• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Now that you have the rifle you must get this bike..

Talk about having a monkey on your back....

cadettociclista.jpg

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep, berdan and corrosive. You're welcome :ingo:

And even though they cost more, I think you will be happier with the correct dies, it makes things soooo much easier!

Just ordered the CH4D dies from Buffalo Arms this morning. About 95 bucks shipped. Hopefully the ammo I ordered from them will come back in stock soon so I'll have something to compare to my re-formed 303 eventually. Btw, I'll be using HXP 303 brass. It's worked well for making 30-40 Krag. I hope it does equally well for the 53R.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    ha ha the Dutch curse begins...

Hey have you had a second to take apart the Dutch Carbine.. Is all the wood matching numbers, including the Magazine wood???? And how was the barrel inside???
    Any under the wood pitting?????

I took it apart today and the wood does match. I didn't take off the magazine side cover though. I was busy keeping an eye on the grand daughter. Curious almost two year olds and disassembling rifles don't go well together! Everything matches on the rifle except for the bolt. All the other numbers I saw matched the receiver and barrel. The metal under the wood looks great. No pitting whatsoever and even the bluing looks good.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I took it apart today and the wood does match. I didn't take off the magazine side cover though. I was busy keeping an eye on the grand daughter. Curious almost two year olds and disassembling rifles don't go well together! Everything matches on the rifle except for the bolt. All the other numbers I saw matched the receiver and barrel. The metal under the wood looks great. No pitting whatsoever and even the bluing looks good.

She has got to learn how to disassemble a rifle sometime???? Oh sure she may not be up to the bolt and all.. but she could have gotten that wood off...

Well believe it or not they did even number that magazine wood... Amazing to me how much they spent numbering everything...But that is old world craftsmanship for you...

Glad that Dutch rifle worked out... The bilious bastard who sold that gun didn't know anything more about selling firearms than they did about fornicating

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    She has got to learn how to disassemble a rifle sometime???? Oh sure she may not be up to the bolt and all.. but she could have gotten that wood off...

Well believe it or not they did even number that magazine wood... Amazing to me how much they spent numbering everything...But that is old world craftsmanship for you...

Glad that Dutch rifle worked out... The bilious bastard who sold that gun didn't know anything more about selling firearms than they did about fornicating

Oh, I have no doubt she could figure out how to take it apart. It's the reassembly that has me concerned! :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So my 75 dollar box of 6.5x53R ammo came today from Buffalo Arms. I looked at the headstamp. 303 British!! So they're doing the same damned thing I'm going to be doing and getting paid big bucks by gullible rubes like me apparently. :rolleyes::xmad:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would not say your gullible...

I knew it would be their own loads/reloads, but at that price I figured they had to import "real" 53R brass from Norma or Graf or someone. I guess I will have the re-formed brass to use as a gauge when I start forming my own but dang... :spend:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I knew it would be their own loads/reloads, but at that price I figured they had to import "real" 53R brass from Norma or Graf or someone. I guess I will have the re-formed brass to use as a gauge when I start forming my own but dang... :spend:

Ok you win, your gullible....

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    There is a vendor who works the Central Indiana Gushows who has a crate of 6.5 Dutch ammunition. Really nice guy.....I think his name is Lars. If I got that wrong I apologize as I am terrible with names. I think he is on INGO. Anyway he has 6.5 brass and steel case rounds and clips. He sells them to me for a dollar each for my collection. He knows a lot about Dutch history and European firearms. Last time I saw him he had 5 or 6 Dutch rifles on his table and I think some 6.5 reloading dies in addition to the ammo. Just FYI. If you need ammo or just want to chat with a knowledgeable guy I recommend stopping by a Central Indiana Gun Show. He was at Greenfield and Anderson. I think Richmond is coming up this weekend.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ok you win, your gullible....

He's a wee bit more than gullible....Darned if this don't remind me of a broken safety on an '03...:)

That was two hours of pure joy...Beautiful...Epic....And to hear him say it in his Canadian accent was priceless...."What's this lever aboot? Is it broke eh? Come one youse Hosers...What's so funny????":laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    He's a wee bit more than gullible....Darned if this don't remind me of a broken safety on an '03...:)

That was two hours of pure joy...Beautiful...Epic....And to hear him say it in his Canadian accent was priceless...."What's this lever aboot? Is it broke eh? Come one youse Hosers...What's so funny????":laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Eh.... And don't forget his every 3rd word is "EH??"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There is a vendor who works the Central Indiana Gushows who has a crate of 6.5 Dutch ammunition. Really nice guy.....I think his name is Lars. If I got that wrong I apologize as I am terrible with names. I think he is on INGO. Anyway he has 6.5 brass and steel case rounds and clips. He sells them to me for a dollar each for my collection. He knows a lot about Dutch history and European firearms. Last time I saw him he had 5 or 6 Dutch rifles on his table and I think some 6.5 reloading dies in addition to the ammo. Just FYI. If you need ammo or just want to chat with a knowledgeable guy I recommend stopping by a Central Indiana Gun Show. He was at Greenfield and Anderson. I think Richmond is coming up this weekend.

Thanks for the heads up! I don't know if I'll be able to make it out to Richmond this weekend or not, but maybe I can catch him at the next Greenfield show. If you happen to think of his INGO handle, let me know and I'll see if I can PM him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Eh.... And don't forget his every 3rd word is "EH??"

takeoffehh.jpg

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I am a collector and don't shoot 6.5 Dutch but this looks like good stuff. I think he charged me 10 dollars for 11 loose rounds and another ten for the stripper clip and 5 rounds.
    20160516_191640_resized.jpg
    20160526_202149.jpg

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I am a collector and don't shoot 6.5 Dutch but this looks like good stuff. I think he charged me 10 dollars for 11 loose rounds and another ten for the stripper clip and 5 rounds.
    20160516_191640_resized.jpg

Who is the maker and year of the round in the middle, almost looks steel...

Top Bottom