• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    IF it really happened was the OP there to witness it?

If it did happen as your brother stated, he needs to file a complaint. The only way OCers are going to stop being hassled is if you make life difficult for the officers that act like that, but you can't make life difficult for them if all you do is talk about it on the internet.
    :+1:

Name names, please...and make phone calls.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Personally, I would like to hear a first hand account with the officers named before I get my blood pressure up.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i would get angry, but i need a bit more proof. i'm just too tired from taking take of a baby all day to get all worked up over some random post on the interwebz. I OC'ed yesterday in a McDonald's and no children died. amazing.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    I always get the cops name and badge number in case I need it later. I have never had to make a complaint but I have used the information to call in several positive encounters in my lifetime. Just lucky I guess.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    There is no "assault" statute in Indiana, and threatening someone with bodily harm is intimidation. "

Not quite. As I have learned during my adventures intimidation is putting somone in fear for a prior lawful act.
    If I threaten to beat you down for dating my sister, that is intimidation.
    If I threaten to beat you down if you sexually assualt her, that isn't intimidation.
    IANAL, TINLA, etc, ad nauseum.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Not quite. As I have learned during my adventures intimidation is putting somone in fear for a prior lawful act.
    If I threaten to beat you down for dating my sister, that is intimidation.
    If I threaten to beat you down if you sexually assualt her, that isn't intimidation.
    IANAL, TINLA, etc, ad nauseum.

And to think I have been accused of splitting hairs. I think you know what I was trying to explain.

Fitch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Indianapolis (Westside)
    Some of you have indicated a desire to have an OC rally/march to discourage this type of treatment by the police. I am very interested in organizing this event. Would anyone like to help me out?

Fitch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Indianapolis (Westside)
    This happened Saturday April 9th 2011, at about 6pm. My brother was only able to get the name of one of the officer's involved "Schneider". He was very nervous, because this was his first negative encounter with the police since obtaining his LTCH.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Of course not, there are never veiled threats of violence against cops posted on INGO.
    I never threaten anyone. I think for the most part, cops are good people doing a hard job and sometimes they come up short. There are a few out there that just should not be doing the job period. I don't understand why there is no policing of the police. They are not held to standards at all. Doesn't make sense that there is no checks and balance for the power they have.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    This happened Saturday April 9th 2011, at about 6pm. My brother was only able to get the name of one of the officer's involved "Schneider". He was very nervous, because this was his first negative encounter with the police since obtaining his LTCH.

I know Schneider. I'll try to get his version of the incident if he cares to share it with me.

I don't understand why there is no policing of the police. They are not held to standards at all. Doesn't make sense that there is no checks and balance for the power they have.

I don't understand why people who have no idea of the inner workings of a law enforcement agency think they can make blanket statements without concrete proof to back up their statements.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I hope like hell he got names and badge numbers then went straight to the police dept. I would consult a lawyer as well. I would also ask the lawyer about pressing charges against them. There was absolutely no cause for them to walk up and grab him. If this went down this way he should really explore some different options on how to do deal with this.
    ^^^^^ YES, THIS ^^^^^ I completely, agree !!!!!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    QUOTE: He entered the mall and was immediately appropached by mall security and asked to leave, because they do not permit people to carry open or concealed in this mall.

What am i missing?

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    QUOTE: He entered the mall and was immediately appropached by mall security and asked to leave, because they do not permit people to carry open or concealed in this mall.

What am i missing?

They have X-ray vision.

But it doesn't work at the Lego store (Castleton Mall), no one told me to leave.

Frank has a name, so we may get more info.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom