• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Despite the fact that they are relatively close to Turkey, I'd wager they'll go south, rather than north if they continue. They'll take a shot at Jordan then head for Kuwait, the Gulf States and Saudi. The Turks are not worth messing with for them, at this time. They'll need more boots than what they currently have to take that one on. Taking the southern route to Saudi lands them right in the middle of "friendly" sunni territory. It would be easier for them than a push into Turkey, imo.
    Yep. Part of their success has been making converts along the way. That seems like it would be easier to do with sunnis.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ah Yes!
    The old cut their beating hearts out and blow their brains all over the desert kind of conversion!

Not that I agree with mrj all that often, but...

Sure, there are a lot of people joining for fear. From the video it seemed pretty obvious that a lot of those people went along with the program because the alternative was some kind of horrible death. But, at least among the sunnis, I think a lot of them are joining for the cause. It seems to me a big reason why IS was so successful so quickly in Iraq, especially in those sunni populated areas, is those people sympathize with IS. I think they feel empowered. Also, the kids seemed to feel pretty enamored with the power.

This is just a pretty big mess that the dick head in chief helped cause.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not that I agree with mrj all that often, but...

Sure, there are a lot of people joining for fear. From the video it seemed pretty obvious that a lot of those people went along with the program because the alternative was some kind of horrible death. But, at least among the sunnis, I think a lot of them are joining for the cause. It seems to me a big reason why IS was so successful so quickly in Iraq, especially in those sunni populated areas, is those people sympathize with IS. I think they feel empowered. Also, the kids seemed to feel pretty enamored with the power.

This is just a pretty big mess that the dick head in chief helped cause.

I agree. I doubt that very many people who join are doing so in the belief that doing so is the only way to avoid being force-fed pork and then executed.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Saudi Arabia could be fertile territory for them, in more ways that one... or even two.

There is a semi-latent fundamentalist underground that thinks the wahabbi are too much in league with The Family. A group like IS could really take hold there.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Saudi Arabia could be fertile territory for them, in more ways that one... or even two.

There is a semi-latent fundamentalist underground that thinks the wahabbi are too much in league with The Family. A group like IS could really take hold there.

Given that the Wahabbi make up the Saudi quota for radicals, does this mean that this group you believe would support ISIS would come out of the majority who want to host tea parties and talk about the brotherhood of all mankind?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Given that the Wahabbi make up the Saudi quota for radicals, does this mean that this group you believe would support ISIS would come out of the majority who want to host tea parties and talk about the brotherhood of all mankind?

I think the situation isn't as clearly true now as it used to be. There are radicals that we would traditionally have associated with that movement will be inclined to join ISIS. Wahabbi made promises and articulated goals over the years that ISIS is delivering on. Plus, there's a perception that the wahabbi now have been co-opted by the Saudi officials to not be "too radical" as to create a threat to the House of Saud.

I see that as an opportunity to spread into Saudi Arabia, and beyond.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I love reading "Aloha Snack Bar", thats hilarious, i saw a video of a crazy loading a mortar and saying it before every round that was fired, then after 4 or 5 the mortar round blew up in the tube right after he said it. I laughed for a long while.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Mmmmm. Crunchy goodness.

Nutty-Bars-Small.jpg

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    I thought those were very enlightening videos. Good job done by whoever acquired them. I didn't have audio when I watched the videos but I didn't see any promotion of the IS ideology or propaganda. Obviously, the IS members were spewing their own propaganda and we got to see it for what it is. Sun Tzu says it is important to know the enemy.

As a father who has a passion for turning his two little sons into men I couldn't help but notice the joy some of those IS fighting men found in the young boys. There's something I have in common with them - a love for seeing young boys grow up into strong warriors for their beliefs.

But the thing that impressed me the most was the underlying foundation that these islamists have for their doings and for their imposition of their beliefs on others. Obviously, that foundation is false and the resulting actions are pure evil. Yet the IS soldiers can give a reason why they are doing what they are doing and they are able to give an answer for why right is right and wrong is wrong. By contrast, it seems that western, post-modern culture has no underlying foundation for its values and beliefs whatsoever. If you ask most people today why they believe what they believe they don't have a firm reason whatsoever. We in the west just believe what we believe for no reason at all and if somebody else believes something different then that is just as valid for them as an opposing belief is for somebody else. Our beliefs and values are just left hanging in mid air without having any concrete foundation of truth. We don't have a reason why what we consider is evil is evil or good is good. I think this is one advantage the islamists have and can see why their world view would be attractive for people who are searching for truth and meaning and purpose to their lives.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pretty sweet. Iron Dome intercepting 15 rockets from Hamas

[video=youtube;_e9UhLt_J0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e9UhLt_J0g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Pretty sweet. Iron Dome intercepting 15 rockets from Hamas

[video=youtube;_e9UhLt_J0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e9UhLt_J0g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Interesting...now get back inside until all that scrap metal finishes raining down from the sky!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wonder if insurance covers damage to shingles from rocket debris.

Seems like I remember mine saying something about not covering damage due to riots, wars, insurrections, etc...maybe you can get a special rider for rocket damage?

Top Bottom