• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I hate to hear about these things! Most LEO's I know are fine, upstanding people... however I have also had very bad experiences with the 10% of the LEO population that should not ever wear a badge.

I truly do feel that these officers need to be relieved of their duty. What they did is paramount to simple bullying!! contact the station, find out the badge numbers of the officers that responded to the call about a MWAG. recount everything calmly and accurately without excessive emotion, and file a complaint. contact a lawyer, have them file for any of the tapes in the area...

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    When your confronted by the police these days, the guys are looking for any reason to bust you over the head or throw you down. Don't give them any. Answer questions simply and clearly. "Yes", "no" etc. And DON'TMOVE. FREEZE. Let THEM tell you when to move. I'm not saying this like we should "cow" down to rude officers, but if you want to avoid some of the "hot shots" out there from pushing you around, keep it simple in your speech and don't move until they tell you.

COP: "...Do you have a license for that? <references your open carried side arm>"
    YOU: "Yes." <keeping still>
    COP: "OK, let me see it."
    <slowly and calmly get your permit out>

Even if there are awkward silences or the cop gets irradiated, only move when they ask you. Let them tell you to move and do something. This makes them feel in control and should keep you from pushed around.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    IF it really happened was the OP there to witness it?

If it did happen as your brother stated, he needs to file a complaint. The only way OCers are going to stop being hassled is if you make life difficult for the officers that act like that, but you can't make life difficult for them if all you do is talk about it on the internet.

+1. :yesway:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    When your confronted by the police these days, the guys are looking for any reason to bust you over the head or throw you down.

While there are too many(1 is too many) LEOs out there that do that, I have yet to meet one, so maybe blanket statements like that aren't necessary.

Maybe it's the area I live in, but any time an officer has seen my sidearm, I get a smile and/or a nod. I've also never been disarmed during a traffic stop.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    When your confronted by the police these days, the guys are looking for any reason to bust you over the head or throw you down.

Actually we're not. You see if I bust you over the head or throw you down, I own you. That means I have to do paperwork for busting you in the head, and paperwork means spending more time with you and more than likely seeing you again. Frankly, there are very few people on INGO that I want to spend time with or see twice, let alone once. No offense, thats just how I roll.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Actually we're not. You see if I bust you over the head or throw you down, I own you. That means I have to do paperwork for busting you in the head, and paperwork means spending more time with you and more than likely seeing you again. Frankly, there are very few people on INGO that I want to spend time with or see twice, let alone once. No offense, thats just how I roll.
    And I was hoping we could spend some quality time together:(

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    If they were standing on a public sidewalk, I dont think the cop can legally make him cover his pistol.

Let me rephrase that: The cop cant legally do it, but he probably will anyway. Got a problem with that? End up beaten bloody on the concrete in handcuffs.

F*$! COPS

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    If they were standing on a public sidewalk, I dont think the cop can legally make him cover his pistol.

Let me rephrase that: The cop cant legally do it, but he probably will anyway. Got a problem with that? End up beaten bloody on the concrete in handcuffs.

F*$! COPS

Get used to it, it wont change until Im banned from this site.

WOW! hopefully it won't be long then:rolleyes:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

F*$! COPS

Get used to it, it wont change until Im banned from this site.
    Can't happen soon enough bub. :n00b:

Top Bottom