• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I realize that Americans are getting fatter, but 40" of penetration is only useful if you can get three bad guys to stand in a nice line for you.

Just pointing that out to people who claim that the 40 S&W can do what a 10mm can. If its a bear attack I'd prefer the 10mm. My 10mm is for hunting and its also set up in a Micro Carbine with light and red dot for home defense. Of course I don't use 200gr WFNGC for home defense . I think 155gr XTP will do a fine job.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I didn't realize that they made a 9mm round in the 185 grain range...
    I thought that 9mm maxed at 147 (for most) and 150 grain in the HST...
    Even .40 only reaches 180 grain in weight...
    I thought only the .45 acp came in 185 grain weight...which is actually the grain/weight I CC in my Glock 36???

Yep, they do. And they're loaded to between 950-1000fps.

fazshGM.jpg

I've tested it myself and after testing it's my carry round. I would not recommend it in a sub compact handgun as it uses slower burning powder than normal for a handgun.

It's from seismic ammunition. Still find it strange the gun media hasn't really caught onto it yet.

I don't have gel, but here's links to pictures I took of shooting milk jugs:
    https://i.imgur.com/SvRzSwt.jpg
    Aftermath:
    https://i.imgur.com/okzusbu.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/4SxLnG2.png

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Holy resurrected threads! Seriously though WAY to much wording goes into round a vs round b. Most ME firearms trainers and or investigators have known for a long time is around 80% of Peeps shot with handgun rounds survive.

Over said this bwfore. Real thugs don't read gel test results! I have I interviewed several Federal inmates that were shot with everything from 22 to 7.62 (ours and their own criminal competition)

Carry what you can make reasonable hits with

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Holy resurrected threads! Seriously though WAY to much wording goes into round a vs round b. Most ME firearms trainers and or investigators have known for a long time is around 80% of Peeps shot with handgun rounds survive.

Over said this bwfore. Real thugs don't read gel test results! I have I interviewed several Federal inmates that were shot with everything from 22 to 7.62 (ours and their own criminal competition)

Carry what you can make reasonable hits with

Wow!
    Sounds like you need to choose your friends more carefully. :):

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Nightstand is a Glock 17 W/Laser and a broad assortment of different magazines. A Ruger LCRx in .357 mag. W/Laser is the comfortable CC and or occasional BUG. A Glock 27 (11 rd) in .40 with G-23 mags (15 rd) is my buddy. Inside the waist or OC where it doesn't even get noticed on a big boy.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The best is what round you can consistently hit what you're aiming at.

If you can't hit'em you're not going to stop the threat.

Practice to the point you're putting a fist sized group EVERY time you shoot.

.22 9mm .357SIG .40 .45 don't mean diddly :poop: if you don't hit what you're aiming at.

If you don't, I hope you have a paid up life insurance policy because
    the "which caliber is best discussion" IS A MUTE POINT.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    The best is what round you can consistently hit what you're aiming at.

If you can't hit'em you're not going to stop the threat.

Practice to the point you're putting a fist sized group EVERY time you shoot.

.22 9mm .357SIG .40 .45 don't mean diddly :poop: if you don't hit what you're aiming at.

If you don't, I hope you have a paid up life insurance policy because
    the "which caliber is best discussion" IS A MUTE POINT.

mute or moot?

inquiring minds need to know.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Really care to explain your reason behind this, be prepared anything you say is going to be wrong.
    All the womenfolk in my family have dainty girly hands. I don't think they could even wrap their mitts around it. Those big double stack Glock grips are a hand full.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    All the womenfolk in my family have dainty girly hands. I don't think they could even wrap their mitts around it. Those big double stack Glock grips are a hand full.

The thing is, until you have seen that they can't get a proper grip, you can't assume it. Besides, all they need is to be able to get enough of their fingers around it to properly fire it without losing control of it.
    That's the point, maintain control, if that's not possible then it's to big.
    Each person is different.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The thing is, until you have seen that they can't get a proper grip, you can't assume it. Besides, all they need is to be able to get enough of their fingers around it to properly fire it without losing control of it.
    That's the point, maintain control, if that's not possible then it's to big.
    Each person is different.
    I had a G22 many years ago. It was definitely too big for the wife and daughter.
    I really made my original comment just joshing the guy that said he bought one for his wife because HE liked it so much.

Top Bottom