• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    How come this group isn't entitled to be "refugees"?
    Because they weren't unaccompanied minors. The laws pretty cut and dried in that regard. Come with a parent and you don't get accorded the same status, even though you're still fleeing the same hell hole. It's just the way the law shakes out.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Because they weren't unaccompanied minors. The laws pretty cut and dried in that regard. Come with a parent and you don't get accorded the same status, even though you're still fleeing the same hell hole. It's just the way the law shakes out.
    But a refugee is a refugee no matter what the law says. We should still take them in correct? THEY ARE REFUGEES NOT MIGRANTS.

Another thing that jumped out to me in the article was that they only finally decided to try and become "refugees" because "they heard that there was a new U.S. policy that made it easier for unaccompanied children or single women with at least one child to remain in the country."

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    It's just the way the law shakes out.

But a refugee is a refugee no matter what the law says. We should still take them in correct? THEY ARE REFUGEES.

Another thing that jumped out to me in the article was that they only finally decided to try and become "refugees" because "they heard that there was a new U.S. policy that made it easier for unaccompanied children or single women with at least one child to remain in the country."

Yeah, what's this 'the law is the law' BS when we're talking about the human rights of miserable huddled masses? Isn't that what the statists say?

Now, Mrjarrell, what was your address again?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah, what's this 'the law is the law' BS when we're talking about the human rights of miserable huddled masses? Isn't that what the statists say?

Now, Mrjarrell, what was your address again?
    I guess they only qualify to become refugees if the law says so. Even if they come from the same hell hole. That's just the way the law shakes out.

You can't be refugees. You are illegal migrants. Sorry about your luck.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    But a refugee is a refugee no matter what the law says. We should still take them in correct? THEY ARE REFUGEES NOT MIGRANTS.

I guess they only qualify to become refugees if the law says so. Even if they come from the same hell hole. That's just the way the law shakes out.

Unfortunately, that's exactly the way things are. We, as a supposed nation of laws have said that it is to be that way. Personally, I think a refugee is a refugee. A mom with a kid deserves as fair a shake as an unaccompanied minor. They're both fleeing a hellhole for the promise of a better life. Just like Cubans and many others have done over the years. They've chosen to make the journey they have because there's no other realistic alternative. Going to the embassy and applying would result in years of paperwork and probable denial. Desperate people can't wait, sorry to say. We'll just have to let the system play out down there for now, as imperfect as it is to each persons outlook on the matter.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    We don't need any more legislation to secure the border. Border security legislation has passed and been signed numerous times just in my memory.

The House just needs to pass funding for the laws already on the books. All the things that were defunded in the prior laws as soon as it was off the front pages.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Unfortunately, that's exactly the way things are. We, as a supposed nation of laws have said that it is to be that way. Personally, I think a refugee is a refugee. A mom with a kid deserves as fair a shake as an unaccompanied minor. They're both fleeing a hellhole for the promise of a better life. Just like Cubans and many others have done over the years. They've chosen to make the journey they have because there's no other realistic alternative. Going to the embassy and applying would result in years of paperwork and probable denial. Desperate people can't wait, sorry to say. We'll just have to let the system play out down there for now, as imperfect as it is to each persons outlook on the matter.

That presupposes that it is my responsibility as well as every other citizen's responsibility to pay to alleviate this desperation on the recipient's terms. This is a form of larceny by force of government that is exactly upside-down from the concept of charity.

It seems to me that they decided that there is no other realistic alternative as soon as they caught wind of what the traitor in chief had to say about the matter. Obama opens his d*ck sucker and all of a sudden, instant crisis, despair, and no other alternative, just add water.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Oh, I get it now (duh)
    They are changing status for acceptance. They are illegal aliens.

How much more can the system withstand. There are limits to everything. These people are taking over. Look around and tell me what you see. Be honest and not snarky. I am seeing a massive influx in out area. And they are the absolute worst drivers on the planet.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Plenty of hell holes out there. And of course it's' for the children'.

I don't think we can save the world, and at least it would be nice if the goverrnment followed the law.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Oh, I get it now (duh)
    They are changing status for acceptance. They are illegal aliens.

How much more can the system withstand. There are limits to everything. These people are taking over. Look around and tell me what you see. Be honest and not snarky. I am seeing a massive influx in out area. And they are the absolute worst drivers on the planet.
    Nope. I was referring to Dave's language.

Top Bottom