the problem. I don't want your damn cats in my yard. If you can't control them expect them to die.

Nah - I'm in one of those evil HOAs. My own two cats, Sir Reginald Fluffingbottom and Lady Penelope Meowmeowton, never leave the house.

In case you were confused, that video is absolutely not me or anyone I know.

EDIT: 22 cats?! Thor - you, I, and a couple 10/22's with 30 round mags... :rockwoot:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Nah - I'm in one of those evil HOAs. My own two cats, Sir Reginald Fluffingbottom and Lady Penelope Meowmeowton, never leave the house.

EDIT: 22 cats?! Thor - you, I, and a couple 10/22's with 30 round mags... :rockwoot:

Careful I was called everything but a big meanie poopie head for suggesting such a thing in a similar thread many moons ago.:drama::alright:

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    I have been in multiple situations at various properties where either the entire neighborhood or usually one jackwagon feeds the strays without any attempt at actually managing the problem they create. Newsflash: cat urine is nasty smelling and cats tend to pee where they want when they want, aside from digging up people's gardens and generally being nuisances. and don't even get me started on the rural stray cats that get fed so they can grow big and strong and raise more feral kittens to kill my livestock. you'd be better off feeding a bunch of snakes for your rodent problem.

Obviously my ire is not directed at anyone who actually manages the population instead, as some in this thread have done.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Good gracious, those ones in the video look and act like a bunch of neighborhood I/O cats that know where they can get a snack. Mine are nothing like that. There will be a couple out front, anytime I'm doing something out there I'm supervised, but even at feeding time I'll have three or four hanging out waiting for me quietly. Afterward, they'll wander off or hang out on the deck with me, but none of that commotion. They'll groom or whatever, last night I had one laying there like roadkill he was so relaxed.

armalite roadkill.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have been in multiple situations at various properties where either the entire neighborhood or usually one jackwagon feeds the strays without any attempt at actually managing the problem they create. Newsflash: cat urine is nasty smelling and cats tend to pee where they want when they want, aside from digging up people's gardens and generally being nuisances. and don't even get me started on the rural stray cats that get fed so they can grow big and strong and raise more feral kittens to kill my livestock. you'd be better off feeding a bunch of snakes for your rodent problem.

Obviously my ire is not directed at anyone who actually manages the population instead, as some in this thread have done.

Not a cat guy, huh?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No she's not. Not a felony, nor anywhere close.

She plead guilty. She was extended mercy several times. She ignored the law several times.

Don't like the law? Fine, get it changed or repealed altogether. It's not OK to act like you're above the law, no matter how old you are.

However, I have no doubt that she will be extended mercy once again (she doesn't have to report until August 11) and she will, again, ignore the law. Actually, it may be time for the kids to evaluate whether their Mom can comply with the law.
    There was a followup article
    https://fox8.com/2019/07/30/79-year...ore-reporting-to-jail-for-feeding-stray-cats/

She is getting another hearing.
    Judge Weiler told the FOX 8 I-Team the magistrate heard Segula's case last week because she was off.

She said she will have another hearing so she can hear from all sides.

The hearing has been scheduled for 11 a.m. August 6.

The magistrate ordered her to jail for contempt of court. Garfield Heights officials said Segula was ordered several times to quit feeding the cats but continued.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Standing by...weapons loaded...glad they're not yours.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    [video]
    QRuGstu.gif
    [/video]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Snake only need to eat about once a week.
    My cats will kill rodents multi times a day.
    Now big of cats do you have in your area?
    They kill livestock.

Top Bottom